Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: [0.31.01] Blood for the Blood God...  (Read 6441 times)

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
[0.31.01] Blood for the Blood God...
« on: April 04, 2010, 07:20:42 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

More of an issue than a bug...but I noticed that when dwarves wash the blood off themselves at a well, the blood goes everywhere. More to the point, it doesn't go away except during the rain, and that does not get rid of it nearly as quickly as it accumulates. The blood just keeps piling up, and spreading, and growing, until everything ends up coated in blood...

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: [0.31.01] Blood for the Blood God...
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2010, 07:24:10 pm »

Wow.  That's...  That's just...

Beautiful.

I find it oddly hilarious that dwarves fail this miserably if they have the audacity to attempt basic hygiene.  Or maybe your alchemist just decided to have a little fun and gave them some of that trick soap...  Armok-style trick soap.

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
  • Riverend's Flame-beater of Earth-Wounders
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2010, 07:30:30 pm »

I dig a nice bathhouse full of crisp, clear water for the purpose of my dwarves cleaning off blood and what do they do? They bloody up the well room!

I think this needs to be changed. Dwarves dumping well buckets on their heads to get clean is pretty ... well, DWARFY, but they should prefer standing water.
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2010, 07:44:38 pm »

There might be something broke with discarded blood splatters, where dwarves don't recognize them as requiring cleaning.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Dark_Tundra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2010, 08:22:52 pm »

I have a smear of Elephant Blood that runs from just outside my main gate, through my courtyard and to my fort entrance. It used to go down the stairs and through my main stockpiles, but the dwarves seems to have cleaned all the Underground tiles since then.
Just like the previous version, only undergound tiles are cleaned by dwarves AFAIK; but differently, there seems to be no clean on season change for a lot of the mess.

Tayron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2010, 10:21:06 pm »

Yeah I've noticed the blood just keeps piling up.  I've got a big meeting hall/dining room I've built outdoors, complete with well, and river running through it.  Well, they keep washing off in the pond, and as such, the 'entire' area is covered in blood.  Since it's walled and roofed over, it's considered inside...they just aren't cleaning anything up.
Worse yet, now I"m getting 'water source is contaminated' messages, because my rivers full of blood.  The ponds are full of blood.  The stockpiles full of blood.  It looks like the end result of a slasher flick.
...I haven't been attacked in ages either, so I'm not sure where all the blood is even coming from!

Seems whatever problem is keeping certain remains from decaying, may be keeping the blood from going away.  Since it's been there for years.

immibis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2010, 10:25:44 pm »

I have one dwarf's blood smeared over a fairly large area outside, and a large area inside as well. I think when water washes over blood, and moves the smear/spatter/pool, it has a net effect of increasing the amount of blood.
If I wanted ramps I would've designated ramps, dammit!

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2010, 10:34:03 pm »

I haven't encountered it with an all inside fort. It might be just the underground tag? I'm pretty sure that roofing something only takes it out of the light.

Harriers for the cup!
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Tayron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2010, 12:02:45 am »

Possibly...  Since it seems dwarves don't bother cleaning up blood outside.  But on the same note, the game itself doesn't seem wash away the blood either.
I've used outside areas often enough in previous areas, and the bloods typically at least gone away in a timely manner...not sticking around for years.  So something seems amiss somewhere.

Dark_Tundra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2010, 12:35:42 am »

Without the auto-cleaning aboveground tiles on season change from the last version; the only cleaning silt, ichor, or blood gets; seems to be rain.
I suspect the new psudoliquids just haven't been added to the list of objects wiped out quarterly.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2010, 02:07:46 am »

The massive amount of goblin blood on my doorstep did vanish with the season change. The gigantic bog made up of every kind of blood imaginable sitting next to my river either never goes away or gets replaced so fast I don't notice it's gone.
Also, there are big puddles of crundle blood in my stairwell that nobody seems to want to clean. I'm pretty sure it's ~2 years old now. And I think anybody who steps in it gets smeared, since I locked the all the crundles out of my fort a year ago, but everybody's still covered from head to toe in it (along with the blood of some dwarf who died in my 2nd year - where is all this stuff coming from!?). It's kinda gross. :'(

Edit: Also, the rain just seems to smear the crap around. Great.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Dark_Tundra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2010, 02:26:43 am »

Cleaning designations would be brilliant for this.

Chronas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2010, 04:36:40 am »

in 40d smoothing stone got rid of all contaminations on it, i dont know if it works this time around.
He he he.  Yeah, it almost looks done...  alas...  those who are in your teens, hold on until your twenties...  those in your twenties, your thirties...  others, cling to life as you are able...
It should be pretty fun though.

Dark_Tundra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2010, 05:23:31 am »

in 40d smoothing stone got rid of all contaminations on it, i dont know if it works this time around.
Smoothing definately gets rid of mud, and I cleared a whole chunk by building a road(that they tracked blood over again...)

n00bs4uce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2010, 04:42:34 pm »

Seems like the catsplosion was outmoded by some a kin to something straight out of the shining. One thing I might suggest trying is magma. You can never go wrong with magma.
A dwarf is nothing but an alcohol powered beard.

YOU MUST ADD THE ABOVE QUOTE INTO YOUR SIGNATURE, RIGHT NOW.
Pages: [1] 2