Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Chief Diagnostician is a House-level dick  (Read 693 times)

Cespinarve

• Bay Watcher
  • Lege lege lege relege labora et invenies
    • View Profile
Chief Diagnostician is a House-level dick
« on: April 04, 2010, 10:28:17 am »

So I've got wounded in the hospital, and the guy is On Break. So he stops that, goes to get a drink, goes and eats, and then GOES BACK ON BREAK. Its not like he had any other jobs. Is this maybe a bug, or is he just a prick?
Nice one, not sure when I'll be feeling like killing a baby but these things are good to know.
This is why we can't have nice things... someone will just wind up filling it with corpses.
Arrakis teaches the attitude of the knife — chopping off what's incomplete and saying: "Now it's complete because it's ended here."

Exiledhero99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Chief Diagnostician is a House-level dick
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2010, 10:31:18 am »

check his profile, he may be inclined to laziness
If you hit a dwarf with moving water with sufficient strength it will knock the baby out of the mother's arms.  The water can then be used to sweep the baby into a well or cistern for drowning.  The device which does this can also double as a mist generator.

axus

• Bay Watcher
  • Axe Murderer
    • View Profile
Re: Chief Diagnostician is a House-level dick
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2010, 10:34:24 am »

Ha, like the soldiers on duty that stop one square short of attacking?  Or the miner that takes his time digging out the mason who walled himself into the cavern with the Troll?  Or the brewer who wants to harvest a plant instead of make more beer?  Dwarves have been doing stupid stuff since the first version. 

You can have multiple healthcare professionals, so if your main guy isn't handling business someone else will take a look.  I've got more a of a problem from people starving or dehydrating in bed when nobody will bring them stuff.  It doesn't happen all the time, though.