Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Would you deny others the freedom to enjoy planning waste disposal?

Of course not. Freedom is great.
- 82 (31.4%)
Heavens no! I would never deny others.
- 10 (3.8%)
People should be free to enjoy what they like. I'd never oppose it.
- 29 (11.1%)
I love denying others basic rights so I can be lazy and not edit my .init file.
- 55 (21.1%)
What kind of rigged poll is this? MSNBC has fairer. Also, I am pro-filth.
- 85 (32.6%)

Total Members Voted: 260

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 27

Author Topic: Nothing Sacred Left: Add Sewage Already  (Read 57198 times)

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
  • There be no fortress without its feline rulers!
    • View Profile
Re: Nothing Sacred Left: Add Sewage Already
« Reply #270 on: May 31, 2010, 09:47:47 pm »

Hi!

Since quite a few members, including myself, have voiced concern about the maturity of the forum members who want to have "poo" or "poop" as they prefer to call feces and are therefore reluctant to support it wholeheartedly, the new poll options just confirm our fears that we are dealing with people who are only interested in "putting turds on a stick" and brag about that "great idea". In other words, I don't think that poll is funny or helpful for your cause, but rather helps discredit it.

Deathworks

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: May 31, 2010, 09:56:24 pm »

Hi!

Since quite a few members, including myself, have voiced concern about the maturity of the forum members who want to have "poo" or "poop" as they prefer to call feces and are therefore reluctant to support it wholeheartedly, the new poll options just confirm our fears that we are dealing with people who are only interested in "putting turds on a stick" and brag about that "great idea". In other words, I don't think that poll is funny or helpful for your cause, but rather helps discredit it.

Deathworks

Ironically, that's probably the most important component of your average punji trap.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #272 on: May 31, 2010, 10:00:38 pm »

I'd like to vote "This poll is stupid, I am pro-sewage" but its not an option.

Also the poll is stupid, not funny.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: May 31, 2010, 10:06:05 pm »

Now all you have to do is make anyone who voted for the bottom two vanish, and you will have become Comrad Stalin.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: May 31, 2010, 10:54:19 pm »

Poll is a joke I think. It's still yea or nay. The yeas add up to the same amount as if it had been 1 yea. It's just worded differently. He should have put in, pro-poop but do other things first.
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: May 31, 2010, 11:22:39 pm »

Now all you have to do is make anyone who voted for the bottom two vanish, and you will have become Comrad Stalin.

actually, I'd say hitler jr. Stalin only had the people with influence who opposed him killed.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: June 01, 2010, 12:32:22 am »

In a forum poll, everyone has equal influence unless they descend to cheating over a forum poll. I guess you're both sort of right.
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

EyeOfNundinate

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you remember the lost Nundinates?
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: June 01, 2010, 01:42:28 am »

I chose the middle one, there are pro, and anti-filth, so I'd let them do what they want, if there is an init option for filth just change yes to no.

immibis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: June 01, 2010, 02:35:32 am »

I chose the top one because even though I'm pro-sewage, it makes no difference what I pick if the poll is rigged.
If I wanted ramps I would've designated ramps, dammit!

Greep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: June 01, 2010, 03:00:36 am »

actually, I'd say hitler jr. Stalin only had the people with influence who opposed him killed.

It had to happen.  Hitler brought up in a discussion about poop.

Doppel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: June 01, 2010, 03:08:42 am »

Hi!

Deathworks

One of the poll options is "what kind of rigged poll is this?" I mean, seriously, do you think whoever made the poll cares about its credibility then? And it is funny, certainly when people think this is a democracy. If the countless arguments pro-sewage didn't convince you, then you'll never be convinced, nor will any poll outcome change your mind. Then again, its Toady that needs to be convinced not you anyways, and if he says nay then it'll be nay no matter what.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 03:11:54 am by Doppel »
Doppel has been ecstatic lately. He took joy in playing DF lately. He slept on a rough cave keyboard recently.
He is a member of the Dwarf Fortress Forums.
Doppel likes the color Dark Blue, cats for their aloofness and girls for their silky soft brea beards.
He appreciates art and natural beauty.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #281 on: June 01, 2010, 03:19:59 am »

Hi!

Deathworks

One of the poll options is "what kind of rigged poll is this?" I mean, seriously, do you think whoever made the poll cares about its credibility then? And it is funny, certainly when people think this is a democracy. If the countless arguments pro-sewage didn't convince you, then you'll never be convinced, nor will any poll outcome change your mind. Then again, its Toady that needs to be convinced not you anyways, and if he says nay then it'll be nay no matter what.
What kind of rigged poll is this? MSNBC has fairer. Also, I am pro-filth.

Doppel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: June 01, 2010, 03:28:49 am »

Whats your point?
Doppel has been ecstatic lately. He took joy in playing DF lately. He slept on a rough cave keyboard recently.
He is a member of the Dwarf Fortress Forums.
Doppel likes the color Dark Blue, cats for their aloofness and girls for their silky soft brea beards.
He appreciates art and natural beauty.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #283 on: June 01, 2010, 03:57:39 am »

Nevermind.

labouts

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: June 01, 2010, 06:50:21 am »

It had to happen.  Hitler brought up in a discussion about poop.

Godwin's law held for a discussion about crap in a video game. Amazing.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 27