Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: RAW typos and missing tags  (Read 9837 times)

rickvoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RAW typos and missing tags
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2010, 08:55:52 pm »

Very good thread, Rick! I'll be watching this so I can add the fixes to Civ Forge.

Thanks.

Keep posting stuff. I wish I had more time to update the original post, and check this stuff. If somebody wants to compile what we have in the meantime (Shadow? You've been a great help so far. What do you think?) and fix the stuff I've got up that we know needs to be changed, I'd appreciate it. Two jobs, kid, and shenanigans elsewhere in the forums are leaving me pretty drained right now.

When you are done with this, can you test the fixed files and upload them so we can fix this ASAP?

I'm going to put it up in the bug reports thread, when we feel like we've got most of the stuff wrinkled out. That way Toady can take what he wants and put it right where it needs to go.

If somebody wants to implement the changes and put up a zip, please do. I just don't have the time.

Man this is a really helpful thread, and will probably do a lot in speeding up the while bugfix thing. One question though, would fixing my raws mess up my savegame? It's probably worth it even if it does.

If you put the changes in the main DF RAWs, it will not break saves. Any world you generate later will have the fixes, but it won't effect your current worlds. Unfortunately, this also means that your current worlds won't have the fixes. Some changes may break the world if you add them to that worlds RAWs, some of them won't. Not sure exactly which ones.

immibis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2010, 11:04:27 pm »

inorganic_stone_gem.txt and inorganic_stone_soil.txt (and possibly others) don't have any indentation. This seriously messes with my raw-parsing program.
If I wanted ramps I would've designated ramps, dammit!

The Glock

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2010, 11:11:19 pm »

Example, from short swords, with relevant part in bold:

[ATTACK:EDGE:20000:4000:slash:slashes:NO_SUB:1250]
[ATTACK:EDGE:50:2000:stab:stabs:NO_SUB:1000]
[ATTACK:BLUNT:20000:4000:slap:slaps:flat:1250]
[ATTACK:BLUNT:1000:1000:strike:strikes:pommel:1000]

Just switch the numbers then?

By the way, what file is that under?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2010, 11:26:17 pm »

I have an addition:

To fix the hyper-cargo capacity of the merchants, simply go in and replace the [trADE_CAPACITY:X] number with 1/10 that. So, mules go from [trADE_CAPACITY:2000] to [trADE_CAPACITY:200], which seems to work logically. The mules now carry about 200 pounds of stuff, which is realistic for your average mule.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2010, 11:26:51 pm »

They're in item_weapon.

I'm not sure if they're supposed to be switched, though, because 2000 seems kind of low. I'm not sure that would even allow severs on humanoid opponents. It's hard to tell exactly what Toady intended here.

It's definitely worth testing, though.

There's similar stuff going on with other edged weapons, like halberds:

Code: [Select]
[ATTACK:EDGE:20000:[b]8000[/b]:slash:slashes:NO_SUB:1250]
[ATTACK:EDGE:50:[b]2000[/b]:stab:stabs:NO_SUB:1000]
[ATTACK:BLUNT:20000:6000:bash:bashes:shaft:1250]
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Vigilant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2010, 11:41:29 pm »

This thread should be stickied since stuff like the soap and meat thing can fix some rather common bugs while we're waiting for the actual bug-fix version. Important business!

The Glock

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2010, 12:00:49 am »

I have an addition:

To fix the hyper-cargo capacity of the merchants, simply go in and replace the [trADE_CAPACITY:X] number with 1/10 that. So, mules go from [trADE_CAPACITY:2000] to [trADE_CAPACITY:200], which seems to work logically. The mules now carry about 200 pounds of stuff, which is realistic for your average mule.

Under what file?

I think this thread should be moved to the Bug Reports or Suggestions subforum. What do you guys think?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2010, 12:02:49 am »

The appropriate creature file. Mules, for example, are under creature_domestic.txt

Basically, do a search for any file with TRADE_CAPACITY and go from there.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2010, 12:18:47 am »

Awesome job.

You forgot to fix mountain goat problem correctly in the first post.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2010, 01:33:45 am »

The appropriate creature file. Mules, for example, are under creature_domestic.txt

Basically, do a search for any file with TRADE_CAPACITY and go from there.

Will that make waggins appear?
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2010, 03:17:12 am »

Also, as shadow_slicer pointed out, your quarry bush correction is ambiguous. In order for the fix to work, the [EDIBLE_COOKED] tag must go somewhere after [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:LEAF:LEAF_TEMPLATE] and before [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:SEED:SEED_TEMPLATE]. For formatting's sake, I suppose it should ideally come immediately after the [MATERIAL_VALUE:5] line, but (I think) it should work if you put it anywhere between those two entries mentioned above.
I think you should add EDIBLE_COOKED not in the plant entry, but in the material template file for leaves.

Man this is a really helpful thread, and will probably do a lot in speeding up the while bugfix thing. One question though, would fixing my raws mess up my savegame? It's probably worth it even if it does.
All these changes are not related to enity files thus they won't change your savegame (make sure you edit RAW files in your savegame folder too).

I'm not sure if they're supposed to be switched, though, because 2000 seems kind of low. I'm not sure that would even allow severs on humanoid opponents. It's hard to tell exactly what Toady intended here.
I tried 200 and 200000 for spear and the difference is small. I think it's because smaller tip makes much less damage (while it should be in an opposite way). Anyway I use 100000 and 70000 for pike and spear appropriately, and around 5000-8000 for swords (I mean in stabbing damage penetration).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 07, 2010, 05:48:45 am »

Also I still wonder, why do spiders have 2 eyes and no mandibles? :P And "teeth" in their description...
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 07, 2010, 05:55:53 am »

I think you guys missed part of the eye typo.

In addition to both eyelids only protecting one eye, they also only clean one eye. Basically, both the "cleaning" and the "surrounding" parts have typos, and you missed the one about cleaning.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 07, 2010, 06:00:42 am »

Eh? I see both in the first post.

*Tip* you have to open the spoiler tag. There's no real spoiler in there.

It reads:
- [BP_RELATION:BY_TOKEN:R_EYELID:CLEANS:L_EYE:100]
(Should be [BP_RELATION:BY_TOKEN:R_EYELID:CLEANS:R_EYE:100])
- [BP_RELATION:BY_TOKEN:L_EYELID:AROUND:R_EYE:50]
(Should be [BP_RELATION:BY_TOKEN:L_EYELID:AROUND:L_EYE:50])
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 07, 2010, 06:44:36 am »

Giant cave spider has an error in his poison definition.

[SYN_IMMUNE_CREATURE:SPIDER_CAVE:ALL]
(Should be [SYN_IMMUNE_CREATURE:SPIDER_CAVE_GIANT:ALL])
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5