Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Attend Party - the Silent Killer  (Read 1694 times)

BulMaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok follower
    • View Profile
Attend Party - the Silent Killer
« on: April 04, 2010, 06:53:34 am »

I am sure people have noticed this, but you know how dwarves will try to finish their party job before they go to drink or eat? I've noticed that "Attend Party" has the same effect to the point where I had 3 dwarves die from thirst and 2 from hunger in the party room, a.k.a the dinning hall with it's marvellous Rurkatdir!

A masterfully designed image of Etur Shootexit the dwarf and dwarves in oak by Sodel Athelast. Etur Shootexit is surrounded by the dwarves. The artwork relates to the ascension of the dwarf Etur Shootexit to the position of king of the Pick of Deifying in 291.
It is decorated with oak. This object menaces with spikes of ash. On the item is an image of Lor Seedblockades the dwarf and dwarves in oak. Lor Seedblockades is surrounded by the dwarves. The artwork relates to the ascension of the dwarf Lor Seedblockades to the positiong of king of the Pick of Deifying in 68.

Yeah baby one statue for two kings! Not but on the matter at hand, I think Attend Party should be exempted from don't drink or eat till you are done rule.

At least the saying "party till you drop" finally makes perfect sense  ::)

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Attend Party - the Silent Killer
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2010, 08:29:22 am »

Another good reason to use 'i' to dedicate meeting area. No parties, no deaths.

Though I consider it to be funny that in real life, people die because they had too much alcohol in a party, but in DF dwarves die because they didn't get enough alcohol...  :D
Room Values - !!SCIENCE!!

Quote from: zanchito
You know, they could teach maths like this at school. "There are 105 dwarves in a settlement. A goblin invasion appears and 67 die. Then a migrant wave..."

Krumbs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2010, 09:15:16 am »

This got a good laugh out of me. The idea of dwarven party being people just standing around not drinking or eating until they die.

"Let us party in the statue garden until we are boiled alive by acid rain!"
Only in Dwarf Fortress could you get 4 armed heads scuttling about on cavern roofs.

moki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2010, 09:26:32 am »

"Hey, Urist, let's party! We gonna be soooo sober tonight!"
"Nah, thanks, but I already came late to work today, because I drank to little the night before..."

Dwarven parties are hardcore ;D
But my good sir, the second death was for Dwarven Science!

MTGorilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Professor! Lava! Hot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2010, 10:43:19 am »

"Nah, thanks, but I already came late to work today, because I drank to little the night before..."

Dwarven parties are hardcore ;D

Sigged
Dwarven parties are hardcore