Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 26

Author Topic: Underground exploration! First Post Updated  (Read 39892 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: Underground exploration!
« Reply #45 on: April 04, 2010, 02:12:33 am »

Stop making me jealous.  I wandered for like three hours and never even got to the second layer.  I saw a lot of plump helmets and spiderwebs and mud, and that was about it.  I finally jumped down a hole only to find there was no way out and set some plump helmets on fire and cooked myself then I made a really long run-on sentence about it.
Shoes...

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 04, 2010, 02:17:58 am »

Seriously, where are you people finding these awesome doorways to the other side of the Flat Earth?  I haven't gotten past one layer, because there just isn't another way down.  Not without swimming at least, and then I'd probably be underwater the whole way.

Although I remember Toady saying something about being able to control the thickness of each layer in worldgen.  To the options!
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Kamudo

• Bay Watcher
  • [SO_FLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 04, 2010, 02:23:46 am »

I just wandered around a lot. >.>

For several hours.

Now I'm just being lazy, and digging in fort mode. xD
Lisidadil - A story of one of my first forts.

The continual tale of survival in a harsh land of hate, Fun, betrayal, love, and maybe a random elf or two... If we're unlucky.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 04, 2010, 02:50:40 am »

Well, for the first time I got a "You have discovered a cavern" message when I was already underground.  I assume that means it's a path to another layer.  Lo and behold it's full of water.  Onward and downward.
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Kamudo

• Bay Watcher
  • [SO_FLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 04, 2010, 03:03:34 am »

I tend to ignore those messages. >.> I don't ever see anything.

I just ran into a swarm of blood men.

Consulting the Dwarfy-dex, it says,

"Blood men. A man shaped abomination made entirely out of blood. These creatures are only found very near the underworld."

Also, I like saying Dwarfy-dex. =D Like a Poke-dex. >.> For checking the description of pokemon. >.> -Uses my Dwarfy-dex for checking the description of DF monsters-

EDIT:

I just ran into a swarm of creeping eyes. >.>

They're a 10 on the WTF-o-meter.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 03:11:59 am by Kamudo »

The continual tale of survival in a harsh land of hate, Fun, betrayal, love, and maybe a random elf or two... If we're unlucky.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 04, 2010, 03:14:54 am »

I found a "gorlak", which is apparently a giant mouth with limbs.  Then a really long narrow rampway down to Level 2.  Aside from some new "trees", I haven't seen much.  But I'm learnding.

Kamudo

• Bay Watcher
  • [SO_FLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 04, 2010, 03:17:53 am »

Awesome. o:

I got stuck on top of a tree when attempting to cliff jump. At least my fort pierced down to level 3, so I have pretty much instant access to level 3. Below that, if I dig further, is pretty much just seas of magma. =/

Beeskee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 04, 2010, 09:03:39 am »

I found an entrance to the underground inside a cave. I would imagine there are entrances directly on the surface too, but check some nearby caves.
When a wizard is tired of looking for broken glass in his dinner, he is tired of life.

LumenPlacidum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 04, 2010, 11:25:58 am »

So what, we have two people who have found their way down past the first level of caverns?  I've been wandering around for hours and haven't found a path yet.

Asra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 04, 2010, 11:27:38 am »

I too have found a path. I managed to pierce into it with a dwarf fortress, then went in and lo and behold there were some around a massive magma vent.

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
  • Innocence proves nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 04, 2010, 11:37:14 am »

I`m unable to find cave entrances in the adventure mode. Yes, i get quests and thus locations of caves but as soon as i`m there i just don`t find the cave entrances..^^

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 04, 2010, 12:45:06 pm »

Sometimes there isn't one, I see that occasionally.  They're not necessarily on the ground floor, circle every Z-level of the hill until you find a path leading inside.
Shoes...

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
  • A Dwarven Demon, yeah, he is pissed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 04, 2010, 12:49:50 pm »

When I get a legendary fighter and striker (super falcon punch 1 hitter) I will go to the Pits of hell and punch Satan in the fucking face...FOR SCIENCE!
huh. took a bunch of sleeping pills and slept in a pharmacist, wake up, i am now albino. 
Story of my life.

Mythos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 04, 2010, 12:57:11 pm »

When I get a legendary fighter and striker (super falcon punch 1 hitter) I will go to the Pits of hell and punch Satan in the fucking face...FOR SCIENCE!

Or do it for Courage Wolf. (yes, I found this randomly on the internet. I love the internet...)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
So, I tediously awaited the arrival of the dwarven caravan (I'm set up on a island, see)... And, they came. My fingers tingled, my nose twitched and my toes tickled... they came around the corner, over my bridge... Into my courtyard... Onto my trade depot...

Then everything near it exploded in a cloud of blood.

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
  • A Dwarven Demon, yeah, he is pissed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 04, 2010, 12:59:08 pm »

Or do it for Courage Wolf. (yes, I found this randomly on the internet. I love the internet...)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
fuck science and fuck courage wolf, I'll do it, because Armok told me too! and he also told me to never come back unless I carry Satan's corpse to the surface!
huh. took a bunch of sleeping pills and slept in a pharmacist, wake up, i am now albino. 
Story of my life.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 26