Deadly Rain, No Lava
- 21 (14.2%)
Normal Rain, Lava
- 37 (25%)
Normal Rain, No Lava
- 78 (52.7%)

Total Members Voted: 124

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: [0.31.01] 'Deadly Rain' Test and Report  (Read 16836 times)

thijser

• Bay Watcher
  • You to cut down a tree in order to make an axe!
    • View Profile
Re: [0.31.01] 'Deadly Rain' Test and Report
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2010, 02:49:04 pm »

You should upload that save.
I'm not a native English speaker. Feel free to point out grammar/spelling mistakes. This way I can learn better English.

Asehujiko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2010, 06:41:46 am »

I have a save of a fort mid-destruction by rain that makes everything's upper body go missing and nothing else. My animals and 2 dwarves are dead and the other 5 die within minutes of loading the save. No exposed magma, 31.12, no mods, no extreme biome. Should I send it to Toady for further investigation or does he already have a gazzilion of those?
Code: [Select]
Tremble, mortal, and despair! Doom has come to this world!
.....EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EE.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E.EE.EE.E.EE.
......E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE...E.EEE.
.☺..EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE..E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EE.EE..E.E
.....E..E.E.E.E.E.EE.E.E.EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE.EE.EEE...E
....E.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E..EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE..E.E..EE

necrodoom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2010, 08:43:43 am »

I have a save of a fort mid-destruction by rain that makes everything's upper body go missing and nothing else. My animals and 2 dwarves are dead and the other 5 die within minutes of loading the save. No exposed magma, 31.12, no mods, no extreme biome. Should I send it to Toady for further investigation or does he already have a gazzilion of those?

when someone dies, his body gets deleted and drops a corpse based on severed parts. the reason it says "his upper body is gone" because everything is attached to the upper body, so you can safely read "his upper body is gone" as "his whole body is gone" or "is dead"

thijser

• Bay Watcher
  • You to cut down a tree in order to make an axe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2010, 09:50:42 am »

A 31.12 version doing this is bad give it to toady quick. Or was this a fort you upgraded from before it was supposed to be fixed?
I'm not a native English speaker. Feel free to point out grammar/spelling mistakes. This way I can learn better English.

NotPete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2010, 10:19:18 am »

I just got a much needed immigrant wave, it started to rain, I saved, then everyone started to bleed to death. It started with the many war dogs I have milling about, then some of the immigrants and other dwarfs caught out in the rain. Then the game politely crashed.
Something that I found interesting was that any of the people/animals that where bleeding did not have any of their limbs wounded, but in the description page it said what was bleeding.
I have lava uncovered and I'm playing 31.16

Is there a way that I can keep the fortress without everyone bleeding out?
Pages: 1 2 [3]