Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 21

Author Topic: What is your biggest frustration in 0.31?  (Read 47227 times)

Erk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
What is your biggest frustration in 0.31?
« on: April 04, 2010, 02:06:22 pm »

So far for me it's the pathfinding bugs. Whenever it starts to rain or a new construction pops up I get a flood of 'cannot find path' messages until the pathfinding algorithm catches up to the new layout or something.

Also not crazy about the fact that a creature takes forever to die. One of my dwarves is red on everything, his heart gushing blood, and that batwoman just keeps stabbing him with her fungiwood spear. /sigh/

Of course, all in all, I love the new version. Super excited for it going stable.
'River' cancels eat: Food is problematic.

Captain Alchatron

• Bay Watcher
  • The Elbow of Ragnaros
    • View Profile
Re: What is your biggest frustration in 0.31?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2010, 02:08:45 pm »

The fact that migrants seem to drop their tools on entering the map.  Coupled with flocks of rhesus macaques or the like, this is downright aggravating. >.>
If you go up to someone and beat the hell out of them with thread, you not only defeat them, you shame them and their entire family for generations to come (providing that there are any survivors).
Various mouths were involved, and a soda can and a penny I think.

Adultratedhydra

• Bay Watcher
  • That is a hydralisk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2010, 02:10:03 pm »

Military and immortal "Non-living" enemies.

watching a bronze collosus not die and proceed to kill everything around it is not right.
If violence isnt solving your problem then add magma.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2010, 02:14:38 pm »

Actually, bronze colossi eliminating everything now feels right. They were too easy I 40d- the normal skeletal creatures being impervious to dwaven weapons though...

The most annoying thing for me are the pathfinding/stockpile dancing bugs. Having dwarves doing nothing is kinda annoying.

Adultratedhydra

• Bay Watcher
  • That is a hydralisk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2010, 02:16:36 pm »

Actually, bronze colossi eliminating everything now feels right.

Very true. but they should atleast die without needing magma dumped on them. other than that and the aformentioned military bugs ive not gotten any pathfinding issues and my FPS isnt that bad either.
If violence isnt solving your problem then add magma.

Brian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2010, 02:21:35 pm »

I think all the little bugs (sorry Toady!).  Also the frequent migrations, though I suppose in the long run I might like it more than 70 dwarves showing up at once.

"Hey guyz mind if we crash here? LOL"

Core Xii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2010, 02:25:45 pm »

You still can't choose what to make shit out of. Craftsdwarfs just grab the closest material. Maybe you can use burrows to set up a workshop + stockpile combo, but even then, it's too tedious and micro-manage-y compared to if you could just, you know, specify the damn material in the workshop order.

Oh, the new channeling is... Inconvenient. Not sure if I'd rank it worse than the above, but still.

I got it. The biggest frustration is not being able to order dwarfs to follow veins. It's so time-consuming and annoying to designate a few more tiles to be dug out every minute. Even more so now that the stuff is all over the place.
Reality is for people who lack imagination

Urist McDepravity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2010, 02:26:20 pm »

At this moment most annoying thing for me is random, unpredictable and un-reproduceable crashes. I know its early release, but this way its even useless to report them - i have no idea what was the cause.

Military screen seemed awful, but i start to understand and even enjoy it now.

Jagsman32

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2010, 02:26:41 pm »

Constant crashes when accessing military and squad screens.

newguy12354

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2010, 02:37:24 pm »

Forever remaining remains from those cats of doom. My stockpile of refuse is full of them, my river is full of them, my meeting hall is full of them and my hallways are full of them. I have a garbage compactor specifically for those remains and cats still produce way more than what I can deal with.

GenericOverusedName

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2010, 02:38:38 pm »

Unrotting vermin remains sucks.

I think my greatest frustration so far is that there's no Dwarf Therapist update. It's not necessary to play, but it makes you spoiled...

Tcei

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear me! I am Bekat the Adorable Skull!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2010, 02:44:46 pm »

Military dwarves refusing to stop trainging and go eat/sleep/drink, even after you remove them from the squad and decon their barracks. Beyond that its the endless piles of vermin remains.
....They just refuse to stay down unless butchered, in which case their skins will haunt you until you subdue and tan them. Never has legendary butcher and legendary tanner seemed so valueable as in this release.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2010, 02:45:59 pm »

Not being to able to farm underground without muddying first.... and i find somehow the military system confusing and the thousand of dead vermin

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2010, 02:52:31 pm »

Hmm im thinking anybody tried catapult or balista on the bronze collossus?
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2010, 03:36:13 pm »

Demons/forgotten beasts that are unkillable as they're only Shell and Body. God damn job cancellations everywhere as 20 dwarves beat the steam out of it.. It would have been more acceptable if it actually killed anything :(.Just froze my fort until I fix this...
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 21