Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 26

Author Topic: Underground exploration! First Post Updated  (Read 39947 times)

Kamudo

• Bay Watcher
  • [SO_FLY]
    • View Profile
Re: Underground exploration! First Post Updated
« Reply #135 on: April 04, 2010, 07:50:49 pm »

Wow. A Cream Demon. That puts so many bad images in my head.

And nah, I think the trudge down there is half the fun. Makes it more rewarding in my opinion.

I see, Meanmelter, I'll have to test this. I was mostly putting what I thought was absolutely necessary. Like, Swimming.
Lisidadil - A story of one of my first forts.

The continual tale of survival in a harsh land of hate, Fun, betrayal, love, and maybe a random elf or two... If we're unlucky.

Mythos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 04, 2010, 07:55:50 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
So, I tediously awaited the arrival of the dwarven caravan (I'm set up on a island, see)... And, they came. My fingers tingled, my nose twitched and my toes tickled... they came around the corner, over my bridge... Into my courtyard... Onto my trade depot...

Then everything near it exploded in a cloud of blood.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 04, 2010, 07:57:19 pm »

That is indeed a very nice underworld theme...   Enough to inspire me to look for a few more.

This is a classic, but it's a little more on-edge than Behold the Darkness.

Actually, a lot of the theme music from Diablo could probably apply.  I mean, just listen to this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbJcv2w2soY

Although, again, this stuff is a little more aciton-oriented.  If you feel fine just exploring around in a relatively docile cavern, it won't work too well.  If you're tense, scared for your life and fighting off ambush after ambush...  It's gold.

EDIT:  Actually, "Dungeon" is probably more suitable than "Caves".  "Catacombs" is also quite nice.

Mythos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 04, 2010, 08:04:56 pm »

So, I tediously awaited the arrival of the dwarven caravan (I'm set up on a island, see)... And, they came. My fingers tingled, my nose twitched and my toes tickled... they came around the corner, over my bridge... Into my courtyard... Onto my trade depot...

Kamudo

• Bay Watcher
  • [SO_FLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 04, 2010, 08:11:12 pm »

Thanks Kagus. =D

Behold the Darkness just felt like an overall exploration theme, like, traveling through the dark, not knowing what you'll see.

Like, if I was under attack by swarms of creatures, I would probably try to change it up to something more action orientated.

Mythos: Good luck. Did you see any,

They make me fear for my very existence. ;-;

The continual tale of survival in a harsh land of hate, Fun, betrayal, love, and maybe a random elf or two... If we're unlucky.

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
  • A Dwarven Demon, yeah, he is pissed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 04, 2010, 08:13:28 pm »

Here is an Image I took before I am about to (re-enter) the caves, I am going in with proficient dodge,striker, and adept fighter. the only defense skill i have is shield, which I don't have.

He flashes a mortal wound, and he is vomiting like a mad-man.
huh. took a bunch of sleeping pills and slept in a pharmacist, wake up, i am now albino. 
Story of my life.

Mythos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 04, 2010, 08:15:29 pm »

Frogwarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 04, 2010, 08:16:02 pm »

Well, I'm gonna be a moron and wander into the underworld without much training. Human axeman. I wandered around for a bit and killed some troglodytes, a cave croc or two, and such, got a dwarf ally, killed him and sold his stuff for better stuff and like 100 food, and am now ready to get my ass handed to me.

I'll keep you posted.
Lately, I'm proud of MAGMA LANDMINES:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91789.0
And been a bit smug over generating a world with an elephant monster that got 87763 sentient kills.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=104354.0

Kamudo

• Bay Watcher
  • [SO_FLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 04, 2010, 08:18:52 pm »

Mythos:

Oh wow, you're right, Meanmelter. O:

Does Striking use the Wrestling command menu? If it does, that would be really useful.

Sounds fun, Frog Warrior. Keep us updated. =D

Mythos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 04, 2010, 08:20:04 pm »

Mythos:

Oh wow, you're right, Meanmelter. O:

Does Striking use the Wrestling command menu? If it does, that would be really useful.

Sounds fun, Frog Warrior. Keep us updated. =D

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 04, 2010, 08:20:43 pm »

Mythos, could you upload that save?  I just don't have the patience to make my way all the way down.
Shoes...

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
  • A Dwarven Demon, yeah, he is pissed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 04, 2010, 08:22:04 pm »

also, don't create a puncher with proficient armor or shield, as you will only get rope reed clothing.
huh. took a bunch of sleeping pills and slept in a pharmacist, wake up, i am now albino. 
Story of my life.

Mythos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 04, 2010, 08:24:52 pm »

Mythos, could you upload that save?  I just don't have the patience to make my way all the way down.

Sure. It's a human swordsman, with a full set of exceptional quality bronze gear. Should be good enough to get you through, I made it to the pits. Just a tip:

I can't think of any free file uploaders, are you aware of one?

Kamudo

• Bay Watcher
  • [SO_FLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 04, 2010, 08:25:58 pm »

Mythos:

Alright, Meanmelter.

Mythos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 04, 2010, 08:27:11 pm »

Mythos:

Alright, Meanmelter.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 26