Please do!
- 49 (92.5%)
No need to.
- 1 (1.9%)
Please do! (I have a request)
- 3 (5.7%)

Total Members Voted: 53

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: Use other guide please.  (Read 7593 times)

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
Re: --GUIDE-- Shaostoul's Editing Guide v0.04 --New Poll--
« Reply #60 on: April 07, 2010, 03:21:08 pm »

@Kaelen Gaen

I tested... a lot... I more or less went through 100+ ish skill tags to make sure I got all of the ones I have now. Even now I think I may be missing some.

The writer/scribe skill... I haven't the slightest clue. The dwarf increased in the skill but I'm not to sure what it'd be used for. Possibly record keeping?

@Zantan

I'm not sure how water and magma are handled as items. I'll give it a look to see if I can make water at least. But on the side of magma, you'd have to make sure the workshop and your dwarf are immune to magma... and any surrounding materials... Just to be safe y'know?

@Mephansteras

What exactly is it you're referring to? Like making a custom reaction of "something" and if that's allowed will the dwarf moutainhomes have it for trade? I couldn't tell ya off hand. I'd have to get out of the quick testing stages of reactions and mats at the moment.

@Upright Path

I do indeed have an almost working reaction to get sun berry brew or w/e it is called into a barrel. It needs a little bit more tweaking and I could essentially release it. I really don't want to release non-working information.

@All

I'm going to wait for any posts on a subject before I start working, so I have a base line to start.
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 07, 2010, 04:05:06 pm »

@Mephansteras

What exactly is it you're referring to? Like making a custom reaction of "something" and if that's allowed will the dwarf moutainhomes have it for trade? I couldn't tell ya off hand. I'd have to get out of the quick testing stages of reactions and mats at the moment.

Yeah, pretty much. Mostly just trying to see if I could allow certain races to use particular metals (like mithril) without allowing EVERYONE to use it, or if I can have traders show up with new alchemical items (like barrels of Quicksilver).
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Zantan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 07, 2010, 05:55:13 pm »

@Zantan

I'm not sure how water and magma are handled as items. I'll give it a look to see if I can make water at least. But on the side of magma, you'd have to make sure the workshop and your dwarf are immune to magma... and any surrounding materials... Just to be safe y'know?

Unless I'm thinking about a magma powered workshop that deals with unstable reactions...1/1000 chance per reaction to produce a massive explosion of magma.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #63 on: April 07, 2010, 06:34:17 pm »

@Zantan Well, I don't believe it'd create a 1/7 tile of water. More like a "barrel full" which would translate to a "pool". I'll have to play around with it eventually. Been busy today away from the house and all.

@Mephansteras I believe that may be an entity default thing. You might want to give that a look. I've been trying to solve problems just at the beginning of the fort. "Day 1" more or less. I haven't gone any where far as a trade caravan. When I get out of the making working reactions stage, I'll start looking at more advanced and long term stuff.
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 07, 2010, 06:36:12 pm »

@Zantan Well, I don't believe it'd create a 1/7 tile of water. More like a "barrel full" which would translate to a "pool". I'll have to play around with it eventually. Been busy today away from the house and all.

@Mephansteras I believe that may be an entity default thing. You might want to give that a look. I've been trying to solve problems just at the beginning of the fort. "Day 1" more or less. I haven't gone any where far as a trade caravan. When I get out of the making working reactions stage, I'll start looking at more advanced and long term stuff.

Yeah, I just haven't gotten to that stage with my modding yet. I was just curious if anyone had already tried it. If not, well, I'll find out when I get to adding custom reactions in.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 07, 2010, 06:54:32 pm »

Yes, this stuff probably belongs on the wiki. You don't need an account, but it's real easy to make one and you won't have to do captchas.
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #66 on: April 07, 2010, 08:04:01 pm »

I'll look at adding it to the wiki when i feel it's more complete.

A sticky for now would probably serve the purpose better for now.

Seems a lot of reaction/modding threads asking for help go up.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #67 on: April 07, 2010, 08:17:37 pm »

Alright so what is needed to be worked on? I'm going to avoid water and lava at the moment.

--Edit--

I'm trying to figure out if I can make lava/water at the moment. However I don't think it's going to happen.

If you have something you'd like to see first, post now.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 08:55:56 pm by Shaostoul »

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #68 on: April 07, 2010, 09:27:15 pm »

Well I got water to be made, but it was as I suspected, it acted like a drink and wouldn't fill any 1/7 tile of water at all.

I started playing with the creature from the workshop again...

I managed to get tame dragon (seems to act like a vermin but you can cage it after it's out.)

and... "dragon" where it says "this is a dragon"

doing a little more extra testing

Zwaryczuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 07, 2010, 10:26:52 pm »

Alright, so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I cannot seem to find the building anywhere in my construction options.
What I'm trying to accomplish is to make a custom workshop that is able to produce obsidian stone. (Ideally I would like it to use sand as a reagent, but for now just making it out of thin air would satisfy me)

Here's what I have added to the following files:

building_custom

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

reaction_other

and entity_default
 under
[ENTITY:MOUNTAIN]

I've made sure these files are the same in both the game RAW and the Save file RAW.

If someone could assist I would be much appreciative. Also if someone knows how to make sand be used as a reagent and to produce an item along with an empty bag I would be extra happy. Thanks.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #70 on: April 07, 2010, 11:55:56 pm »

Alrighty, I just tested it and it works perfectly fine for me.

Copy and pasted your info straight from the site.

So that leads me to one conclusion.

You didn't regen your world. If you genned a world WITH the reaction and the building NOT made, you'll have to DELETE that save and gen a new world. If you genned a new world and HAD the reaction and building made, but they didn't work the first time, you probably didn't update BOTH the save/region1/raw/objects folder AND the normal /raw/objects folder.

So I say just to be safe. Delete your current safe and gen a new world.

I'll have that bag thing figured out in a few minutes.

--EDIT--

Ignore that edit... Masonry is bringing up an error in the log.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 11:58:17 pm by Shaostoul »

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #71 on: April 08, 2010, 12:12:55 am »

Hmmm, I'm having a problem with getting the original bag to show up, has anyone done work with the "Get material from reagent"?

--EDIT--

This is the reaction I have the uses a bag...

Code: [Select]
[REACTION:MAKE_OBSIDIAN]
[NAME:make obsidian]
[BUILDING:LABORATORY:CUSTOM_Z]
[REAGENT:A:1:BOX:NONE:SAND:NONE][BAG]
[PRODUCT:100:1:STONE:NO_SUBTYPE:STONE:OBSIDIAN]
[PRODUCT:100:1:BOX:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:NONE]
[SKILL:MASONRY]

However... it seems to use the bag instead of the sand to create the stone. I get the bag back, but it's empty, if I add another job on top of that it uses the bag, even though the sand is not in it.

I'm going to try something else... But if someone could lend me a hand, I'd appreciate it.

I've tried SAND in different places, just for the same effect.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 12:41:11 am by Shaostoul »

Upright Path

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 08, 2010, 01:28:02 am »

[REAGENT:A:1:BOX:NONE:SAND:NONE][BAG][PRESERVE_REAGENT]

Try that?

Upright Path

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 08, 2010, 02:20:07 am »

[REACTION:MAKE_PIG_TAIL_BAG]
[NAME:Make pig tail bag]
[BUILDING:TEST:NONE]
[PRODUCT:100:1:BOX:BAG:PLANT_MAT:GRASS_TAIL_PIG:THREAD]

[REACTION:CREATE_IRON_BAR]
[NAME:Make sand]
[BUILDING:TEST:NONE]
[REAGENT:A:1:BOX:NONE:NONE:NONE][BAG][PRESERVE_REAGENT][EMPTY]
[PRODUCT:100:1:POWDER_MISC:NONE:INORGANIC:SAND_BLACK][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150][PRODUCT_TO_CONTAINER:A]

The first one results in a Pig Tail fiber bag. The second results in black sand bag <Pig tail fiber>.

I don't believe you can actually use Sand in a reaction right now, or more sorts of POWDER_MISC, unless I'm just missing someone.

Zwaryczuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 08, 2010, 07:16:39 am »

[REAGENT:A:1:BOX:NONE:SAND:NONE][BAG][PRESERVE_REAGENT]

Try that?

Thanks a bunch everyone for working on this!
Just a though about this one, wouldn't the product need to have an empty bag that was preserved in the initial stages of the reaction? If only we could see how glass was made!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8