Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1230405 times)

Z1000000m

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 2.51 ϟ] - Music is back!
« Reply #1500 on: June 10, 2010, 07:59:11 pm »

they can also rush at opponents
even suprise them with ferocity ;)

anyways, having fun ith the mod so far, figured that high level constructions with little space are dangrous, epecially with darned black crows

egraver charges at the black crow
engraver slams into an obstable
-_-

Sagus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: June 10, 2010, 10:31:28 pm »

Uhhh, is anyone getting some a weird bug where the colors of the skin, hair and eyes of creatures are completely random? Like, I once started a game in adventure mode with a nord woman and she had blue skin. I didn't modify the raws at all, so I dunno why this is happening...

EDIT: Nevermind, just discovered the reason, apperently it was having two descriptor_color raws that screwed things up.
Awesome mod, btw. Can't imagine playing DF without it anymore :P
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 10:44:35 pm by Sagus »

tHe_silent_H

• Bay Watcher
  • Did you win?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: June 10, 2010, 11:01:34 pm »

The only thing I don't like about this mode is trading, everyone('cept dwarfs) have the same old wood/cloth/food caravans. Only usefull to offload junk. I'm just wondering when trade goods will be spiced up, other than that:

Genesis
"This is a Dwarf fortress mod created by Deon, all craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. it is decorated with awesome and encircled with bands of awe. on the item is an image of Deon and a computer, Deon is laughing, the computer is making a plaintive gesture"
Did you know that if you write 3.14 on a piece of paper and hold it in a mirror, it will say pie? And if you divide 42 by 3.14... you get 13.37!

It is incredibly satisfying to kill a man with a butterfly.

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: June 10, 2010, 11:21:34 pm »

:'( it is going to take an hour and a half to download CURSE THIS SH**** BROADBAND!I guess i will just try to find parts of it.

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: June 11, 2010, 12:18:46 am »

Wait does the graphics version have the proper df in it?if so if i could download the graphics version in parts WITHOUT dwarf fortress in it it would be fine.[when i say in parts i mean graphics,objects and raws in a seperate download]

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: June 11, 2010, 02:10:13 am »

Yes it does because many people were asking me to do it for them to play easier. I can make separate downloads for you, stay put.

Hmm started this Genesis 2.51 today, it seems nice. Pet rabbits, six meat in a furry skin. Looks like Pig Tails are replaced by cave cotton (which I didn't embark with.)
Hmm pet cave tortoises move as fast as dwarves.
They were not replaced, they both exist.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: June 11, 2010, 02:37:14 am »

Genesis 2.51 Graphical version

• Part 1 /raw/objects/ folder (440 Kb)
  • Part 2 /raw/graphics/ folder (243 Kb)
  • Part 3 /data/art/ and /data/init/ folders (128 Kb)
  • Part 4 /data/speech/ folder (14.7 Kb)
  • Part 5 /data/sound/ folder (5.31 Mb)
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: June 11, 2010, 03:45:40 am »

Sarvesh Mossbeard pointed at my gelatinous cube invincibility... I will look into it for the next release. Right now, remember that it doesn't see further than 2 tiles away. So if you're careful, it won't touch your dwarves.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Nether

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: June 11, 2010, 12:26:46 pm »

Sarvesh Mossbeard pointed at my gelatinous cube invincibility... I will look into it for the next release. Right now, remember that it doesn't see further than 2 tiles away. So if you're careful, it won't touch your dwarves.
I love this kind of FUN! :D

coinich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: June 11, 2010, 01:39:24 pm »

Heh, Deon, thanks for pumping out updates so fast.  I was lucky my fortress encountered an ambush in their second year; now I have an excuse to download the new one.  However, I'm not so happy with peat, frankly.  Its constantly ruining my farm setups underground.  Now I'm using a 9x9, and I rather stay that way, are there any plans to adjust how peat spawns during worldgen?

afoninv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: June 11, 2010, 03:38:17 pm »

All plant_botany_cave drinks are EDIBLE_RAW only, with the one exception of black grog, which is also EDIBLE_COOKED. I think it's an unintended glitch ;)
-
V.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: June 11, 2010, 03:40:02 pm »

Heh, Deon, thanks for pumping out updates so fast.  I was lucky my fortress encountered an ambush in their second year; now I have an excuse to download the new one.  However, I'm not so happy with peat, frankly.  Its constantly ruining my farm setups underground.  Now I'm using a 9x9, and I rather stay that way, are there any plans to adjust how peat spawns during worldgen?
Well, it simply spawns... I will try to make it more rare, sure. Also Compact Peat spawns only in blanket mire, raised mire, black bog and swamp peat, so if you want to play without it, just embark on a location with a different soil (there're TONS of other soil types and I plan to add more).

All plant_botany_cave drinks are EDIBLE_RAW only, with the one exception of black grog, which is also EDIBLE_COOKED. I think it's an unintended glitch ;)
Black grog should be edible_raw only too, I think I missed that one. I am basically against booze-cooking, especially because it's bugged. There's a thousand of ways to get the food through other means.

P.S. I forgot to say that you can use cage traps to catch gelatinous cubes, I left it intentionally because it's a pretty strong critter and someone may want to have all of his dwarves alive.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

afoninv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: June 11, 2010, 04:29:44 pm »

I am basically against booze-cooking
Never understood booze cooking myself...

Also Compact Peat spawns only in blanket mire, raised mire, black bog and swamp peat
Actually, right now I am playing on a location with yellow sand soil. No other soils, just yellow sand. And peat is there, waiting to be burnt into coke.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 04:32:50 pm by afoninv »
-
V.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: June 11, 2010, 05:14:36 pm »

That's totally weird, because it is specified in the raws where can it appear. It may even be a bug :). I will look into it.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Nether

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: June 11, 2010, 05:42:58 pm »

Black grog should be edible_raw only too, I think I missed that one. I am basically against booze-cooking, especially because it's bugged. There's a thousand of ways to get the food through other means.

P.S. I forgot to say that you can use cage traps to catch gelatinous cubes, I left it intentionally because it's a pretty strong critter and someone may want to have all of his dwarves alive.
Why does it seem weird to me that you can use a cage to trap a moving jelly?
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 642