Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [31.01] My Dwarf has broken.  (Read 819 times)

Deimos56

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: unicorpion]
    • View Profile
[31.01] My Dwarf has broken.
« on: April 03, 2010, 05:07:56 pm »

I'm not entirely sure what has occurred here, myself. I grabbed a random immigrant blacksmith (note: still with immigrant status. Not sure how this may have affected him) and stuck him in the militia with another guy (who actually does something.). At first he just kind of goofed around (individual combat training that does nothing)... then I tried to make them do something effective training-wise.

He is now labeled as having no job. The idler count in the corner lists the number of idle dwarves minus one- him. When he's the only idler, there are no idlers. He does nothing- ever. I'm not even entirely certain that he eats anymore. He won't do civilian work, he won't follow military orders, and more importantly, when I tried to pull him out of the militia and put him in his own squad for execution purposes... he crashed Dwarf fortress altogether.

Any thoughts?
I'm curious what the barely conscious ai wrote about.
Well that went better than expected.  He went nuts and punched a rabbit to death, then the dogs and the whole dining hall ripped him to shreds.

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [31.01] My Dwarf has broken.
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2010, 10:05:28 pm »

I'm not entirely sure what has occurred here, myself. I grabbed a random immigrant blacksmith (note: still with immigrant status. Not sure how this may have affected him) and stuck him in the militia with another guy (who actually does something.). At first he just kind of goofed around (individual combat training that does nothing)... then I tried to make them do something effective training-wise.

He is now labeled as having no job. The idler count in the corner lists the number of idle dwarves minus one- him. When he's the only idler, there are no idlers. He does nothing- ever. I'm not even entirely certain that he eats anymore. He won't do civilian work, he won't follow military orders, and more importantly, when I tried to pull him out of the militia and put him in his own squad for execution purposes... he crashed Dwarf fortress altogether.

Any thoughts?

The military is total broken garbage right now. Just wall yourself in and pray the best. Putting dwarves in the military ruins them permanently for a lot of people.