Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Are adventuers screwed now?  (Read 2190 times)

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
Are adventuers screwed now?
« on: April 04, 2010, 10:20:28 am »

I got tasked with killing the demonic law-giver of my civilization by the warlord in the capital city.  Of course as soon as I attacked it the entire civ went hostile, yet I still somehow managed to escape with only two wounds due to being shot in the throat and the cheek.  I ran into the wilderness, leaving a trail of blood behind me all the way, and once I had escaped my pursuers somehow, I yanked the bolts out of my head.  This didn't seem to affect the bleeding either negatively or positively, and eventually I got faint.  I decided to sleep and see if that would help since I'd been holding five down for a good long while, and the next thing I know it said "You have bled to death."  So... anyone know if adventurers can stop bleeding in this new version or are they all screwed should they ever get an injury?
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 10:24:06 am by Ioric Kittencuddler »
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

Toady Two

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_SCIENCE]
    • View Profile
Re: Are adventuers screwed now?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2010, 10:26:33 am »

Did you travel? Is it no longer an instant means of regenerating everything par lost limbs?

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2010, 10:27:05 am »

Can't travel while bleeding.

Urist McCyrilin

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh, the dwarfity!
    • View Profile
    • CyCom! Writing&PnP!
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2010, 10:27:32 am »

Did you travel? Is it no longer an instant means of regenerating everything par lost limbs?
Even if he could, travelling doesn't heal anything anymore.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2010, 11:52:37 am »

Yeah. I had an adventurer bleed to death earlier after having his second toe, right foot chopped off by a crossbow bolt and being unable to staunch the bleeding, despite being a seemingly minor wound.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2010, 11:56:42 am »

Even if he could, travelling doesn't heal anything anymore.

Looks like you need to be more careful from now on.

Yeah. I had an adventurer bleed to death earlier after having his second toe, right foot chopped off by a crossbow bolt and being unable to staunch the bleeding, despite being a seemingly minor wound.

That sounds like some sort of bug, or maybe your adventurer had some sort of disease. IDK, haven't played adventure mode much.
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

Trorbes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2010, 11:58:27 am »

If they're tough enough, and the wound is small enough, the bleeding will stop - I had an adventurer break two fingers and an eye, and the bleeding stopped almost immediately (and left a cool scar around the eye).

However, the wounds still existed after 'T'ravelling, although the eye upgraded to yellow so I guess it healed itself a little.

Clover Magic

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2010, 12:20:20 pm »

It might have to do with toughness or something.  My adventurer starting bleeding after I flung her off 2 z-levels (>_>;; ) and after about ten or so steps, the bleeding stopped, and I traveled, and everything was healed, since it wasn't a mortal wound.  So the game mechanics still work.  But with new things like arteries and health attributes, that might affect what can heal in a few steps and what can't.  Of course, with no health care (I think) in adventure mode, you're just dead if you're hurt too badly.

Zironic

• Bay Watcher
  • [SDRAW_KCAB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2010, 12:29:50 pm »

Maybe a hospital or a traveling team of medics are in order.

This hospital stuff is pushing this game dangerously near become a Civil war era game with crossbows and swords instead of rifles.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2010, 12:40:24 pm »

that sounds epic, and I believe there's a command to stop bleeding now.  Though you should still bleed to death after getting shot in the throat.
Nom nom nom

KFD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2010, 12:56:06 pm »

Maybe a hospital or a traveling team of medics are in order.

This hospital stuff is pushing this game dangerously near become a Civil war era game with crossbows and swords instead of rifles.
To be perfectly fair, there are some fantasy settings that have the dwarves with seemingly civil war era tech compared to everyone else in the medieval.

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2010, 12:57:37 pm »

Had mortal wound blinking, but actually it was not mortal it was just moderate bruising to lungs (stupid hammerman sneaked up on me) later it went away :)

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2010, 03:34:40 am »

I guess I better try some more.  Maybe that one guy was just unlucky.

Another

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2010, 12:00:02 pm »

Had mortal wound blinking, but actually it was not mortal it was just moderate bruising to lungs (stupid hammerman sneaked up on me) later it went away :)

-"He is mortally wounded."
-"He got better."

Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2010, 01:14:08 pm »

My first adventurer took wolf bites to the head and back... His brain and upper spine became rotted and he bled to death after coming out of travel mode(the second time)

so it does look like to adverture healthcare is in order.
Pages: [1] 2