Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 26

Author Topic: Underground exploration! First Post Updated  (Read 39960 times)

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
  • A Dwarven Demon, yeah, he is pissed.
    • View Profile
Re: Underground exploration! First Post Updated
« Reply #150 on: April 04, 2010, 08:28:50 pm »

Mythos:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Alright, Meanmelter.
also, proficient striking is when you can start falcon punching shit and making them squirm around. Stomach blows are great as they wait 1-2 turns vomiting all over the place and possibly passing out. That Yeti Demon went through this.
huh. took a bunch of sleeping pills and slept in a pharmacist, wake up, i am now albino. 
Story of my life.

Mythos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 04, 2010, 08:42:27 pm »

Mythos:

Alright, Meanmelter.
also, proficient striking is when you can start falcon punching shit and making them squirm around. Stomach blows are great as they wait 1-2 turns vomiting all over the place and possibly passing out. That Yeti Demon went through this.

Well, I tried again, and kept getting killed. I might reload the save sometime and try again, or once I've made a great fortress make some adamantine gear and leave it for another adventurer to make the journey. Anyway, Meanmelter, you've made me want to make a striker character...
So, I tediously awaited the arrival of the dwarven caravan (I'm set up on a island, see)... And, they came. My fingers tingled, my nose twitched and my toes tickled... they came around the corner, over my bridge... Into my courtyard... Onto my trade depot...

Then everything near it exploded in a cloud of blood.

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 04, 2010, 09:03:06 pm »

Mythos:

Alright, Meanmelter.

Well, I tried again, and kept getting killed. I might reload the save sometime and try again, or once I've made a great fortress make some adamantine gear and leave it for another adventurer to make the journey. Anyway, Meanmelter, you've made me want to make a striker character...
It's fun, unless a biting creature shakes you around, it's the true weakness, so some wrestling will help
huh. took a bunch of sleeping pills and slept in a pharmacist, wake up, i am now albino. 
Story of my life.

Mythos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 04, 2010, 09:05:32 pm »

Mythos:

Alright, Meanmelter.

It's fun, unless a biting creature shakes you around, it's the true weakness, so some wrestling will help

I've tried it, and it seems like wrestling is a requirement. Beating them up never managed to kill them: it reduced them to a useless gibbering mess, but I never got a killing blow. Once they're in that state, however, with some wrestling I could probably just tear their head off (literally).
So, I tediously awaited the arrival of the dwarven caravan (I'm set up on a island, see)... And, they came. My fingers tingled, my nose twitched and my toes tickled... they came around the corner, over my bridge... Into my courtyard... Onto my trade depot...

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 04, 2010, 09:08:08 pm »

Mythos, could you upload that save?  I just don't have the patience to make my way all the way down.

Sure. It's a human swordsman, with a full set of exceptional quality bronze gear. Should be good enough to get you through, I made it to the pits. Just a tip:

I can't think of any free file uploaders, are you aware of one?

Mediafire is the best, it doesn't hassle you to buy a premium account.
Shoes...

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 04, 2010, 09:09:37 pm »

Mythos:

Alright, Meanmelter.

I've tried it, and it seems like wrestling is a requirement. Beating them up never managed to kill them: it reduced them to a useless gibbering mess, but I never got a killing blow. Once they're in that state, however, with some wrestling I could probably just tear their head off (literally).
Well, I don't kill half of them anyway. I stun them horribly, Grab them, and start smashing, and punching them in the face. Wait untill you get brain matter everywhere.
Story of my life.

Frogwarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 04, 2010, 09:13:38 pm »

Mythos, could you upload that save?  I just don't have the patience to make my way all the way down.

Sure. It's a human swordsman, with a full set of exceptional quality bronze gear. Should be good enough to get you through, I made it to the pits. Just a tip:

http://dffd.wimbli.com/
for all your df uploading needs
Lately, I'm proud of MAGMA LANDMINES:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91789.0
And been a bit smug over generating a world with an elephant monster that got 87763 sentient kills.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=104354.0

Mythos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 04, 2010, 09:19:26 pm »

http://dffd.wimbli.com/
for all your df uploading needs

I feel like a dumbass here, but how do I just upload a folder? It won't let me, it only works if I just pick a file.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 04, 2010, 09:22:14 pm »

Use Winrar to make it a .rar file and upload that.
Shoes...

Mythos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 04, 2010, 09:26:45 pm »

Use Winrar to make it a .rar file and upload that.

Duh, not sure why I didn't think to do that. Anyway, here you go: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=1984

Just get rid of your old save folder (delete it or just temporarily move it out) and put that one in. Or you could just rename the "region1" folder to one not used, either way works.

Frogwarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 04, 2010, 09:29:33 pm »

Adventurer's Log
Well, this is it, the long trek! I've descended once more through the bronze-colossus-infested cave above. I believe... this way is north, towards the mountains, so this way I will head.
And I have with me the ear and blood of a dwarf, to give me luck on my journey. Pity the colossus couldn't kill him, so I had to do the job myself. That's one dwarven civilization I'll never show my face in again!
Nothing left but to put on some music and set off.
Lately, I'm proud of MAGMA LANDMINES:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91789.0
And been a bit smug over generating a world with an elephant monster that got 87763 sentient kills.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=104354.0

Kamudo

• Bay Watcher
  • [SO_FLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 04, 2010, 09:31:52 pm »

That thumb will probably lead to your death. >_>
Lisidadil - A story of one of my first forts.

The continual tale of survival in a harsh land of hate, Fun, betrayal, love, and maybe a random elf or two... If we're unlucky.

Mythos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 04, 2010, 09:33:22 pm »

"And alas, poor Besti finally fell at the footsteps of Hell itself... was it from a hideous monster? A grievous injury? Nay, poor Besti was felled by an infected thumb."

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 04, 2010, 09:41:43 pm »

wow my lower right arm got infected...
Story of my life.

Mythos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 04, 2010, 09:44:24 pm »

Striking doesn't seem terribly lethal... I'm up to Accomplished, and I still can't do anything more than bruising people.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 26