Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [31.01] Dwarfs relieved from squad are removed from the work-force entirely  (Read 1146 times)

LumenPlacidum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I just had a problem where my whole population was in a squad, and they wouldn't stop training.  I removed them from the squad, which didn't make them get back to work.  I removed the barracks designation from a weapon rack, which made them stop.

However, now none of them have jobs, but I'm listed as having 0 idlers and they refuse to do anything but mill around the meeting area.

ArPharazon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Have you tried saving and reloading? I had the same problem as you, I *think* it's fixed with saving.

Foxbyte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Have you tried saving and reloading? I had the same problem as you, I *think* it's fixed with saving.

I've saved and reloaded several times, didn't seem to work.
There is an engraving of three dwarves in a dining room. The third dwarf is a soaper.

Time Kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • Evil Spirit
    • View Profile

General tab of them, and p for proffesions to rehilight perhaps?

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

General tab of them, and p for proffesions to rehilight perhaps?

I have the same bug. I just tried your suggestion and it doesn't work.

I'm really curious how Toady didn't encounter this bug.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

I have a pair of immigrants that I drafted into an already malfunctioning squad. They immediately went to training, only preforming solo combat drills even though there were two of them present. Squad leader wouldn't train at all, even after fiddling with alert states and yadda yadda.

Neither of the two would stop training, until I completely removed the armor stand.

Now they've gone back to where they entered the map at initially and are just wandering around. Like others have posted, I get 0 ildes while both of them have no job listed in their general tab.

What's funny is there's a huge patch of sand near where they came in at that I never noticed before...which makes me think this has been happening way more often than I realized.

The bums are also ignored room designations, sleeping in rooms owned by other people. I guess dwarven justice will have to supplant a workaround for now.

When I put them back in a squad and rebuilt a training facility, they immediately went back to their training routine. Seems like it's not correctly clearing military assignments.

I'm really curious how Toady didn't encounter this bug.

Because he decided to address it after release probably. No wait, it must have been specifically to fill you with rage. That must be it.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 12:46:30 am by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti