Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1229472 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Can you give me a save? I've never seen it. Does it happen with the latest install? Are you under windows? It looks strange :P.

This is how the trees look for me:

P.S. Meanwhile, I plan to release 2.91 shortly, fixing the ant and antlion tannable chitin and abandon Genesis for a while unless you have big suggestions. I slowly embark on a new mod from scratch which uses stuff I learned while I made Genesis but it's much more thought through (at least it's planned to be like that). I divide all stuff in elements (fire, earth, water, air). At least most of the stuff. I already simplified most of the existing "mundane" animals (i.e. "bear" for all types of bears, much less fish variations, just a few apes etc.) and all of "mundane" animals will be "earth". "FIRE" will be EVIL and all of them will be demonic creatures and they all will be related to mundane critters ("arachna" for common spider, a woman with a body of a spider, "cerberus" for a wolf, a three-headed dog which breathes fire, "blood siren" instead of seal, "nightmare" instead of horse etc.), in the same way all "AIR" critters will be GOOD critters of magical nature and all "WATER" critters will be "SAVAGE" critters of ancient nature (dinosauri, zauropods etc.), thus normal, evil, good and savage areas all will have different sets of critters. All critters will drop a component of their element which will be used in alchemy to "rotate" elements (all gems, stones and metals will belong to fire, air, water or earth element and you will be able to transmute them in circle). All races similarly belong to "earth" (dwarves), "air" (elves), "fire" (goblins) and "water" (humans). I also plan an "aether" element but I haven't made any progress on it yet. If I will be able to pull it off, it should be interesting.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 12:04:22 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Eremit

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Can you give me a save?
ahhh i realized what is it now,  tiles 157 and 158 in my custom tileset(dfg/ironhand mix) are blank resulting with that effect.
my fault, sorry.

I plan to release 2.91 shortly
Great.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 12:59:19 pm by Eremit »
yeah, i know i won't last long.
Eremit cancels job: too honest.

Vertigo

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Is there a way to train crossbow (or other ranged weapon) milita in this mod other than using the methods from vanilla dwarf fortress?
I really can't get my crossbow militia to train.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Okay, I was planning to add it for some time already but somehow other things made me to forget about it. I will add it to the next release.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

bobbens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What's the deal with steel dwarves anyway? My steel dwarf is "extremely slow to heal" and got nerve damage from a naga thief in the first combat on his arm and has been healing for ages. Aren't these guys supposed to be very buff or am I just unlucky? (I think he's my only steel dwarf out of ~80 dwarves)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

They are very buff, you just was unlucky, And they can have bad characteristics too, it's random, but "extremely slow to heal" for a steel dwarf is still much faster than "slow to heal" for a stone dwarf.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Ricky

• Bay Watcher
  • Ancient Wizard Dance.
    • View Profile

hey there, ive tried playing the mod, no luck

you told me to get winrar or 7zip, i got 7zip as a zipped file, i i still cant play it, i cant unzip the mod because its a RAR file

any help?
Ah, I wish I had been lucky enough to be scum.
I'd make such great scum...

JagoBallium

• Bay Watcher
  • Bringer of the Dawn
    • View Profile

Deon, did you make many major changes since last release because my Dwarf Fortress seems to run much faster now. :) It may be due to the new DF version though, haven't gotten a chance to test to see yet.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

hey there, ive tried playing the mod, no luck

you told me to get winrar or 7zip, i got 7zip as a zipped file, i i still cant play it, i cant unzip the mod because its a RAR file

any help?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/7-Zip
7-zip unpacks rar files too. You just right-click it and select "unpack". Are you under windows?

Deon, did you make many major changes since last release because my Dwarf Fortress seems to run much faster now. :) It may be due to the new DF version though, haven't gotten a chance to test to see yet.
I have no idea what caused it. A correct output method in init files is all that is required to make the game to run fast.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile

приветствие! I just tried out this mod, it's superdwarvenly awesome. Keep up the good work Deon!  :)

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey there,
 I've been playing this for a couple weeks, and kept having problems with goblin ambushes with shamans that toss fireballs aroung, incinerating the entire map. Is there anything i can do in the raws to turn off fireballs (for obsidian dwarves as well... never been a fan of those guys since the booze stockpile went up when one of the soldiers thought it'd be clever to fling a fireball at a snatcher)?

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Go into the creature_genesis.txt in which they are located. Remove [FIREBREATH] from the creature file and you should be good to go. This is assuming you know the basics of modding. If not, then I'll tell you how to accomplish the task in a more adequate tutorial.

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't know the files were moved, my bad.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2010, 12:29:24 pm by Daywalkah »
Magma cancels flow; interrupted by Ironblood.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

They are in creature_genesis.txt, other than that, yeah, just remove [FIREBREATH] from goblins and dwarves there.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Eremit

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

goblin ambushes with shamans that toss fireballs aroung
i was so fockin' amazed while first ambush, 3 dwarves died, but damn...this was something, exploding dwarves, sudden attack...

shame i am unable to understand BASICS of military (31's is a mess)...editing raws would be like profanation imho, so...it may be hard to live in 31's for me.
tbh, someone should tell Toady to GET real with military interface(..not eternal asslicking only, imo).
looking on donations status i am amazed that nobody made hard talk alerady.

I am just honest now, guys.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2010, 11:57:15 am by Eremit »
yeah, i know i won't last long.
Eremit cancels job: too honest.

bobbens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Speaking of which, anyone actually seen a gloomer? I tried to add one in the object testing area nad it crashed. I've checked over most of my dwarves and haven't seen a gloomer anywhere, so what's the deal with them? More bad luck?

EDIT: And while I'm at it, is there anyway to avoid the exploding pus? Does disease immunity work?
« Last Edit: July 21, 2010, 12:23:06 pm by bobbens »
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 642