Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Would you deny others the freedom to enjoy planning waste disposal?

Of course not. Freedom is great.
- 82 (31.4%)
Heavens no! I would never deny others.
- 10 (3.8%)
People should be free to enjoy what they like. I'd never oppose it.
- 29 (11.1%)
I love denying others basic rights so I can be lazy and not edit my .init file.
- 55 (21.1%)
What kind of rigged poll is this? MSNBC has fairer. Also, I am pro-filth.
- 85 (32.6%)

Total Members Voted: 260

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 27

Author Topic: Nothing Sacred Left: Add Sewage Already  (Read 55934 times)

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
  • Riverend's Flame-beater of Earth-Wounders
    • View Profile
Re: Nothing Sacred Left: Add Sewage Already
« Reply #300 on: June 05, 2010, 09:10:28 pm »

This would also add some potential besides infections. For example, in adventure mode, cutting open someones stomach, pulling their intestines out, and squeezing them at the enemies face so as to use them as a waste gun.

I'm not sure you read the OP.
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

Scruga

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McDwarf cancels eat: Interupted by goat
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: June 06, 2010, 01:08:18 am »

This would also add some potential besides infections. For example, in adventure mode, cutting open someones stomach, pulling their intestines out, and squeezing them at the enemies face so as to use them as a waste gun.

He's just showing different ways to get waste out of the creatures, it's an addition which could be included with sewage.
New question! If I were to remove elves [INTELLIGENT] tag in the raws, would it work?
Dwarf Fortress: Where taking a creatures intelligence is an accepted way of modding.

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: June 06, 2010, 03:52:36 am »

He's just showing different ways to get waste out of the creatures, it's an addition which could be included with sewage.

Scruga, to take your post seriously I'd have to eat a cup of salt.
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #303 on: June 06, 2010, 04:11:19 am »

I think the point sonerohi was trying to make, though in a quite silly way, was that the 'guts' body part should contain filth if it is indeed added. This could deepen the wound system, as it could cause massive infection should the guts be pierced and filth leak out internally.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: June 06, 2010, 08:26:59 am »

I think the point sonerohi was trying to make, though in a quite silly way, was that the 'guts' body part should contain filth if it is indeed added. This could deepen the wound system, as it could cause massive infection should the guts be pierced and filth leak out internally.

Of course, he could have said that, but no. He went with "waste gun".
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #305 on: June 06, 2010, 09:49:36 am »

Shh, I'm trying to salvage something out of this. :P

UnLimiTeD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: June 06, 2010, 09:53:11 am »

I'm totally for any kind of excrements, and I don't quite get it how theres no problem with cutting people open and preparing their intestines while they are still partially alive or equally weird and brutal stuff is no problem, but common shit is.
I totally want to organize a sewage system together with automated field fertilization and drainage.
I understand some people don't want it, but some people also don't want sieges or dwarfs eating or skill rust, etc.

Just, how will dirty water act if it comes in contact with clean water?

... How long have I been away?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #307 on: June 06, 2010, 10:20:52 am »

Let me answer your question by asking you a question.

If you knew that your toilet flushed into the same cistern that your drinking water came from, would you drink the water?

I'd imagine contaminated water would contaminate any water it touched unless it was washed downstream in a river or something similar. Maybe pumped into an aquifer, or dumped onto a field.

Silverionmox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: June 06, 2010, 10:51:33 am »

Maybe pumped into an aquifer
That would just as well contaminate the whole aquifer... Not to mention that you can't pump something into an aquifer without pressurized pumps, and the DF kind is not pressurized. Using night soil as fertilizer is common practice in every developed economy before the IR.
Dwarf Fortress cured my savescumming.

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: June 06, 2010, 02:18:00 pm »

I'm totally for any kind of excrements, and I don't quite get it how theres no problem with cutting people open and preparing their intestines while they are still partially alive or equally weird and brutal stuff is no problem, but common shit is.
I totally want to organize a sewage system together with automated field fertilization and drainage.
I understand some people don't want it, but some people also don't want sieges or dwarfs eating or skill rust, etc.

THIS IS AN EXCELLENT QUESTION AND THE REASON WHY I MADE THIS THREAD.

I do not know. I suppose every 1/7th of a filth tile could contaminate a full 7/7 water tile, or such, with filth washing down the sewer's flow. It depends on how Toady goes ahead with liquid combining code, something which he has had on the to-do list for quite some time. I would rather like to see filthy water dilute out to nothingness given a large enough receiving body. Dwarven waste treatment plants anyone? I can see it now, massive embark-tile wide cisterns constantly filling and pumping with a precise recipe of filth and fresh water, carefully measured out in reservoirs, that completely neutralizes the filth before it is pumped back into the fresh water system so many fathoms above.

Scruga

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McDwarf cancels eat: Interupted by goat
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: June 07, 2010, 02:39:01 pm »

THIS IS AN EXCELLENT QUESTION AND THE REASON WHY I MADE THIS THREAD.

I do not know. I suppose every 1/7th of a filth tile could contaminate a full 7/7 water tile, or such, with filth washing down the sewer's flow. It depends on how Toady goes ahead with liquid combining code, something which he has had on the to-do list for quite some time. I would rather like to see filthy water dilute out to nothingness given a large enough receiving body. Dwarven waste treatment plants anyone? I can see it now, massive embark-tile wide cisterns constantly filling and pumping with a precise recipe of filth and fresh water, carefully measured out in reservoirs, that completely neutralizes the filth before it is pumped back into the fresh water system so many fathoms above.
Now I want sewage. You made it dwarfy.

/thread
New question! If I were to remove elves [INTELLIGENT] tag in the raws, would it work?
Dwarf Fortress: Where taking a creatures intelligence is an accepted way of modding.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: June 07, 2010, 03:10:25 pm »

C'mon, not a one of you thought about stomping on someone's intestines to splatter everything out at someone?
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: June 08, 2010, 11:16:37 am »

Capture elves and goblins and imprison them in the cesspits.
That should give them time to reflect on their sins against dwarfkind.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #313 on: June 08, 2010, 11:37:12 am »

C'mon, not a one of you thought about stomping on someone's intestines to splatter everything out at someone?
No...

caknuck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: June 08, 2010, 03:53:28 pm »

After catching up with this thread, I have thought of a few additional reasons to implement poop...

1) Forgotten beasts will be a little more awesome: "Beware of its acrid feces!"
2) Potash makers will become more useful. Change their title to Fertilizer maker, add a reaction to combine potash and manure to make fertilizer. You can also add the ability to fertilize crops with potash, manure or fertilizer.
3) I don't advocate giving adventurers the ability to squeeze one out whenever they want. Consider it abstracted into traveling. However, adventurers exploring sewers should have the option of flinging poo.
4) Poop gods? "Consider feces."
Quote from: Primary
*Kneels before Urist Dickpuncher*
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 27