Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 26

Author Topic: Kobold Camp 2010 ( 0.31.01 ) ( ALPHA 0.3 ) ( UPDATED 06/04 )  (Read 59583 times)

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kobold Camp 2010 ( 0.31.01 ) ( ALPHA 0.3 ) ( UPDATED 06/04 )
« Reply #120 on: April 07, 2010, 07:01:55 pm »

Take the medium island and turn up the number of nonmountain:mountain caves to 40:80 and worldgen should go smoothly. (For the others, multiply the number of caves appropriately)

The non-island maps will probably be more likely to work unmodified, since they have far larger numbers of caves than the island maps, I expect.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Calhoun

• Bay Watcher
  • Reusable-Box
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 07, 2010, 08:43:29 pm »

is it only me or is everyone elses fur's catching fire and burning away at embark?

Yeah, i think that happened to me.

Also, I'm getting Raw Nothing's That appear as dwarf's in my food stockpiles, which freaked me out at first.
I know it's unrealistic, but I can't help but imagine little bearded babies for dwarves. In my mind, they come out of the womb fully bearded. That's how the mother carries them around, too, she just drags them around by the beard or ties it to her belt. When the father's on duty, he just ties their beards together and the baby just kind of hangs there, swinging to and fro with Urist McDaddy's movements.

twichyboy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 07, 2010, 08:47:18 pm »

I saw the [nothings] on the embark choose items screen, i think its when it tries to give you some sot of meat and its unavailable, but it for some reason doesn't just remove it,

Calhoun

• Bay Watcher
  • Reusable-Box
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 07, 2010, 08:48:54 pm »

I saw the [nothings] on the embark choose items screen, i think its when it tries to give you some sot of meat and its unavailable, but it for some reason doesn't just remove it,

I did too, but i didn't CHOOSE any, but i still ended up with them.
I know it's unrealistic, but I can't help but imagine little bearded babies for dwarves. In my mind, they come out of the womb fully bearded. That's how the mother carries them around, too, she just drags them around by the beard or ties it to her belt. When the father's on duty, he just ties their beards together and the baby just kind of hangs there, swinging to and fro with Urist McDaddy's movements.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 07, 2010, 09:04:08 pm »

Dammit, I just came to post this!
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Calhoun

• Bay Watcher
  • Reusable-Box
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 07, 2010, 10:05:50 pm »

Spoiler: Image (click to show/hide)

The dwarf's are the nothings in my food stockpile.

I have to start over anyways, the Kobold with leader/teacher skill DIDN'T get the leadership spot, so no labor assignments.

And my cave was looking so organic.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 10:07:52 pm by Calhoun »

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 07, 2010, 10:13:37 pm »

Say, what happened to turtles? They may be causing it
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Calhoun

• Bay Watcher
  • Reusable-Box
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 07, 2010, 10:20:16 pm »

Perhaps it has something to do with the angler mod that's been added in?

Lairian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 07, 2010, 10:52:36 pm »

Perhaps it has something to do with the angler mod that's been added in?

I wouldn't be overly surprised; the angler mod simply hemorrhages errors to the logfile...

Calhoun

• Bay Watcher
  • Reusable-Box
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 07, 2010, 10:55:41 pm »

Holy crap, it sure does. Hmmmm, Should be able to just delete it straight outta mah raws without screwing anything up. Methinks.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 07, 2010, 11:00:10 pm »

Fisherbold just sits there fishing while everyone else starves.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

twichyboy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 07, 2010, 11:02:14 pm »

yeah its the angler mod i just tested it, removing it straight from the raws has gotten rid of the [nothing] unit selection,

Calhoun

• Bay Watcher
  • Reusable-Box
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 07, 2010, 11:12:20 pm »

yeah its the angler mod i just tested it, removing it straight from the raws has gotten rid of the [nothing] unit selection,

Same, No more nothing's.

Time to Rock, er, chop?

Chariot

• Bay Watcher
  • Turtle Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 08, 2010, 12:27:16 am »

The version of angler mod Pathos included is made for 40d, not 31.01, which would explain the errors.

Calhoun

• Bay Watcher
  • Reusable-Box
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 08, 2010, 12:29:07 am »

The version of angler mod Pathos included is made for 40d, not 31.01, which would explain the errors.

Figured as much, have you created a version for 31.01?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 26