Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1230584 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Screw the sleep :D.

Okay, sorry for the troubles. 2.3 fix is up. I was just really tired and busy at the same time, thus the bugs slipped through.

- 2.3: fixed missing ironworks buildings; fixed stone/metal template value causing weird stuff like unavaliability of certain items; fixed ilmenite and goethite values; cave turtoises are breedable.
Also thank you very much for finding all these bugs, especially to Z1000000m.
Now you can have bronze, wrought iron or copper picks, as well as other stuff. Stone sharpness is fixed so it's ok now too. I've increased ilmenite value and decreased goethite value a bit.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

afoninv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 2.3 ϟ] - Material fix
« Reply #1411 on: June 08, 2010, 03:14:30 pm »

Just AS SOON as I've downloaded Genesis 2.2... 2.3 is up. First download is mine =)
And thanks for your great work! I like it how you make even the buggiest vanilla releases playable.
-
V.

Z1000000m

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: June 08, 2010, 03:15:03 pm »

You might want to tweak the god brains
I assume the force fields are there to make tentacle hits less probable, but are they suposed to be indestructible? An adamantine axe can only dent it. Nothing i tried worked. Maybe make them drop after taking enough damage?
Steel skeleton dwarfs, balors, hordes of diffrent monsters, nothing can beat them. (Please dont tell me those things will siege, it would be worse than a BC attack :s)
Also you might want (assuming its possible) to change the balors shadows. They drop and lay around, being trash. Is it possible to make them vanish, while generating gas called "darkness" or something? Its not a big issue really, but shadows laying around makes next to no sense ;)

Edit: I tried giving adam set to dwarf, it shows up as "large adamantine stuff", is it normal for arena?

anyway, hurray for the fast fix
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 03:18:09 pm by Z1000000m »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: June 08, 2010, 03:23:49 pm »

I will look into balor shadows, it seemed funny to me too but I didn't have time to change it.

I tested most illithids but didn't try elder brains. Doh. Thanks for 26 castes, D_E :P. I will definitely make the stuff weaker.

Large stuff is not normal. I just tried it and it's not large for me. Are you doing it under some specific conditions?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Z1000000m

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: June 08, 2010, 04:41:44 pm »

any creature i choose and then give it armor seems to trigger the "large"
they still use it , so its not really a problem

also, i finally found a creature capable of taking down a gel cube. It seems like it can only be killed by colliding with an obstacle. Bronze collosi get the job done.

(too bad 9 of 10 got killed after getting pushed in the soulgem. Lol.)

edit2: Bronze co26l charges at the gel cube15
gelcube15 looks suprised by the ferocity bronzecol26 onslaugh!

i effin died after reading this... :D
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 04:55:08 pm by Z1000000m »

D_E

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: June 08, 2010, 06:04:30 pm »

As long as the POP_RATIO stuff is working properly, the odds of a god-brain being generated are one in several thousand per illithid you encounter.  Assuming you see several hundred illithids per game, you might encounter one god-brain per ~10 games.  At that level of rarity, I felt that their level of overpowered-ness is appropriate.

Should you end up fighting one, you can still do it in by encasing it in hardening magma* or collapsing part of your fortress on top of it.  Drastic, I know, but I think appropriate.

I'll look in to fixing the balor shadows.

*You HAVE been funding Project: *BEEP* the World, right?

You might want to tweak the god brains
I assume the force fields are there to make tentacle hits less probable, but are they suposed to be indestructible? An adamantine axe can only dent it. Nothing i tried worked. Maybe make them drop after taking enough damage?
Steel skeleton dwarfs, balors, hordes of diffrent monsters, nothing can beat them. (Please dont tell me those things will siege, it would be worse than a BC attack :s)
Also you might want (assuming its possible) to change the balors shadows. They drop and lay around, being trash. Is it possible to make them vanish, while generating gas called "darkness" or something? Its not a big issue really, but shadows laying around makes next to no sense ;)

Edit: I tried giving adam set to dwarf, it shows up as "large adamantine stuff", is it normal for arena?

anyway, hurray for the fast fix
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 06:17:03 pm by D_E »
Mods I've done:
Zelda mod-mod, Beta in the Wild DF 47.04
Illithid Empire mod DF 31.25 (update canceled)
Spotter's Guide to Illithids (Genesis mod-mod) genesis 3.19a4 (update canceled)

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: June 08, 2010, 07:48:06 pm »

I have just got a question,Should i download 2.3?i have a really good world with an illithid city somewhere so i can play as god brain ganglions.the only problem about god brain ganglions is they are so tough it takes out all challenge but some things still can dent their force fields.[megabeasts]

JusticeRings

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: June 08, 2010, 08:31:50 pm »

I dunno, it gets a little annoying if a purely military fortress stands no chance whatsoever, no matter how rare the occurrence. at least for me.

D_E

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: June 08, 2010, 10:51:28 pm »

At least in this version, none of the illithids have Building_Destroyer tags.  So there is also the less dramatic option of baring all the doors and waiting for it to wander off.  Actually I think I forgot the [TRAPAVOID] tag, so you can just shove it in a cage and forget about it.  That's definitely not intentional, though.

it gets a little annoying if a purely military fortress stands no chance whatsoever

I guess I don't know what you mean by a purely military fortress.  A collapsing ceiling trap is pretty easy to set up, you don't actually need a Boatmurdered style doomsday trap (the Boatmurdered trap wouldn't kill it, anyway).  It's slow, so in an emergency you could probably distract it while you walled up any exposed entrances.

Ballistas might also be able to kill it.  I'm not sure how that damage calculation is handled.

Still, I'll change it so that a properly set up military fortress will be able to kill it (or at least drive it off.  Not sure how the AI is set up).  It will be that way in the next version that I put up.  That said, meleeing it will still be suicidal.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 11:08:10 pm by D_E »
Mods I've done:

JusticeRings

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: June 08, 2010, 11:00:17 pm »

Eh, I will just edit it out I guess. Whats the fastest way?

D_E

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: June 08, 2010, 11:08:56 pm »

One moment, please ...
Mods I've done:

JusticeRings

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: June 08, 2010, 11:21:51 pm »

Oh and to clarify what I mean by a purely military fortress. I mean no traps or roof falls or anything, been something I have been trying more and more. Got sick of the invincible trap set ups of doom, and find it more fun to train troops.

D_E

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: June 08, 2010, 11:25:08 pm »

Go to this page: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=2467, download the creature file found there and put it in your raw folder, overwriting the previous version of the file.  This file removes the god-brain completely and slightly tones down the void-master mindflayer (no dragonbreath, several breath attacks switched from wide-angle to directed, some syndrom onsets delayed slightly).
Mods I've done:

Nat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: June 08, 2010, 11:26:23 pm »

I just started playing this mod, after spending 3 hours reading the whole thread and learning about the hilarious diseases.

Anyway, I'm adventuring as a steel axedwarf, and I picked up a nord axeman and a nord hammerman and went around the place killing dragons and hydras and such for the dwarf king. I don't know if it was a lost adventurer or one of the mummies by a red dragon cave that breathed flies everywhere but the hammerman's neck, brain, upper and lower spine all rotted and he started vomiting everywhere which was fairly entertaining.

Eventually the dwarf king sent me to a dark fortress he's at war with to go kill a high priest, so I went to do that. Turns out that the fortress is populated by dwarves, I'm guessing because of overzealous goblin babysnatching.

Anyway, the priest got the axe and I freed about 10 prisoners and went home. On the way I was attacked by gargoyles (And there's a LOT of gargoyles in the dwarven kingdom) and I suddenly realised that freeing those prisoners might have been a mistake, because of the obsidian dwarf child and the 2 aspid dwarf children breathing fire and aspid stuff everywhere.

The aftermath wasn't as bad as I thought, but the two nord warriors became paralysed and suffocated. I'm not sure if that was because of aspid breath or the diseases they had picked up earlier. So I went and looted their stuff and started getting You are melting! messages. Turns out a stray fireball managed to set fire to my upper body fat. I managed to survive that burning away (bled a lot though) and now my upper body fat is gone. :(

In summary, I have to say I love this mod, even though I haven't even seen a fraction of what's in it yet.

JusticeRings

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: June 08, 2010, 11:36:25 pm »

Thanks D_E I appreciate it.
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 642