Please do!
- 49 (92.5%)
No need to.
- 1 (1.9%)
Please do! (I have a request)
- 3 (5.7%)

Total Members Voted: 53

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: Use other guide please.  (Read 7579 times)

NegaDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: --GUIDE-- Shaostoul's Editing Guide v0.04 --New Poll--
« Reply #90 on: April 10, 2010, 03:49:43 pm »

Hmmm... No on the [PRODUCT:100:10:FAT:NO_SUBTYPE:CREATURE_MAT:DRAGON:FAT]

That one doesn't produce anything. BUT!

[PRODUCT:100:10:GLOB:NO_SUBTYPE:CREATURE_MAT:DRAGON:FAT]

That one produces 10 singular 'Dragon Fat'. I don't know if fat stacks anymore, or not. Hm. I'll try it with Tallow.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #91 on: April 10, 2010, 04:02:53 pm »

that's right, fat is a glob... -shrugs- idno lemme know what ya get
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

NegaDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 10, 2010, 04:05:27 pm »

Alright. I ran a check. Seems Fat doesn't stack anymore. So you can't have a stack of 10 Dragon Fat anymore.

I also managed to produce 10 Dragon Tallow with a reaction that was successfully made into Dragon Soap.

Tallow Reaction:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Fat Reaction:

The Tallow works and merges with lye to make Dragon Soap effectively. Testing to see if you can render the Fat into Tallow effectively.

Edit:

Tested and Confirmed. The Dragon Fat made with the second reaction is automatically rendered into Tallow at the Kitchen.

Going to miss having stacks of tallow to make into Tallow roasts but, hey, fat not stacking will make soap making a bit easier. Back in the old version you still needed 1 lye per tallow in a stack to make it the entire stack into Soap. Like if you got 10 Fat from a hippo or something, you would need 10 Lye in a barrel to make the 10 soap from all that hippo tallow.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2010, 04:11:50 pm by NegaDwarf »

NegaDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 10, 2010, 04:17:45 pm »

Here is a list of all the reactions I currently use for informational purposes. They prove most useful. Personally tested and made sure everyone works.

Now, all I need is a Bone and Shell reaction and I'll be set. Hopefully we can discover just why they aren't working. Also hopefully Vermin will rot in the future so we can actually not need the Destroy Vermin reaction.

As said earlier in the thread, in order to get the Dragon Leather to work, you need to remove the tags on the Dragon creature that make it so they do not produce skin or leather. Otherwise you will get an odd item called 'Dragon fatty'. Weird.

« Last Edit: April 10, 2010, 04:19:55 pm by NegaDwarf »

Landstradd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 12, 2010, 10:03:36 am »

change the last token in the dragon leather reaction from LEATHER to SCALE and it will produce a usable scale for leather working.

Fullmoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Elfless
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 12, 2010, 02:01:32 pm »

OK.
First, obsidian sword is WEAPON_SWORD_SHORT:NONE:INORGANIC:OBSIDIAN, amirite?
Second, is MAGIC_NATURE skill enabled by default?
Quote from: Fishbulb
I got an artifact cave spider silk sock this morning. It's worth 5,720 dwarfbucks, and it doesn't menace with spikes of anything.
Dwarfs don't have issues.  Dwarfs merely have inspiration for the legendary artifact they will one day make.
Quote from: Urist son of Urist
Considering the general state of DF, I think Einstein and Newton are already rotating fast enough that you could hook them up to pumps and use them to kill Elves.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #96 on: April 12, 2010, 02:34:41 pm »

No, I believe Magic_Nature might just be a place holder for the time being. It gives the Druid skill.
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

Upright Path

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 14, 2010, 02:30:30 am »

[PRODUCT:100:1:WEAPON:WEAPON_SHORT_SWORD:INORGANIC:OBSIDIAN]

I believe would be the right way to do it.

spikesp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 16, 2010, 02:58:08 pm »

toke the whole day to figure this out but i did it
thanks to everyone here and deon  :D

this maybe early or i may missed something
but are custom workshops able to act how regular workshops are set up with text,menu and cancel order or this is hardcoded  :-X

the option to make the item isn't visable till you have the certain item needed

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #99 on: April 16, 2010, 03:21:56 pm »

What exactly do you mean like regular workshops?

From what I can tell all workshops are practically identical, except with different menu items to build.

You can change how you want a workshop to look as well, there was a really handy program that someone posted, if you look you should be able to find it.

You may have a reagent in your reaction, in that case, I believe you need said reagent for it to appear. That way you don't have a list populated with impossible reactions.

Also, if you're having problems with the reaction show up, make sure it's in the entity file as well, see first page if you don't know what I mean.

Also, if you're modding the files and not regening a world every time, remember, that you have to add it to your saved game folder now as well.

--edit--

side note to everyone, i apologize i haven't been working on this, if you need me to work on a certain reaction type i'll help. however i've gotten myself involved in the new aliens vs predator game, online play turned out to be a total blast, so yeah, i've been playing that, my steam handle is Muug if anyone is interested.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 03:23:33 pm by Shaostoul »

spikesp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: --GUIDE-- Shaostoul's Editing Guide v0.04 --Make Requests--
« Reply #100 on: April 16, 2010, 07:56:57 pm »

ment Text display in the menu of the custom workshop
i'll take bowery for exampill the 2 items text options there will never dissapper if a certain item is not present and when selected the red text cancel order is triggered saying whats needed

also
for some reason i keep getting steel cap randomly ???

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #101 on: April 16, 2010, 10:04:50 pm »

As a heads up with equipment reactions, you will get an unwearable helm for dwarfs. I believe it makes human size equipment. Your safer bet would be to use a metal reaction and then forge the equipment.

I'm not too sure about the selections, it may be hardcoded for a shop like that, I believe the soap maker shop and the smelter, kiln and i think one more are the only "custom" type of workshops, the others most likely have special parameters.

mustyoshi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 20, 2010, 08:16:55 pm »

Argh why won't this work :(

[REACTION:REMAINS_TO_COKE]
[NAME:make coke from remains]
[BUILDING:SMELTER:NONE]
[REAGENT:A:1:SMALL_REMAINS:NO_SUBTYPE]
[PRODUCT:100:2:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:COAL:COKE][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
[SKILL:SMELT]
It's in the raws for the save, and the entity thingy.
Urist McWhiner: But he is better stonecrafter than everybody combined in this fortress!!
Urist McManager: Aye, but he ain't 16 yet. So he hauls stuff

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #103 on: April 20, 2010, 08:23:23 pm »

...Are you ADDING that reaction to an existing save? or was it already there?

If you are unsure, add the reagent and product to an existing reaction in the smelter and test it there. (You'll have to remove the current reaction reagent and product)

It's in the Entity_Default and the Reaction_(Something) in the save and in the normal raws?

You could just regen and wait for the remains to pop up if anything and try to remove them then.

masakhan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 30, 2010, 04:16:49 pm »

Is it possible to make a custom workshop that requires power?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8