Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [0.31.01] Obsidian not in stone list  (Read 4119 times)

Mover#005

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[0.31.01] Obsidian not in stone list
« on: April 04, 2010, 06:13:07 pm »

A easy but still breaking one. Obsidian doesn't show up in the list where you toggle economic and non-economic stones, making it unusable for many things. Bug?

Zwaryczuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.31.01] Obsidian not in stone list
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2010, 11:34:44 pm »

I can't find obsidian stone either when I look to build a wall. Looked at the RAW, there doesn't seem to be anything that would disallow it. Maybe it's no longer meant for construction?

Jhoosier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://wilcotangofoxtrot.blogspot.com
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2010, 10:43:36 am »

My bauxite is missing too.

Bauxite is (or should be - it is on mine) on the list.  Obsidian, though, yeah, I don't know anybody who's got it listed.  I'm using 0.31.02 as well.  Lots of obsidian mechanisms, not so many rock swords :(

Treason

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2010, 02:12:49 pm »

It's on the list.

It's been moved to the "Other" section.

As is bauxite and a number of other stone types.  Quite a few are the new magma-safe stones.

caranha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2010, 02:26:40 am »

I think I have found out the problem.

It has to do with the "max edge" tag applied to stones. I was playing with the Arrkhal's weapon mod, and noticed that there were a LOT of stones missing from the economic stone menu. Then I decided to play with the raws, and I noticed that adding a high "max edge" value to a stone will remove it from the economic stone menu. Removing the "max edge" tag from obsidian will make it show up in the economic menu again (but then you cannot make obsidian short swords anymore).

A workaround to this bug is removing the tag from obsidian, tagging it to "green", so it is workable, and then putting the tag back in the raws. The stone will disappear from your economic stone menu again, but the "green" status will be remembered by the game.

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2010, 02:28:26 am »

A workaround to this bug is removing the tag from obsidian, tagging it to "green", so it is workable, and then putting the tag back in the raws. The stone will disappear from your economic stone menu again, but the "green" status will be remembered by the game.

Or just look in the 'other' section instead and make it green from there.
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

caranha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2010, 02:52:05 am »

Shades, we are talking about the "Stones Restrictions" submenu in the Status (z) menu, not the Stockpile menu. There is no "other" option in the "stones restrictions".

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2010, 04:20:46 am »

Shades, we are talking about the "Stones Restrictions" submenu in the Status (z) menu, not the Stockpile menu. There is no "other" option in the "stones restrictions".

Ahh my mistake :)
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd