Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [0.31.10] Minor bug with a bronze colossus statue  (Read 588 times)

Shzar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[0.31.10] Minor bug with a bronze colossus statue
« on: April 03, 2010, 11:20:51 pm »

I just killed a bronze colossi in Arena with several dragons. As before, the colossus leaves a masterwork statue. However, the new descriptive naming of idols and statues seem to have not carried over to the colossus; the corpse / statue is named ☼bronze statue of a ☼. The description is similarly odd:

"This is a masterful bronze statue of a created by an unknown artisan. The item is a masterfully designed image of a in bronze."

Additionally, there is another item on the same tile as the statue: a "Bronze Colossus 1's bronze," whatever that is.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 11:46:47 pm by Shzar »
000634 □ [adventure mode][environment]   jumping into water while on fire resulted in steamy death

Rakoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.31.10] Minor bug with a bronze colossus statue
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2010, 12:55:18 am »

The "bronze" is in lieu of meaty chunks - Like when a dwarf is being mauled, and dwarf chunks get scattered everywhere.  Since a bronze colossus is made of bronze, however, it's bronze that's getting left around.

The other stuff makes me giggle though.

municipalis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • There really isn't anything to do there
Re: [0.31.10] Minor bug with a bronze colossus statue
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2010, 01:26:28 am »

I've had this happen too. In most cases, the collusus would die and leave behind a statue of a random animal (a rat, a scorpion, etc.).
We need a common enemy we can magnify into a monster, whisper about, conspire about, hang in effigy.