Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [0.31.01]Escaped underworld monsters behaving strangely in history  (Read 1039 times)

Lord_Phoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ok, so most of my escaped underworld monsters behave normally as soon as they escape from the underworld.  They go find themselves a dark tower usually and take it and its inhabitants over. 

However, after a couple hundred years they seem to get bored of being an evil overlord, and wind up moving to a human town and shacking up in a hovel or apartment complex.  They move around from building to building in the human town for the next few centuries, generally going about their lives like they're not a huge, twisted lizard demon with red eyes and deadly fire breath.  They don't kill anyone or appear to shock the locals at all.

Well, that is until you get a quest to kill them from the next town over in adventure mode, and then any residents of the town who see them will attack them once you get there, if they're both part of the same kingdom.

The last escapee like this in one of my worlds was named Licet, who ruled the Spewing Dungeon in Sadhated from 200 something until 400 something, when she moved in with the humans.  She took over from the previous master of the Spewing Dungeon, another demon named Tob Yellowpetals.

Tob was captured by some humans from another town and wound up becoming their Warlord somehow while still being considered a prisoner.  Tob took several journeys out into the wilds while their warlord/prisoner before escaping into the Heroic Plains in 600 something and hasn't done anything at all since.  However, while Tob was master of the Spewing Dungeon, he was the only creature in any of my world's generated so far to have slain a Bronze Colossus (when it attacked Sadhated), getting his leg shattered in the process.  Not sure how he managed that, given that his described special ability is just deadly poison gas.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 02:38:30 am by Lord_Phoenix »