Please do!
- 49 (92.5%)
No need to.
- 1 (1.9%)
Please do! (I have a request)
- 3 (5.7%)

Total Members Voted: 53

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: Use other guide please.  (Read 7584 times)

Upright Path

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: --GUIDE-- Shaostoul's Editing Guide v0.04 --New Poll--
« Reply #75 on: April 08, 2010, 10:42:46 am »

Items that have to be in containers to 'survive' cannot be used in reactions right now. IE- Most POWDER_MISC items, Alcohols and the like cannot be used in reactions.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #76 on: April 08, 2010, 03:54:55 pm »

I know it seems a little silly, but yeah, as upright says, containers aren't able to be used properly.

If anything I'd avoid using sand as a reagent, mostly because it isn't going to work as you want. You could possibly just use other stone, but you'd run into the problem of reusing obsidian to make obsidian, you'd have to space the stockpiles.

I guess the next reaction bit I should be working on is food items. Don't know when I'll start that today. If anyone has any other suggestions, I'll start that.
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

Upright Path

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 08, 2010, 05:26:45 pm »

This is one of those places where REACTION_CLASS might come in handy. You could always add REACTION_CLASS:MAKE_OBSIDIAN to all of the rock you want to be able to use, and leave it out of obsidian so that you can have it only use one thing like that.

Sourlout

• Bay Watcher
  • L-l-l-ook at you hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 08, 2010, 05:54:27 pm »

As the military is of significance now, I have been wanting to have a smelter reaction for full suits of armor for the dwarves.  (If for nothing else but let them live through their first battle) 

However, much like the last version, the production of armor from the smelter results in 'large' scale.   

Does anyone know how to produce dwarven armor from the smelter?

Also, for food stuff, does anyone know how to produce ration grade items?

Cheers!

Upright Path

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 08, 2010, 06:08:05 pm »

[PRODUCT:ARMOR:<SUB_TYPE>:<MAT>:<MAT_SUB>][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:X]

X = some size that might work out to be 'dwarf' sized?

I don't know right here, really.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #80 on: April 08, 2010, 06:11:59 pm »

Smelter armor would = no quality level.

Forged armor = quality and survivability of the armor. Masterwork armor is amazing.

I've never seen quality levels out of a smelter.

More or less... I'm not going to bother to figure out how to make dwarf sized armor out of a smelter reaction.

Make the required metal and coal at the smelter, forge the armor for training and quality armor. It really doesn't take that long...

Plus it's more fun to use a blacksmith IMO
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #81 on: April 08, 2010, 08:12:51 pm »

Hey, sorry I haven't been working on the guide for today, I've felt like actually playing DF.

derekiv

• Bay Watcher
  • The smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 09, 2010, 08:02:02 am »

This is really helpful, thanks.

NegaDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 10, 2010, 11:01:58 am »

Currently trying to get one last thing from my cheat reactions to work. That is, the making of Giant Cave Spider Silk Thread.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I've tried this out and it only makes nameless Thread.

Any assistance would be helpful. What little tag will fix it, I wonder... making it refer back to the creature again with the second Thread? Creature_mat? I'd appreciate the help. My thanks.

Edit:

Ah ha!

[PRODUCT:100:1:THREAD:NO_SUBTYPE:CREATURE_MAT:SPIDER_CAVE_GIANT:THREAD][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:15000]

This works! Makes the thread like a charm.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2010, 11:07:12 am by NegaDwarf »

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #84 on: April 10, 2010, 03:05:35 pm »

@NegaDwarf...

That post is exactly what I like to see. Solving the problem through trial and error... exactly what I have to do for all my reactions.

NegaDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 10, 2010, 03:23:19 pm »

I know you mean, Shaostsoul. Its been quite fun play around with this. I also figured how to get Dragon Leather again out of a reaction. Seems there are things on the Dragon that make it unable to produce Skin or Leather anymore. You just remove those and... you can make all the Dragon Leather you like!

But dang, I'm hitting the same brick wall everyone else on these forums is. IE, I don't think its possible to make Bone or Shell in the current version. I've done all sorts of different trial and error tests and gen'd dozens of Pocket Worlds to test my theories on.

No luck yet.

Hopefully it shall be fixed in a future version. I'm going to miss not being able to make 20 Dragon Bones.

NegaDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 10, 2010, 03:30:22 pm »

In order to produce Dragon Leather. First you must go to Creature_Standard.txt. Open it up and go to the Dragon section. There will be a part of it that has this:

Just remove that from the section. Then you just make a usual reaction:

And you can make all the Dragon Leather for your outfitting needs. Just adding for information purposes. This can be done for other races that also have those skin and leather things.

...Such as Dwarves.

;D

DWARF LEATHER FOR EVERYONE!

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #87 on: April 10, 2010, 03:31:24 pm »

Well, when I feel like looking at the raws again, I'll fight with it a bit, I really should work on completing the guide more.

But request before the guide IMO.

If you get dragon leather and dragon meat and dragon fat, I'm pretty sure you can get dragon bone. Just finding the write tags is all.

NegaDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 10, 2010, 03:33:39 pm »

Oooo, you can get Dragon Fat? What is the reaction for that? That'd be useful for Soapmaking.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #89 on: April 10, 2010, 03:37:44 pm »

[PRODUCT:100:10:FAT:NO_SUBTYPE:CREATURE_MAT:DRAGON:FAT]

Possibly?

I had one for a while, but fat wasn't want I was going for, so I deleted the reaction.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8