Please do!
- 49 (92.5%)
No need to.
- 1 (1.9%)
Please do! (I have a request)
- 3 (5.7%)

Total Members Voted: 53

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: Use other guide please.  (Read 7583 times)

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
Re: Let's create a custom reaction and building!!! --GUIDE--
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2010, 03:30:20 pm »

I'll give this stuff a shot later. If I get a full list of what is wanted to be tried and worked on, I'll just try to hammer out that list.

Name of what it is you want.
What is the proposed purpose.
What all you want included in the custom dealio.

for example

blood blocks
to make buildable blocks of blood (act like normal stone blocks)
custom reaction, custom workshop, custom profession.
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

Zantan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2010, 09:51:42 pm »

Here are some workshops that I've been thinking about recently, but I'm not sure whether they are possible.   Any thoughts?

Altar to Armok
Sacrifice slain enemies in the hope of being rewarded
goblin corpse --> blood and a 1/1000 chance to produce something special, like an adamantine short sword.

Stone Manager
A cheap method to store lots of stone
Reaction 1: 100 stones of same type--> special block
Reaction 2: reverses reaction 1 to retrieve the stones

Clothing recycling:
One piece of narrow/large clothing --> one bolt of cloth

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2010, 10:09:33 pm »

I believe the altar would be entirely possible. I do not however know how creatures are handled in reactions yet.

The stonemanager is super easy, I could get that reaction out real quick most likely. Depends exactly how you want it to work tho... Most likely you'll only get for example granite in return for an any "storing stone"

100 stone of anything = 1 special block = 100 stone of granite... make sense?

The clothing... i have no idea. Pre2010 it was the worst thing to deal with, idno if it's been improved at all.
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

Kaelem Gaen

• Bay Watcher
  • And then it appeared the most terrifying creature
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2010, 11:16:55 pm »

Any general tips for making reactions to produce a weapon?  trying to figure out how to make slings (the weapon) available to be made.

Zaratustra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://zarat.us/
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2010, 11:32:16 pm »

Bone blocks!

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2010, 11:39:28 pm »

Weapons are....

[REACTION:CHEAT_017]
[NAME:AA Ada Pick]
[BUILDING:CHEATO:NONE]
[PRODUCT:100:1:WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_PICK:METAL:ADAMANTINE]
[SKILL:SMELT]

You'd change your REACTION, NAME and BUILDING, to whatever those are you want. I believe if you made your weapon on the basis of another it'd be for example ITEM_WEAPON_SLING. METAL AND ADAMANTINE are changeable to whatever as well. You probably want cloth or leather for a sling sooo...  You'll have to figure those out... I can try to figure it out, but it'd be a little while.

Zantan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2010, 07:25:26 am »

100 stone of anything = 1 special block = 100 stone of granite... make sense?

I know that would be easy, but what about a reaction which keeps track of the material of the special block, so you make a special block out of 100 marble, and get 100 marble when you disassemble it, but get gneiss back if you used gneiss.

Alternatively, I guess you could make a custom one square workshop that requires 100 stones to build.

Also, I've been thinking about making a real alchemist lab.  At first, the only thing you could do would be research, which consumes resources, sometimes emits a random chemical poison, and every so often creates a formula for a predefined alchemical reaction.  The formula would be a required component in the alchemical reaction.  I have to figure out alchemical reactions that would be interesting (especially given the abundance of precious metals) but here is my question:  Can you modify reagents with probabilities just like you can modify products?  The goal would be to say that sometimes alchemical research requires some gold and a pig tail, and sometimes it requires lead and some zinc, etc.

Warlord255

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Building Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2010, 10:26:45 am »

There's no percent chance for reagents, but the idea of doing a "Research" reaction to randomly generate a focus-ingredient for other reactions sounds nifty. The real question is whether or not these can be kept out of the hands of dwarves for embark...
DF Vanilla-Spice Revised: Better balance, more !!fun!!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=173907.msg7968772#msg7968772

LeadfootSlim on Steam, LeadfootSlim#1851 on Discord. Hit me up!

Dr. Melon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2010, 10:44:42 am »

I'd like to see if you can create a living creature from a reaction.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2010, 09:14:17 pm »

I'll have to fight with the living creature reaction thing. It wasn't possible IIRC pre2010, but now it's a different... ish story.

@Zantan - I believe I get what you're saying... I believe this is what the result would be in simple terms.

100 marble stone -> 1 super marble stone -> 100 marble stone
100 gneiss stone -> 1 super marble stone -> 100 gneiss stone

End result is you would need to specifically create (however many stone there is in game) super blocks for each individual stone. That way you can keep that specific stone, but you will run into the problem of having left overs not able to be included into the super block. You could go a step further and make a super uber stone and possibly a step above that...

10 stone = 1 super block .. 10 super block = 1 super uber block .. 10 super uber block = 1 perfect block or whatever.

Make sense?

@Live creature reaction... This will be really iffy, I'm not going to say it's impossible, but I think the most likely thing to happen is going to be a dead creature of whatever type you make it. I'll play with it, but most likely, the thing will be dead.

@the research reagent thing... you'll most likely have a 25 chance of the proper reagent 25 chance of the deadly reaction or whatever numbers you want to go with... However YOU WILL have the chance of getting bother the good and the bad one.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2010, 09:15:05 pm »

Also, I've noticed people are having issues with certain reactions not working. Does anyone want me to make a list of all the working reactions I can think of?

NRN_R_Sumo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's create a custom reaction and building!!! --GUIDE-- --POLLADDED--
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2010, 09:47:54 pm »

I really hope you can figure out the living creature reactions for us, theres just tonnes of applications for steel robo-dwarves and such.

I was actually hoping on making a fishy factory which would build tame water creatures to tame in a submerged kennel, simply for the purpose of feeding my dwarves. :)

Also how difficult would it be to make it so that butchering certain corpses would drop a reagent like eggs? or would I be best to extract those?
A dwarf is nothing but an alcohol powered beard.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2010, 09:59:54 pm »

You'd most likely be looking at creature raws and seeing if you can change those around.

I don't ever at any point recall seeing anything about eggs though, everything is just mysteriously born.

I think an extract from something would be a lot better choice than butchering, unless you have to say, kill the creature for it to drop eggs. Like that gaseous pseudo-beholder looking thing I saw earlier in some post.

I'll start working on the creature thing.

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2010, 10:13:20 pm »

Creatures are not items, and hence can't be produced via reactions.
Also known as Zuhayr.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2010, 10:48:45 pm »

I have successfully made an adamantine dog >.>

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8