Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Oh lord, Secretive Moods *SPOILERS*  (Read 4257 times)

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Oh lord, Secretive Moods *SPOILERS*
« on: April 04, 2010, 10:10:39 pm »

In the interests of generating information for the wiki, as well as terrified players like myself, I thought I'd make a thread for this particular mood. The reason is that, evidently, the Toady One has messed with the descriptions a secretive dwarf makes of what he wants.

To get the ball rolling, I've got a woodworker who is furiously sketching pictures of a quarry, and stacked cloth. Now, given that the cloth is probably cloth (of which I have 70 rope reed fiber cloth), this means that unless he is holding out for a specific KIND of cloth then quarry must not mean stone/stone blocks. Any ideas, Bay Watchers?

AtomicPaperclip

• Bay Watcher
  • Who names their kid dagger anyway?
    • View Profile
Re: Oh lord, Secretive Moods *SPOILERS*
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2010, 10:12:13 pm »

Silk (:
Dear Toady: Keep up the good work man, we appreciate you and the game beyond words.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2010, 10:30:22 pm »

Silk (:

By Armok, I hope not. He's still holding his axe, and he knows how to use it...

lanceleoghauni

• Bay Watcher
  • Purveyor of Ridiculous machinery.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2010, 10:59:49 pm »

It's ALWAYS silk. I don't get silk for any other purpose then to have for artifacts anymore.
"Mayor, the Nobles are complaining again!"

*Mayor facepalms*

"pull the lever of magmatic happiness"

absynthe7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2010, 11:40:14 pm »

I had a fey mood dwarf shout for "body parts", which actually meant "bones".

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2010, 11:44:13 pm »

Well, Urist McSecretpants went melancholy, so no confirmation on what was up there. My desperate digging for a cavern with silk didn't make it in time to test the theory, and his preferences didn't shed any light on what he might be waiting for.

Naz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2010, 09:22:42 am »

yea thats the one big sticking point with moods is that a couple of the things dwarves sketch/mumble/scream have the same name for different items. Cloth is the main one. Yelling "RAAAAAARGH CLOTH!! can mean either plant fiber or silk, usually silk. I'd recomend trading for a supply of it as soon as you can. Otherwise just lock the door of the workshop your dwarf has claimed and wait for him to starve. It sucks but if he knows how to use that axe you may have a serious issue.
Urist McDwarf cancels wear pants: Just because

Scruga

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McDwarf cancels eat: Interupted by goat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2010, 09:33:20 am »

yeah trading for it works. Servers for your hospital as well as moods. Important note, if a dwarf needs thread or cloth that's in a hospital, he won't pick it up. In order for him to pick it up you need to dump and reclaim it! Found that out today, very happy with my legendary cabinet with menacing spikes of pig tail cloth :D
New question! If I were to remove elves [INTELLIGENT] tag in the raws, would it work?
Dwarf Fortress: Where taking a creatures intelligence is an accepted way of modding.

Chronas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2010, 10:23:47 am »

i never use pig tail anymore, webs are plentiful enough that i use CS silk for everything.
He he he.  Yeah, it almost looks done...  alas...  those who are in your teens, hold on until your twenties...  those in your twenties, your thirties...  others, cling to life as you are able...
It should be pretty fun though.

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2010, 10:38:29 am »

If you'd noticed, cave spider silk is actually now the cheapest. Plant cloth is actually worth more than cave spider silk.
Add me on PesterChum! My chumhandle is doomedHermit.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.

daoist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2010, 10:49:04 am »

then quarry must not mean stone/stone blocks. Any ideas, Bay Watchers?
Quarry bush?

Chronas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2010, 12:34:13 pm »

If you'd noticed, cave spider silk is actually now the cheapest. Plant cloth is actually worth more than cave spider silk.
i did indeed. I'm not selling the stuff -its abundance, colour and the fact that its' freakin spider silk makes it my choice for the clothing and uniforms of my dorfs
He he he.  Yeah, it almost looks done...  alas...  those who are in your teens, hold on until your twenties...  those in your twenties, your thirties...  others, cling to life as you are able...
It should be pretty fun though.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2010, 12:49:16 pm »

In the interests of generating information for the wiki, as well as terrified players like myself, I thought I'd make a thread for this particular mood. The reason is that, evidently, the Toady One has messed with the descriptions a secretive dwarf makes of what he wants.

To get the ball rolling, I've got a woodworker who is furiously sketching pictures of a quarry, and stacked cloth. Now, given that the cloth is probably cloth (of which I have 70 rope reed fiber cloth), this means that unless he is holding out for a specific KIND of cloth then quarry must not mean stone/stone blocks. Any ideas, Bay Watchers?

everything turns to iron bug?
This is a blank sig.

JujuBubu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2010, 05:35:21 am »

Damn, my armorer got his fey mood at the same moment I found out that magma is pressurized while the pumps are working.
So my magmaforge was submerged in magma while he made a dive for it, while I desperatly build doors and hoped the control and security levers would be pulled in time.

Sounds like facepalm so far ..

Now .. I made it. He dodged a few magma puddles and claimed the forge but he only sits there and draws little sketches of metal bars, blocks and wood.

I have everything rock blocks, lots of wood, and 12 different kinds of metal.
And the forge is powered by a steady 7 of magma beneath.
But he does nothing ? Could he want something else ?

Help .. please :)

Dorf3000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2010, 07:10:45 am »

Sounds like he wants a specific kind of metal.  Have you checked his preferences? (v->z menu I think)  Pray he doesn't have a desire for bismuth bronze or anything else rare and hard to make.

Also he might be blocked from leaving the room by magma.
I had a tigerman get elected mayor and he promptly mandated 3 bowls of cereal.
Pages: [1] 2