Please do!
- 49 (92.5%)
No need to.
- 1 (1.9%)
Please do! (I have a request)
- 3 (5.7%)

Total Members Voted: 53

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: Use other guide please.  (Read 7587 times)

Cal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's create a custom reaction and building!!! --GUIDE-- --POLLADDED--
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2010, 11:17:33 pm »

I was wondering about reactions with animals as well. I haven't dug deep enough into the custom workshops but does it stand to reason we could either add a reaction to the farmer's workshop to get eggs from chickens, modify it so chickens produce eggs via milking or at the least, make a 'henhouse' workshop with a custom reaction to get eggs?
Urist McMother has given birth to hectoplets.
Urist McMother has bled to death.

NRN_R_Sumo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2010, 11:26:55 pm »

Creatures are not items, and hence can't be produced via reactions.
Hello, I'm from a week in the future where a week ago a huge update to DF happened.
Might wanna check those devlogs sillycakes.
A dwarf is nothing but an alcohol powered beard.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2010, 11:30:46 pm »

Turn for the worst, I can't make the adamantine dog any more... guess that's what happens when you don't log progress/failures.
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

Warlord255

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Building Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2010, 11:33:58 pm »

Turn for the worst, I can't make the adamantine dog any more... guess that's what happens when you don't log progress/failures.

Was said dog moving and alive? Tell us more. If this fluke is possible, it may be reproduced with enough experimentation.
DF Vanilla-Spice Revised: Better balance, more !!fun!!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=173907.msg7968772#msg7968772

LeadfootSlim on Steam, LeadfootSlim#1851 on Discord. Hit me up!

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2010, 11:35:09 pm »

It was a poor lifeless being. However it did have the dog tile, it's "name" was dog. It's description was "This is a dog"

-additional note-

it went to a refuse pile.
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2010, 11:38:02 pm »

Creatures are not items, and hence can't be produced via reactions.
Hello, I'm from a week in the future where a week ago a huge update to DF happened.
Might wanna check those devlogs sillycakes.

If you can possibly quote or link to the part of the devlog that states that living creatures are now reaction-produceable I would be very grateful.  As it stands I'm almost certain that living creatures are still outside the bounds of workshop production.
Also known as Zuhayr.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2010, 11:40:40 pm »

I know it's a step away from reactions... but has anyone been extensively been playing with extracts?

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2010, 11:42:38 pm »

I've been having some fun with them - sadly it appears that it's still not possible to produce flows at the smelter, meaning that you can't produce a liquid without it turning into 'molten slag [1]' or 'acid blood [1]' and not actually contaminating anything.
Also known as Zuhayr.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2010, 11:49:06 pm »

Hmmm, I'm hitting a wall here, I can't seem to reproduce the "adamantine dog"

I'm going to continue trying, but for the sake of keeping things easy...

Creating a creature in the workshop would be nice, but what exactly is the intended purpose? If it's for food, I've got that reaction down and I know it works. I had been feeding my dwarfs dragon meat.

If it's for bone, I've seen some reactions flying around of bone items. I may have one somewhere in my archive, but I'd have to look.

If it's for place-able "animal turrets" that's an easy one, but you'd have to wait for more of them to be born (you can see where I go with that one.)

ShadowLuigi147

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McPicard has entered a martial trance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2010, 11:58:23 pm »

What would the product be for some rope reed plants? Not thread or anything, just the plant.

Ah, Dwarf Fortress. The only game where it's considered perfectly normal to discuss the most efficient method of farming and butchering friendly sentient beings for their valuable bones...

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2010, 12:09:16 am »

This is the one that I got to produce "Rope Reed"

However I just tried to make something out of cloth and I got text saying... needs 10000 cloth...

--EDIT--

It'd help if I included the reaction, I just tested it and I guess it just says that when you don't have any available cloth to make stuff. Remember you make the rope reed plant at the workshop, you then process it at the farmers workshop then you turn it into a cloth at the loom and then you can make it into an item.

[PRODUCT:100:1:PLANT:NO_SUBTYPE:PLANT_MAT:REED_ROPE:PLANT]
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 12:16:46 am by Shaostoul »

Upright Path

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 07, 2010, 12:19:38 am »

I've been having some fun with them - sadly it appears that it's still not possible to produce flows at the smelter, meaning that you can't produce a liquid without it turning into 'molten slag [1]' or 'acid blood [1]' and not actually contaminating anything.

Have you tried....

[REAGENT:X:FLASK:NONE:NONE:NONE][EMPTY][PRESERVE_REAGENT]
[RPODUCT: ... ][PRODUCT_TO_CONTAINER:X]?
This is the one that I got to produce "Rope Reed"

However I just tried to make something out of cloth and I got text saying... needs 10000 cloth...

--EDIT--

It'd help if I included the reaction, I just tested it and I guess it just says that when you don't have any available cloth to make stuff. Remember you make the rope reed plant at the workshop, you then process it at the farmers workshop then you turn it into a cloth at the loom and then you can make it into an item.

[PRODUCT:100:1:PLANT:NO_SUBTYPE:PLANT_MAT:REED_ROPE:PLANT]

For that one, you have to have [PRODUCT_DIMENSIONS:10000]. For Bars, Thread, and Cloth, there is an expected 'dimension' of a reaction, which is 150, 15000, 10000 respectively. So when you try to make a... Wait, what were you trying to do there?

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
Re: --GUIDE-- Shaostoul's Editing Guide v0.02 --New Poll--
« Reply #42 on: April 07, 2010, 01:00:54 am »

Guide has been updated with new information! See bottom of first post.

Taking any suggestions for extending the guide.

If all I get is "yes" without the request, I'll be doing stone and gems next.

Milaha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 07, 2010, 01:38:41 am »

What would the possibilities be of creating a no-mat, no-product reaction to train skills.  Would it be possible to make a very fast reaction to train it very quickly?  Could military skills be trained in this way despite not having labor assignments?

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #44 on: April 07, 2010, 01:44:30 am »

Well a no product reaction is entirely possible. You just remove it. I'll test it right now to see how quickly it'd train skills.

I would suppose by changing the "skill" tag to the proper one you could train just about anything!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8