Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [0.31.01] Blood is an item in adventure mode  (Read 1478 times)

Chronas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[0.31.01] Blood is an item in adventure mode
« on: April 04, 2010, 11:29:01 pm »

I killed a wolf, to my surprise i was able to pick up its blood and put it in my backpack -in unlimited supply, i had 50 'wolf blood' in my backpack, I could throw it, causing impact damage and leaving a couple tiles of splatter of blood on the ground -the puddle in center of which could be picked up again. I also found that i could drink this blood, and attempting to 'd'rop one blob of it from your backpack caused the pack's contents to empty on the floor, the food and loot dropped could be picked up again but every last drop of blood turned into a static smear on the floor. This blood can also be bartered with...
Dragon blood sells for 15 dwarfbux a drop.
He he he.  Yeah, it almost looks done...  alas...  those who are in your teens, hold on until your twenties...  those in your twenties, your thirties...  others, cling to life as you are able...
It should be pretty fun though.

DamnedChoir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.31.01] Blood is an item in adventure mode
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2010, 06:54:25 pm »

I slew a dragon and was very surprised to find the same thing. (That and that Dragons really suck now.) I filled my backpack with about 2 pages of dragon blood and gluttoned myself up on 2-3 servings too, to quench my thirst for delicious, tasty dragon blood. That stuff is like gold, and it multiplies! :P

What's the best thing to throw at an approaching adversary, besides? DRAGON BLOOD!
The theory of evolution by cumulative natural selection is the only theory we know of that is in principle capable of explaining the existence of organized complexity

Firehound

• Bay Watcher
  • !!human!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 06:03:20 am »

Methinks I will see if I can mod Dragon's blood into a deadly contact poison... should fix those who want to melee it....

Also.... was firebreath always that slow you could just walk out of it's way?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2010, 09:59:23 am »

Nah,  Adventurers are just superhumanly fast in 0.31. Even back in 0.28, a Perfectly Agile human was capable of dodging dragon fire at sufficient range.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.