Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 26

Author Topic: Kobold Camp 2010 ( 0.31.01 ) ( ALPHA 0.3 ) ( UPDATED 06/04 )  (Read 59566 times)

Bloogonis

• Bay Watcher
  • Steamyworks
    • View Profile
Re: Kobold Camp 2010 ( 0.31.01 ) ( ALPHA 0.3 ) ( UPDATED 06/04 )
« Reply #90 on: April 06, 2010, 10:39:28 pm »

those are awesome! do you have a non jpeg version? It sucks that Jpeg ruins images.

Kaelem Gaen

• Bay Watcher
  • And then it appeared the most terrifying creature
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 06, 2010, 10:40:00 pm »

I think the farming thing was originally to make it "tougher" as a "primative" culture not knowing about agrarian techniques yet.   I'm glad to see Gobbo decided they could garden now though, granted most of the KC is about self-limitations and how you personally see the kobbs.

On a sidenote, I'm wondering if a "bone sling" would actually mean the cradle is made of bone pieces, and the string sinew... though currently I'm working on the primitive workshop/space to make leather slings, granted they don't get quality bonuses like the bone and wooden slings at the bowyers.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 11:02:49 pm by Kaelem Gaen »

Haggle

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarves are pretty good at dying
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 06, 2010, 11:02:41 pm »

Yeah sorry about that Bloogonis, I wasn't sure where to upload and tinypic was the only image hosting site that was uploading anything for me.  :-[

Anyways, I have to say, this mod is awesome. Kobold Camp happened to be my most treasured mod before 2010, and I'm sure I'll be enjoying it just as much now that it's been remade. What with the new military improvements and all the new custom workshops stuff...

Also, are Kobold furs brown, grey or just hairless. I could never come to a conclusion. ???

Kaelem Gaen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 06, 2010, 11:03:50 pm »

I'll check the default  Creature_Standard text on Kobolds and get back to you on that, but I believe they have brown skin.

Hermit_Blake

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Kobold Tech
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 06, 2010, 11:04:45 pm »

I thought the lack of farming was to do with them being strict carnivores.
Then again, the hell do I know I always played 'em as cute, weak, non-farming dwarves. :P

Kaelem Gaen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 06, 2010, 11:07:50 pm »

Actually you're right they were carnivores in the original mod I believe, my bad.

also judging by this
Code: [Select]
    [SELECT_CASTE:ALL]
        [SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:SKIN]
            [TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:BROWN:1]
                [TLCM_NOUN:skin:SINGULAR]
            [TISSUE_LAYER_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:WRINKLY:0:0:0:0:0:0:0]
                [APP_MOD_RATE:1:YEARLY:0:100:60:0:NO_END]
                [APP_MOD_NOUN:skin:SINGULAR]
        [SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:EYE:EYE]
            [TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:PUPIL_EYE_YELLOW:1]
                [TLCM_NOUN:eyes:PLURAL]
the kobolds have brown wrinkly skin, and I didn't see a mention of hair in the apperance section.

tfaal

• Bay Watcher
  • 'Ello, 'ello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 06, 2010, 11:20:03 pm »

Hey guess, did you know that if you make a stone's [IMPACT_FRACTURE] 5000000, it becomes unmineable? You could edit the stone_template in the  material_template_default file to that setting, then make specific exceptions in the material_stone file for soft stones like chert.
I still think that the whole fortress should be flooded with magma the moment you try dividing by zero.
This could be a handy way of teaching preschool children mathematics.

Hermit_Blake

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Kobold Tech
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 06, 2010, 11:23:21 pm »

D'ya know if they're still carnivores, or if not how to make that true?

Lairian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 07, 2010, 12:08:51 am »

Oh, wow, making me dust of my login for this site...

Hi all, avid proponent of Kobold Camp, from /tg/ to here.  I was running a communal fortress for a short while too, before the eminent new release sucked all motivation in favor of waiting for the "new" version.

Anyway, been working on graphics for a while to supplement that fortress, very much in the Cutebold/Gobbo style.  I'll have to add a whole new mess of them for the new jobs...

Let's see if I can figure out linking or uploading...

http://lairian.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/kobolds.png

The old graphics_mayday.txt for them was:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

but I don't know if/what that'll have to update to.  Hopefully they can be of use to the community!

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 07, 2010, 12:10:46 am »

D'ya know if they're still carnivores, or if not how to make that true?
Add [CARNIVORE] to the creature entry.
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Kaelem Gaen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 07, 2010, 03:02:04 am »

Alright this noble's entirely optional, but incase someone like the liason is needed to deal with the Kobbo trading/agreements with the tribe here's one.

I've yet to run a Kobb fortress to get the first Caravan actually so I have no clue if stuff works fine with the traders or not.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Edit:  Correcting spelling mistake
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 08:52:37 am by Kaelem Gaen »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 07, 2010, 04:58:04 am »

*messenger, not messanger :P
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 07, 2010, 05:00:51 am »

Hey guess, did you know that if you make a stone's [IMPACT_FRACTURE] 5000000, it becomes unmineable? You could edit the stone_template in the  material_template_default file to that setting, then make specific exceptions in the material_stone file for soft stones like chert.
Great idea :P. Now Toady (probably unintentionally) made a possibility for  Kobold Camp to be much more koboldly :P.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Gobbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 07, 2010, 05:15:46 am »

Ignoring any unforeseen consequences, this solves a lot of things. It makes it so you can dig through soil and make warrens, without being able to dig through solid stone. It makes it so you CAN make a few rare things from stone, but to do so you have to explore existing caves and caverns to find the 'soft' stone that can be so used (I'd argue, for the sake of Aztec Kobolds, that obsidian should count as something you can use). It also makes it so even if you can't harvest stone, you can still harvest gems, because Kobolds love shinies.
Encourages settling in caves, an option that wasn't really viable until this new, much-expanded cave system was added.
All things to consider.
Of course, in the end, everyone's Kobold Camp experience is merely based on a template, with changes made as they prefer them. We just need to make a majority-agreeable template, that's all.

Also, are Kobold furs brown, grey or just hairless. I could never come to a conclusion. ???
According to who?
The game paints them as small wrinkly brownish creatures, but I always pictured them (and thus, drew the associated Kobold Camp character set) based on them having very short, fuzzy gray fur.
You'll never be able to look at the chains in your Fortress the same way again.

Kaelem Gaen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 07, 2010, 05:40:53 am »

And I always saw your drawings (speaking off is it alright if I put up an Icon based on the drawing at the beginning of the thread) as them have a grey-smoothish skin, though with the way everything can be modded now, we could get the appearences of the kobb's text description to follow the gobbo way of cutebolds!

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 26