Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1229643 times)

Prepaid Lenin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 2.95 ϟ] - we're almost there
« Reply #2085 on: July 22, 2010, 06:14:26 pm »

Tried it but it didn't work boss. :(

Any other suggestions?

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #2086 on: July 22, 2010, 06:20:48 pm »

In the older version I've only had (illithids) survive on isolated islands where no other civilization was present. I might not have tried enough because it seems like world generation is pretty tricky with then new versions of DF.

Hmm maybe should have the illithids make more babies, like 3-4 per birth. Worth a try; anyone? Umm do they even HAVE female castes to make offspring?

Here Deon, exotic trees with fixed adjectives: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8967397/plant_dendrology.txt
No more "cottonwood wooden logs", now cottonwood logs. Or "monkey-puzzle tree wooden logs" (now pezzle logs, perhaps you like puzzle logs better).
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 06:35:53 pm by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #2087 on: July 22, 2010, 08:13:14 pm »

They have female castes, I checked it... But I didn't check that they don't have male castes :D.

Anyway, you have to add [MALE] to those genderless illithids and [FEMALE] to the outpost brain.

And I upload 2.96 now with the said fixes and TomiTapio's dendrology names. Thank you Tomi :D.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Prepaid Lenin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 2.96 ϟ] - we're almost there
« Reply #2088 on: July 22, 2010, 09:19:29 pm »

Thank you for fixing it so fast. :)

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I plan to make them even more rare
Sure am glad to hear that  :o But currently, is there any effective way to dispatch them? Marksdwarves?

Sometimes times the only way to win the war is to not fight the battle.

Darn it...

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #2090 on: July 23, 2010, 09:09:09 am »

They have female castes, I checked it... But I didn't check that they don't have male castes :D.
Anyway, you have to add [MALE] to those genderless illithids and [FEMALE] to the outpost brain.

What if the randomness of the system makes illithids' first town all male? I'd put them mostly female if the problem is they don't last in the history.
Hooray .31.11 is out!
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #2091 on: July 23, 2010, 09:58:31 am »

Cool, checking it.

Also it doesn't matter what is rare, male or female, because creatures in DF marry only once and there're no bastard children.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #2092 on: July 23, 2010, 12:44:04 pm »

0.31.11 version is up

- 2.97: new version; glass beds and glass grates in furniture workshop; crossbow/bow training in obstacle course (temporary).

I don't like simply "updating" the game, I always want to add something.

Now you can make green/clear/crystal beds and grates in Furniture Workshop. I don't know why didn't I include it earlier.

Also you can now train bow and crossbow in Obstacle Course, it's temporary until training is fully fixed.

Also THIS time I didn't forget to include the manual :D.
It's not updated with new glass reactions and a few new plants (ginseng, mandrake root, nightshade etc.) but I will get to it next time I release something (soon) :P.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

bobbens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 2.97 ϟ] - glass beds and bars
« Reply #2093 on: July 23, 2010, 01:30:22 pm »

I was thinking it would be cool to mash up genesis mod and the civilization forge mod (more civs = better, more enemies = better, more fancy alchemy = better). However looking over the files they touch it seems like there's lots of collision. Any chance of using something like uristmod (http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=53028.15) someday? Would probably make it easier to maintain with newer versions of df raws and mash mods up between themselves, although I know it is a lot of work that might be a problem with an already made mod like yours.

edit: blarg syntax

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #2094 on: July 23, 2010, 01:32:50 pm »

The main problem is that I edit all the creatures and entities and everything else, so there's almost nothing from vanilla.

You would have to manually check for conflicts, but it's not too hard.
You just need the entity and creature info, and that's not a lot.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

bobbens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2095 on: July 23, 2010, 01:36:40 pm »

The only stuff that really matters are the raws right? Or is the worldgen and such also tweaked? (besides stuff like art for graphics, etc...)

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2096 on: July 23, 2010, 01:38:56 pm »

CivForge's alchemy is stand-alone. All you have to do is edit the entity files to get them to use the new reactions. Likewise with the don-dwarven races.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #2097 on: July 23, 2010, 01:43:24 pm »

Civforge also has ironworks which was integrated in Genesis and some other stuff which could conflict. I would just check errorlog and maybe look around files a bit :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #2098 on: July 23, 2010, 01:54:33 pm »

Okay, I thought about that, and for 3.0 we need more races.

I think we need some races which siege right away but are not too strong to allow you to fight them. It will add some adrenaline and action.

The main thought is that if they had lots of clothes/armor, they would litter the whole map with garbage, and that is not good. Thus they should have natural weapons and armor. Some insectoid race could work, and maybe there could be more than one. Scarabs for desert, scythers for forests, termites for plains. Or some animalmen, like molemen with sharp claws or werewolves with fangs.

But I want to hear which kind of a race you want to see attacking you first. Any suggestions on the flavor?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

bobbens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2099 on: July 23, 2010, 01:58:56 pm »

But I want to hear which kind of a race you want to see attacking you first. Any suggestions on the flavor?

Insects are a lovely idea (beetles, umber hulks, etc...).

Small civilized raptors are another good idea, they could bring in bigger dinosaurs as support.

Bird people would also give more play, since they would also fly in from above and bypass your fortifications.

Giants would also be good, but would be more dangerous. Would have clothes but you could keep it to a loincloth and some big ass club.

What about also getting fancier metals? I really like the idea of using alchemy and stuff to create really good metals like in civ forge (probably going to fail epically in my merge).
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 642