Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1230894 times)

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 1.8 ϟ] - Altars and Raptors
« Reply #1230 on: May 29, 2010, 10:56:21 am »

Any chance of a raw-only download? My internet is acting up and I can't handle such a large file due to timeouts.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Grax

• Bay Watcher
  • The Only.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: May 29, 2010, 11:07:07 am »

Any chance of a raw-only download? My internet is acting up and I can't handle such a large file due to timeouts.

Here's the objects folder only - click any link:

http://www.enterupload.com/okykau37mcwj/genes18_raw.rar.html
http://www.sendspace.com/file/zq0xs2
http://www.gigasize.com/get.php?d=lqhv2xtobpc
Finis sanctificat media.

LordShotGun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: May 29, 2010, 02:45:03 pm »

LordShotGun: Shaostoul didn't make this guide for nothing, and I just updated the modding guides section of the wiki today so a link to the guide appears.

And a mod thread is not necessarily a place to ask all of your questions, only if they're related to the topic of the thread. Hence Modders' Workshop, Shaostoul's Modding Guide, and Deon's old modding experience thread (that died unfortunately).

Sigh...I now understand that I did not make my abilities know. I do not explore this forum extensively and I don't know all the compilations of items. I generally stay on the dwarf wiki and was directed here by the modding page. Since I had a question on modding this thread's own mod project I don't see why I wouldnt post here.
Thank you, that it all I wanted to know. Now was that so hard? Sigh...I apologise for my previous posting that may have offended anyone but can you see how this could be at least slightly frustrating? This is not the first time I asked for help and I just got the same answer 3 times.
That's because if you are on a modding forum, it's assumed that you know the basic mechanism of modding.

The condescension is not appreciated.
The condescension is not appreciated.  :D

But yeah sorry for the "was that so hard" I was kinda frustrated since I DID post in other forum threads to get help with no success and only came here after I was either ignored or recived the same answer as I got here (I must have gotten the same answer about 5 times over the course of this whole episode)

Lastly at Deon, you did not offend me, if anything it was my fault for not clearifying how much I needed to know and my lack of experience in modding.
Must... eat... demon raaaaaaat! ARGLEBARGLEBARGLEBARGLE *CRASH* OMNOMNOMNOMNOM.

Tastes like... SAAAATAAAAAAAN!

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: May 29, 2010, 03:25:34 pm »

I don't blame you for not finding the guide in the wiki under modding guides. As I said, I updated it recently so a link is available. For clarification, Genesis mod questions go in this thread, and general modding question can be asked in a thread you make yourself or the threads I mentioned before. I will help when I can, as the forum notifies me of any posts in all of those topics. If no one is answering at all, just PM me and I'll give your question a go. I don't consider myself great at modding the new version, but I know how to mod most everything that doesn't involve the body tissues and such.

BTW Deon, the new update is great. Though I hate your Gargoyles, evil little things.
Magma cancels flow; interrupted by Ironblood.

JusticeRings

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: May 29, 2010, 04:01:18 pm »

I ended up on a map with nothing but 3 top layers of clay then solid magnetite with small pockets of rock salt all the way to the clown car. This a quirk of Genesis or DF itself?

Zargen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: May 29, 2010, 09:11:56 pm »

I dont know about you but that sounds awesome to me  ;)

Another thought. Nagas have four arms. Do they ever come at you with four weapons or do they stick with the one weapon - 3 shields scenario the whole time.

JusticeRings

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: May 29, 2010, 09:26:56 pm »

would be totally awesome if there was any flux. No flux in sight. So I am stuck with all Iron. have the dwarves trading me steel bars, but very very slowly.

Zargen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: May 29, 2010, 09:29:26 pm »

Iron ore walls. Iron ore buildings. iron ore roads. lol

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: May 30, 2010, 08:41:04 am »

Ugh, are you sure you have no errors in errorlog.txt? I've never seen SOLID magnetite layers :P.
However I had huge areas of magnetite too, once my fort was fully built in a magnetite environment.

Another thought. Nagas have four arms. Do they ever come at you with four weapons or do they stick with the one weapon - 3 shields scenario the whole time.
AFAIK they can get only one weapon when their profession is generated. Other hands are usually filled with shields :P.

It would be awesome to have enemies with 4 weapons, and it would be even more awesome if they could use them at once.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Brian7772

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: May 30, 2010, 01:54:23 pm »

That's a quirk in DF. I've had entire layers of Mag before. I think in worldgen it just designates a HUGE deposit and you happened to put your fort on top of one.
"Pff...real Dwarves just estimate it, start digging, and make corrections after the cave-in." - Wild Goose

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: May 30, 2010, 06:24:41 pm »

Here's the objects folder only - click any link:

http://www.enterupload.com/okykau37mcwj/genes18_raw.rar.html
http://www.sendspace.com/file/zq0xs2
http://www.gigasize.com/get.php?d=lqhv2xtobpc
Thank you. That should do nicely.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

coinich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: May 31, 2010, 05:15:08 am »

It says up top that archery is fixed, but does that mean the ineffectiveness of archery or the ability of dwarves to use it correctly?

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: May 31, 2010, 08:44:11 am »

The ineffectiveness of archery was the one fixed.
Magma cancels flow; interrupted by Ironblood.

JusticeRings

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: May 31, 2010, 01:53:57 pm »

Only errors I have is repeated attempts by a vulture and a leech to clean themselves. So no errorlog that looks anything like it would effect magnetite.

Praetyre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: May 31, 2010, 10:56:15 pm »

Is the graphical 1.8 compatible with Dwarf Therapist? Loading it up with a new fort gives me this:
Unable to talk to Dwarf Fortress: Dwarf Fortress has either stopped
running, or your unloaded your game. Please re-connect when a fort is
loaded
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 642