Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 26

Author Topic: Underground exploration! First Post Updated  (Read 39936 times)

Mythos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Underground exploration!
« Reply #105 on: April 04, 2010, 06:14:57 pm »

I'm not entirely sure, Mythos.

Layer three has trees from all previous layers. So, you may be on layer 3.

I'm almost done with the first post. I'll add more later. I just want to get basic crap in.

Randall: No one has seen any, as far as I'm aware.

I'm definitely close. I found a cliff going down and saved my game, then jumped off. After two falls that left me barely alive, I was seeing nether caps and blood thorns. I'm just trying to find a safer way down.

EDIT: And what do you know, I've made it down through absurd luck. I somehow managed to make a 2 z-level drop and then a 3 z-level drop with no injuries whatsoever.

EDIT 2: Adamantine. I'm close. Very close.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 06:22:43 pm by Mythos »
So, I tediously awaited the arrival of the dwarven caravan (I'm set up on a island, see)... And, they came. My fingers tingled, my nose twitched and my toes tickled... they came around the corner, over my bridge... Into my courtyard... Onto my trade depot...

Then everything near it exploded in a cloud of blood.

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
  • Innocence proves nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 04, 2010, 06:22:48 pm »

I just ran out of food- My only hope is that i`ll manage to get at least to the magma. Two times i discovered an entrance to it; But there where no down ramps.

Preparing for my seppuku.

Mythos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 04, 2010, 06:24:10 pm »

I just ran out of food- My only hope is that i`ll manage to get at least to the magma. Two times i discovered an entrance to it; But there where no down ramps.

Preparing for my seppuku.

Well, if you're planning suicide, a down ramp is unnecessary. Just alt+move off the edge.

EDIT: My first signs of life! I've found a small tribe of Cave Swallow (wo)Men. Not very useful since they're too slow for me and I have plenty of food, but interesting.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 06:25:54 pm by Mythos »
So, I tediously awaited the arrival of the dwarven caravan (I'm set up on a island, see)... And, they came. My fingers tingled, my nose twitched and my toes tickled... they came around the corner, over my bridge... Into my courtyard... Onto my trade depot...

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
  • A Dwarven Demon, yeah, he is pissed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 04, 2010, 06:27:49 pm »

Has anyone ran into any forgotten beasts down there cause that would be pretty cool?
I think? but It was dead.
Anyways. Can someone test punching demons? I am on a killing spree with these things, punching there hearts out and shit. Though I am going to die of starvation, so I gunned out of that pit hole with three chaser's to the ant civilization.
huh. took a bunch of sleeping pills and slept in a pharmacist, wake up, i am now albino. 
Story of my life.

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 04, 2010, 06:28:02 pm »

Oh, no, i won`t jump off a cliff. I will put my stuff to the ground, next to a tree and will set it on fire. I might starve, or burn, or getting killed..

(The game needs an "Kill yourself" command.)

Edit: Another cavern! Aye, level 3 now.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 06:31:17 pm by Lordinquisitor »

Mythos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 04, 2010, 06:31:02 pm »

Oh, no, i won`t jump off a cliff. I will put my stuff to the ground, next to a tree and will set it on fire. I might starve, or burn, or getting killed..

(The game needs an "Kill yourself" command.

That's what "Give into Starvation" is. The "Kill Yourself" command. And Kamudo, nice work on the guide. This is probably sticky-deserving, since the caverns are a pretty complex thing. It's a shame this world has nearly empty cavern systems, I probably could have contributed to the bestiary considering how far down I am.

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
  • A Dwarven Demon, yeah, he is pissed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 04, 2010, 06:31:38 pm »

I'd rather jump into the glowing pits...holy crap...I must jump into the pits, FOR SCIENCE! has anyone done this before?
huh. took a bunch of sleeping pills and slept in a pharmacist, wake up, i am now albino. 
Story of my life.

Mythos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 04, 2010, 06:32:21 pm »

I'd rather jump into the glowing pits...holy crap...I must jump into the pits, FOR SCIENCE! has anyone done this before?

Almost completely sure it just behaves like you jumped into a bottomless pit (i.e, instant death).

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Underground exploration! First Post Updated
« Reply #113 on: April 04, 2010, 06:33:39 pm »

Another hint:

Check often whether you are on the ground or not. There are many ways to stumble in the caves.

Kamudo

• Bay Watcher
  • [SO_FLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 04, 2010, 06:34:01 pm »

LordInquisitor: That would be, Escape and then give into Starvation. >.>

Mythos: Good. If you're seeing Adamantine, you're getting very close.

First post is... Somewhat edited. Tell me what you think, kay?

I know it needs to be worked on a lot better, but I have other pressing matters to attend to.

Edit: Damn, this thread is moving fast. >.>
Lisidadil - A story of one of my first forts.

The continual tale of survival in a harsh land of hate, Fun, betrayal, love, and maybe a random elf or two... If we're unlucky.

Mythos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 04, 2010, 06:38:01 pm »

Just in case you're interested in adding the tribes to the bestiary, here's one:

Cave Swallow Man: An armless man with the wings and head of a bird. Lives underground.
Information: A friendly tribe, you can find tiny villages of them. They come in two varieties, blowgunners and spearmen. Despite their lack of arms, they use their weapons perfectly fine. They'll join you if you ask, and feel free to take their food. They don't mind.

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 04, 2010, 06:45:21 pm »

I just... drowned.

On level 3 there were quite many pools and one was too big- Oh well, he was hungry, drowsy and thirsty anyway.

Kamudo

• Bay Watcher
  • [SO_FLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 04, 2010, 06:49:29 pm »

Thank you Mythos.

I'll make different sections.

They'll be in spoilers, to save room.

I think I'll just play adventurers for a while, to fill up the Bestiary or something.

The continual tale of survival in a harsh land of hate, Fun, betrayal, love, and maybe a random elf or two... If we're unlucky.

Mythos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 04, 2010, 06:54:49 pm »

I've found my second chunk of Adamantine, yet I can't find a way to get any lower... not even a cliff I can desperately leap off of.

Kamudo

• Bay Watcher
  • [SO_FLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 04, 2010, 06:57:27 pm »

You can't go much lower. Try to find a mysterious construction. >_>

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 26