Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Hospital Layouts  (Read 2849 times)

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
  • Riverend's Flame-beater of Earth-Wounders
    • View Profile
Re: Hospital Layouts
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2010, 04:35:31 pm »

My last fort had a pretty good spread with eight beds in a 5x9 room or so, two 5x5 rooms on the edges of that for a well and a washing pool, and two 3x3 operating rooms with operating tables and traction tables. It also included two 2x3 storage closets, one for prepared meals (stockpile) and one for hospital supplies (chests). My chief medical dwarf also had an apartment on station and nothing else to do, so she was always right there in the event of an injury.

It didn't do me much good though. Goblin hammerers ambushed and the hospital was right next to the unfinished defensive works, so the wounded couldn't be retrieved. Much wailing and gnashing of teeth later, my strength was broken.
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

Malsqueek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2010, 05:11:37 pm »

So far I just have a 5x5 area with 8 beds along two edges, a traction bench in the upper corner, three coffers in the opposite corner and a table in the center.

This area is in the top corner of my 11x11 main barracks which has a 3x5 food storage right next to it. and the well is somewhat close.

It's good enough while I get the remainder of my base camp set up.

Trout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2010, 05:17:23 pm »

I made a hospital tower.

The first floor is a lobby, complete with chairs and tables and a stairway in from the fort proper. The 2nd-6th stories are 1X2 rooms with a single bed. 7th-9th stories are for traction beds- Essentially operating rooms. The 10th story is a storage room, which is packed with chests. Then there's the roof, which is complete with a helicopter landing pad.

I'm still considering making a Dwarven Elevator by causing a platform of floor to drop from the top of the building via cave-in. Want to see a friend in his hospital room on the 5th floor? You'd better jump at the right time, then.
I don't think losing guts actually kills you, you just throw up and pass out and bleed to death.
Pages: 1 [2]