Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [0.31.01] Broker ignores trade requests  (Read 1886 times)

Urist McDepravity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[0.31.01] Broker ignores trade requests
« on: April 04, 2010, 08:09:08 am »

This is probably more job priorities issue, but still, its 3rd caravan missed due to broker not wanting to go trade. He have all jobs off, except bookkeeping (i turn that to high precision for caravan time) and arsenal managing.
He will trade only if he got completely nothing else to do, including eating, sleeping and drinking (had he wasn't that hungry even, last time). Which is weird with general attitude for over-working.

Spreggo

• Bay Watcher
  • A vile force of darkness has arrived!
    • View Profile
    • skullsprout games
Re: [0.31.01] Broker ignores trade requests
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2010, 10:55:39 am »

Yeah this issue seems to have gotten a lot worse since the last version. I ended up just letting anyone trade so that I could at least get some of the necessities.

cephalo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2010, 11:55:38 am »

This is probably more job priorities issue, but still, its 3rd caravan missed due to broker not wanting to go trade. He have all jobs off, except bookkeeping (i turn that to high precision for caravan time) and arsenal managing.
He will trade only if he got completely nothing else to do, including eating, sleeping and drinking (had he wasn't that hungry even, last time). Which is weird with general attitude for over-working.

I think that high bookkeeping will keep him at his desk! I turned bookkeeping to the lowest when the caravan came, and he immediately went to the depot.
PerfectWorldDF World creator utility for Dwarf Fortress.

My latest forts:
Praisegems - Snarlingtool - Walledwar

Blailus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2010, 11:59:15 am »

I think that high bookkeeping will keep him at his desk! I turned bookkeeping to the lowest when the caravan came, and he immediately went to the depot.

I noticed that this was a problem even in 40d.  I keep mine set low enough to make sure I have a decent count of most things... I honestly don't care if I have 12981412498 stones or 12981412499.  But stuff I have smaller numbers of, weapons, armor, etc... gets counted fine at middle precision.  I wait until later in the game to start going high pres... unless he isn't busy or someone needs attribute gains.

Urist McDepravity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2010, 12:04:11 pm »

Nah, i know about this and therefore turned it from highest to high, so he would stop bookkeeping. He did, but then he went eating, drinking and sleeping.