Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1231087 times)

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
  • A Dwarven Demon, yeah, he is pissed.
    • View Profile

Such a lovely mod.
  Okay, I got a few questions. When you start the copy of DF that is already in the download, is it windowed or full screened? And also, I keep changing the windowed settings, but it always ends up kinda short vertically and way to long horizontally. Help?
On the wiki, there is a calculator that will help you determine what you should set it at in the 'INIT' file.
huh. took a bunch of sleeping pills and slept in a pharmacist, wake up, i am now albino. 
Story of my life.

Ivar360

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Such a lovely mod.
  Okay, I got a few questions. When you start the copy of DF that is already in the download, is it windowed or full screened? And also, I keep changing the windowed settings, but it always ends up kinda short vertically and way to long horizontally. Help?
On the wiki, there is a calculator that will help you determine what you should set it at in the 'INIT' file.

2 of 'em even :)
http://www.vaevictus.net/dfcalc.html

http://pkf.olivepeak.com/dwarfcalc.html

dudemauler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I really like this mod, but I want just the custom workshops. Could you give me a replacement for one of the raws so I can use your awsome custom workshops?
I love this. In three pages we've gone from being willing to eat intelligent beings, to trying to make them *more* intelligent, so it will be more fun to eat them.
Urist McSharpblade, Axe Sheriff cancels Justice: Needs more than an axe for this.

Peasant

• Bay Watcher
  • MANY WHELPS NOW HANDLE IT
    • View Profile

I was playing a nord adventurer and got a quest by the thane and queen to slay a frost wyrm. Remembering how easy it was to kill a dragon and hydra in regular dwarf fortress, i thought this was going to be easy. I was wrong, oh so wrong.

Not long before the frost wyrm appeared, it bit and clawed my axeman to pieces. I heroically leaped towards it, wounded it but got stuck in it's frozen breath. Did i mention that i lost my sight and got sensory and motor nerve damage during the battle? I started crawling home, but i was completely frost bitten. I would have made it safely back home if those pesky giant ants wouldn't have ambushed me. I barely even hit those ants since my eyes were clawed out. I was frozen solid while running away from the ants.

Also: How are you supposed to kill a balor? Just throw/shoot at it? Can you block the fire breath? Last time i faced the balor, he promptly melted my adventurer to death.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2010, 04:22:59 am by Peasant »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Balors have common dragonbreath. With enough shield skill you can block it with ease.

Frost wyrms though breathe cold which changes the temperature, so you cannot block it. You have to sneak to it and shoot it, that's how I killed them. They may be too deadly for a fortress though, so pitfalls is the best option.

I really like this mod, but I want just the custom workshops. Could you give me a replacement for one of the raws so I can use your awsome custom workshops?

Grab all building_***.txt and reaction_***.txt files, then seek the one you want and add them in your entity_default.txt to dwarves this way:

[PERMITTED_BUILDING:THEATRE]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:TRAIN_AXE]

Et cetera.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Finished with the deep one. Have a look, tell me what you think.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I'm taking it. The only problem here is that depth 4:6 won't work. You get maximum 3 layers of caverns.

And why did you use "FEATURE_ATTACK_GROUP"?

What the hell is "COLOR:6:0:6"?

Etc. :P Some proofreading would be nice, but I am still glad that you want to help.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2010, 06:36:42 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile

Deon, did I remind you that you are awesome?
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile

Finished with the deep one. Have a look, tell me what you think.

I'm taking it. The only problem here is that depth 4:6 won't work. You get maximum 3 layers of caverns.

And why did you use "FEATURE_ATTACK_GROUP"?

What the hell is "COLOR:6:0:6"?

Etc. :P Some proofreading would be nice, but I am still glad that you want to help.
Feature_attack_group is for subterranean humanoids. It seems to make them work together to accomplish objectives.
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Not really, I think it relates to camps. It's an old token from 2d which appeared back.

Anyway, I am a bit tired now but I have a new version ready. I will upload it soon.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Zargen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Dont know how colors work for ASCII graphic tiles so honestly just threw two numbers on and hoped for the best  :P

feature_Attack_Group is related to animal men found underground. Since I figured deep ones would show up pretty far in the subterranean area I added it in there, figured it wouldn't hurt >.o

And I thought editing the world generator to make the underworld bigger lead to more layers? Or does it just make the 3 layers more expansive :p

Edit - Went and checked the wiki on FEATURE_ATTACK_GROUP. It used to be very important in the 2D version of DF. Then became useless in 40D. And is somehow important again on animalmen in DF2010, not sure how though.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2010, 04:58:30 pm by Zargen »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

There're only three cavern layers, but there may be multiple caverns in a single layer.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

dudemauler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I got a coupla questions. what does the gateball field train, where do you get the "human fortress" tabletop game for the gaming table, what does the gaming table train, and how do you sort out the different castes?
I love this. In three pages we've gone from being willing to eat intelligent beings, to trying to make them *more* intelligent, so it will be more fun to eat them.
Urist McSharpblade, Axe Sheriff cancels Justice: Needs more than an axe for this.

Zargen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Deep Ones theoretically would only show up on the cavern layer that has water in it. Is it random or fixed for where the underground rivers show up?

Zargen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Edit - Just noticed I had already put SUBTERRANEAN_WATER for their biome anyways. so it wouldn't matter where they pop up as long as it has water >.o edited to show up in 1:3.
Changed color to 6:0:0 and the letter they show up as to "d"...for deep one :P What is the color code for a light blueish color?
Edit Edit - And one last thing, tested in the arena and for the most part they just prefer to strangle and wrestle things to death. Is there a way to assign priority to attacks like claws and bites>wrestling?

« Last Edit: May 23, 2010, 08:32:25 pm by Zargen »

Zargen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I tried making the deep one favor mauling you with its claws over trying to strangle. but no such luck. It still wont claw you - just grab hold on occasion and attempt at breaking bones(which its really good at). Though I did switch it's bite attack over to it's main (I just tore off a stone dwarve's hand with a bite). If someone can help me figure out how to set it to use it's scratch attack instead of trying to grab I'd appreciate it. In other news, few minor tweaks. Aside from the problem with it trying to manhandle dwarves instead of giving them a savage mauling - it's a reasonably dangerous foe. It can certainly kill your civilian dwarves quickly if they're not careful. But shouldn't be too big of a problem against a well-organized military. or a good trap. Latest edition is below.

Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 642