Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 26

Author Topic: Underground exploration! First Post Updated  (Read 39931 times)

Mythos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Underground exploration! First Post Updated
« Reply #180 on: April 04, 2010, 10:42:33 pm »

Morning, 14th Granite, 40
Hello, diary! This is Sil Tetmubo! I've decided to go on an adventure! I've got my trusty axe, as well as some food and drink, but I dont think I'll be gone that long. I talked to Rere Piduddonu, and asked him to join me. He also has an axe! I think we'll get along just great! I talked to some child, they said there was a cave northwest about half a days walk. He said something about a pienops or a psikops or something like that, but it cant be that bad, right?!

Midday, 14th Granite, 40
The cave is where the kid said it is, and I'm going in. I'll write again later!

Midday, 14th Granite, 40
Goodness! Just a few seconds after I write that last entry, I was attacked by two big men with one eye, and a giant bat! It was rather scary! I ended up killing them all, and Rere didnt help at all. At least he isnt injured. I know I'm writing a bunch, but I just cant help it! I couldnt find the cave entrance, so I'm going looking for a different cave.

To be continued...?

Hmmm... a strangely cheery demeanor. Make him go insane later on in the story as he gets horribly lost in the abyssal tunnels.
So, I tediously awaited the arrival of the dwarven caravan (I'm set up on a island, see)... And, they came. My fingers tingled, my nose twitched and my toes tickled... they came around the corner, over my bridge... Into my courtyard... Onto my trade depot...

Then everything near it exploded in a cloud of blood.

FluffyToast J

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 04, 2010, 10:42:54 pm »

Oh, I will... *evil laugh*

Edit: Tried seeing what his last name means?
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 10:44:36 pm by Manifold1 »

Kamudo

• Bay Watcher
  • [SO_FLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 04, 2010, 10:45:20 pm »

They're spread out though, so sometimes finding a tribe can be quite hard.

Manifold. Lawl, cute story. xD
Lisidadil - A story of one of my first forts.

The continual tale of survival in a harsh land of hate, Fun, betrayal, love, and maybe a random elf or two... If we're unlucky.

Mythos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 04, 2010, 10:47:04 pm »

Oh, I will... *evil laugh*

Edit: Tried seeing what his last name means?

I have a feeling it's something terrible. What is it?
So, I tediously awaited the arrival of the dwarven caravan (I'm set up on a island, see)... And, they came. My fingers tingled, my nose twitched and my toes tickled... they came around the corner, over my bridge... Into my courtyard... Onto my trade depot...

FluffyToast J

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 04, 2010, 11:03:33 pm »

Afternoon, 18th Granite, 40
Hello, diary! I found a big town today, but it was all quiet, and the buildings looked very broken. Here, I even drew a picture!

Isnt it great? Anyway, it doesnt look like theres anyone here, so I'll be looking for another town. Also, it turns out Rere is a girl! I never knew!

Night, 10th Slate, 40
Gosh, I've been wondering around out here for almost a month! I havent found any more towns, and I'm starting to wonder if maybe I should just go home...

Midday, 14th Slate, 40
I've found another cave! And this time, I actually found it! In I gooooo!

Unkown, 14th Slate, 40
I found a bunch of weird birdmen and a few two headed men. I killed them all, but now I've come to a reaaaally long way down, and at the bottom its all wet. I dont know if I can swim that far.

Unkown, Unkown, 40
Ooch, sorry, diary. You're all wet now. Well, that was a long swim. Poor Rere had to be left behind, since she cant swim. On the swim, I saw a bunch of weird floaty things that tried to grab me... I'll call them Pond Grabbers. Anyway, I made them all die. Then I found a ramp up, so now I'm walking around on dry... well, damp ground. I saw some kind of weird dog thing in the distance once, but it ran away. There was also some kind of mushroom thing, it was really hard. Anyway, off to explore some more. Toodles!

Mythos: Sil Brokenmind. Not tooo bad.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 11:07:53 pm by Manifold1 »

Mythos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 04, 2010, 11:08:05 pm »

Not too bad, but very fitting. I had a feeling you had the intention to drive the poor guy insane. You're a DF player and the character is cheery. That's a mind-death sentence. On my character I'm training to go in prepared, I'm butchering an elf village. I'm at 63 dead elves. ;D Expert Swordsman, Adept Shield/Armor User, Grand Master Fighter, and Skilled Dodger. I still haven't found their damn druid...

yaklin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: April 04, 2010, 11:08:34 pm »

a song that i believe will be perfect for major combat (such as against clowns or giants) is Hall of the mountain king

FluffyToast J

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 04, 2010, 11:09:30 pm »

Very fitting, indeed. Keep in mind this is my first real, non-cheaty, "serious" adventurer. All the other ones have been just to kill stuff or SPEED:0 or dragons or stuff like that, and all on 40d. So, this is very, very interesting for me.

Kamudo

• Bay Watcher
  • [SO_FLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: April 04, 2010, 11:11:09 pm »

Yaklin, that song is very fitting for anything spoiler related. o:

Anything below Layer 3, I mean.

The continual tale of survival in a harsh land of hate, Fun, betrayal, love, and maybe a random elf or two... If we're unlucky.

Mythos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 04, 2010, 11:12:05 pm »

Yaklin, that song is very fitting for anything spoiler related. o:

Anything below Layer 3, I mean.

When this guy goes down there, I'll have that playing... then again, I intend to make elves extinct on this planet before going down there, so I've got a while to go.

EDIT: 93 dead elves. Still hunting the first village... I know there's more. There's a pile of about 30-40 bodies in the middle of the place where they tried to zerg rush me... they fell like wheat to a scythe.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 11:18:13 pm by Mythos »

Kamudo

• Bay Watcher
  • [SO_FLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 04, 2010, 11:18:12 pm »

The goblins and elves are already extinct on my world. =/

Mythos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 04, 2010, 11:18:49 pm »

The goblins and elves are already extinct on my world. =/

I think Goblins are extinct in mine, I've never found a Dark Fortress not owned by Dwarves. It sucks, I've NEVER had a world where the Goblins still held any places.

FluffyToast J

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 04, 2010, 11:24:21 pm »

Unkown, Unkown, 40
I found a big hole! Down I gooooooooo *splash*

Kamudo

• Bay Watcher
  • [SO_FLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: April 04, 2010, 11:35:14 pm »

Haha. xD

The humans conquered most of my world, killed the elves, built houses in their retreats, built houses around goblin towers, other fun stuff.

I'm playing a human with the name Savepowers.

Does that infer that he is going to unlock the demons or something? O_o

Mythos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: April 04, 2010, 11:36:43 pm »

Haha. xD

The humans conquered most of my world, killed the elves, built houses in their retreats, built houses around goblin towers, other fun stuff.

I'm playing a human with the name Savepowers.

Does that infer that he is going to unlock the demons or something? O_o

Perhaps. I'm Ivtid Lucksouls the Immortal Beach of Leading. What the hell does that mean?

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 26