Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 26

Author Topic: Underground exploration! First Post Updated  (Read 39935 times)

FluffyToast J

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Underground exploration! First Post Updated
« Reply #195 on: April 04, 2010, 11:49:11 pm »

Ugh, cannot find the next passage down. I've been wondering around down here at the second level for about two to three ingame days now.

Mythos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 04, 2010, 11:50:48 pm »

Hmmm... is it possible to gain the worship of people? I imagine after single handedly killing 267 elves there's got to be at least a couple people worshipping me as the incarnation of some god of death or war.
So, I tediously awaited the arrival of the dwarven caravan (I'm set up on a island, see)... And, they came. My fingers tingled, my nose twitched and my toes tickled... they came around the corner, over my bridge... Into my courtyard... Onto my trade depot...

Then everything near it exploded in a cloud of blood.

Kamudo

• Bay Watcher
  • [SO_FLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: April 04, 2010, 11:53:04 pm »

I have no idea, Mythos. O_o

I'm about to take Savepowers into the underground, via my old fort. Instant access to layer 3. =D

It's pretty funny having crundles run around on the surface around the fort, same with cave crocodiles, plump helmet men, and other things. >.>

And that would be badass to be worshiped as a god. O:
Lisidadil - A story of one of my first forts.

The continual tale of survival in a harsh land of hate, Fun, betrayal, love, and maybe a random elf or two... If we're unlucky.

h3lblad3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 05, 2010, 12:02:12 am »

Aslot Blindedterrors.
Goblin.

Having been sent on a suicide mission to kill a bronze colossus, Aslot found herself beating things to death with a recently acquired Troglodyte head that she'd manage to rip off with her bare hands.

Sadly, after having ripped an elkbird's right horn off and killing it, another beat the snodub out of her.
The cave crocodile that came next didn't help.
Nor did her finally finding the colossus.

Aslot now seeks to find little holes here and there in the cave that she can sleep in to heal.
She runs from one to another, fleeing everything.

On the bright side she kicked and bit a troglodyte til she RIPPED ITS HEAD OFF WITH HER TEETH.

Goblins are hardcore.
I was talking about importing alimunim.
And we were hypothesising about the sexual relations between elves and trees.

katroclopse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: April 05, 2010, 12:14:52 am »

Hello:
     I have been exploring the deep with your save Mythos--posted a little while ago--; I must thank you for posting your save, my world had no cave sites and my attempt at fort mining down was not producing results.
     It would seem that the great deep is an odd and barren place once you get running around.  I have spent most of my time fleeing packs of fun things while making my way to the center of the world map.
     To further the progress of the bestiary--and perhaps the wiki should someone pass-by this post with such improving inclinations--, I will attach a copy of the game log entries while running around with Mytho's adventurer.  I have died a few times so I apologize for any data that seems redundant.  I have used Megaupload to upload the text-file simply because it doesn't require an account and I am to lazy/unwilling to make one with DFFD. The log does contain what some would consider spoilers.

Link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NRCCJJJF

Mythos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: April 05, 2010, 12:17:45 am »

Hello:
     I have been exploring the deep with your save Mythos--posted a little while ago--; I must thank you for posting your save, my world had no cave sites and my attempt at fort mining down was not producing results.
     It would seem that the great deep is an odd and barren place once you get running around.  I have spent most of my time fleeing packs of fun things while making my way to the center of the world map.
     To further the progress of the bestiary--and perhaps the wiki should someone pass-by this post with such improving inclinations--, I will attach a copy of the game log entries while running around with Mytho's adventurer.  I have died a few times so I apologize for any data that seems redundant.  I have used Megaupload to upload the text-file simply because it doesn't require an account and I am to lazy/unwilling to make one with DFFD. The log does contain what some would consider spoilers.

Link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NRCCJJJF

Great, I'm glad to see you're enjoying it and it's helping you out. Thanks for the logs, they'll probably come in handy for filling out the bestiary and possibly even helping the wiki.
So, I tediously awaited the arrival of the dwarven caravan (I'm set up on a island, see)... And, they came. My fingers tingled, my nose twitched and my toes tickled... they came around the corner, over my bridge... Into my courtyard... Onto my trade depot...

FluffyToast J

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: April 05, 2010, 12:18:19 am »

Blaaah. Sil drowned after I misjudged the distance required to swim. T.T

Oh well, here I go again.

Kamudo

• Bay Watcher
  • [SO_FLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: April 05, 2010, 12:19:52 am »

Oh wow, I completely forgot about the wiki. -Facepalms-

I've been editing the first page, adding creatures. We should probably just go and add all of this information to the wiki, yeah?

The continual tale of survival in a harsh land of hate, Fun, betrayal, love, and maybe a random elf or two... If we're unlucky.

alphawolf29

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: April 05, 2010, 12:20:57 am »

Hm. I jumped off a 2 z-level cliff, which i figured wouldnt kill  me. except i got stuck. in midair.  :(

Mythos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: April 05, 2010, 12:21:12 am »

Oh wow, I completely forgot about the wiki. -Facepalms-

I've been editing the first page, adding creatures. We should probably just go and add all of this information to the wiki, yeah?

That would certainly be a good idea. Once this guy is ready to go into the deeps (just need to finish getting equipment) I'll start taking some screenshots of the various creatures too.

Kamudo

• Bay Watcher
  • [SO_FLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: April 05, 2010, 12:23:49 am »

Yeah, would we add an entry under Adventurer mode, for the underground, or what? I actually don't visit the wiki, so I dunno. At least we gathered quite a bit of information. ='D

Mythos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: April 05, 2010, 12:24:46 am »

Yeah, would we add an entry under Adventurer mode, for the underground, or what? I actually don't visit the wiki, so I dunno. At least we gathered quite a bit of information. ='D

Well, for the creatures, we'd need to actually make them their own articles (assuming they don't have them already).

Kamudo

• Bay Watcher
  • [SO_FLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: April 05, 2010, 12:27:22 am »

Yeah. True. I'll let other people have the honor of adding shit to the wiki. I'm happy with my Adventure mode thread.

Mythos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: April 05, 2010, 12:37:55 am »

So far I've made articles for the Batmen and Crundles, though it's pretty basic. Just the description from the game and some basic adventure mode info.

Kamudo

• Bay Watcher
  • [SO_FLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: April 05, 2010, 12:42:51 am »

Well, go ahead and use whatever is on the first page. I'm continually updating it, as I'm playing Savepowers, slaying stuff underground, and taking notes.

There's quite a few monster entries on the first page now.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 26