Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Training  (Read 849 times)

scotch208

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Training
« on: April 04, 2010, 08:03:36 pm »

Has anyone gotten their military to do anything other than individual combat drills?
I would like to set up a school of "How to be a dwarven badass in 12 easy classes!" or something along those lines but i cannot get my military to do more than individual sparring.
-The Dwarf Creed-
This is my workshop. There are many like it but this one is mine. It is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without my workshop I am useless. I must use my workshop well. I must work harder than my enemy, who is trying to kill me. He must have fun before I do. I will make it so. Before Armok I swear this creed: my workshop and myself are defenders of my country, we are the masters of our enemy, we are the saviors of my life. So be it. Amen.

Asra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Training
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2010, 08:07:22 pm »

I think they need to be at a certain level to start sparring with each other.

lordofhyphens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2010, 08:27:11 pm »

My squad of 5 + one (regular) dog took down a Titan.

Well, the dog held it in place while the squad got ready and then finished the Titan off.
"Extinction is not an option."

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2010, 09:18:29 pm »

I've been having the same problem.

Maybe classes require the "Teacher" skill, and I have no idea how to train that.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Aranna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2010, 10:00:50 pm »

Maybe classes require the "Teacher" skill, and I have no idea how to train that.

I think so, when I started with a dwarf that had combat skills and the teacher skill he trained the others I was too lazy to give skills... He did a Combat Demonstration for the 2 recruits who then stood and watched him stand there... I assume it gets better if there are 2 teachers :D