Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [0.31.01] Arena colossus leaves statue of other creature  (Read 786 times)

Salabasama

• Bay Watcher
  • Cyber-elf
    • View Profile
[0.31.01] Arena colossus leaves statue of other creature
« on: April 04, 2010, 04:12:17 pm »

I was beating a dragon to death as a bronze colossus when I picked up the statue of one of the previous colossi, and noticed it was a statue of a Yeti instead of a colossus.  I had made some yeti earlier.

Edit: another left a statue of a purring maggot.  Of course, I never made any of them.
I keep thinking glacier fortress would be fun, but it always ends up as cave layer fortress.

sethwick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.31.01] Arena colossus leaves statue of other creature
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2010, 04:14:01 pm »

Iron Men also drop statues of random things. I like to imagine their heads are all statues of different creatures myself. But I think it's a bug or at least unintentional.

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2010, 04:20:06 pm »

So it was the iron man that dropped the statue in my arena. I thought it was still alive, and I was wondering where the statue came from.

Eventually I thought the statue somehow got there because of the dragon that had died on that exact spot. (It was a statue of a dragon.)
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.

Salabasama

• Bay Watcher
  • Cyber-elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2010, 04:36:00 pm »

Well, the yeti statue specified that it was of "Yeti 1."  Also, these colossi seem to bleed black opal dust...  Not that I can get them to die.

Oh, I see.  Falling walls in the arena seem to put off clouds composed of many different stones when they fall.  I've got gypsum and honey yellow beryl and pinefire opal and tin flying out of this dropped rock.

Huzzah!  I can get rock blocks by smashing the bridge.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 04:44:08 pm by Salabasama »
I keep thinking glacier fortress would be fun, but it always ends up as cave layer fortress.