Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 26

Author Topic: Kobold Camp 2010 ( 0.31.01 ) ( ALPHA 0.3 ) ( UPDATED 06/04 )  (Read 59526 times)

roqi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kobold Camp 2010 ( 0.31.01 ) ( ALPHA 0.21 )
« Reply #45 on: April 04, 2010, 10:25:02 am »

Of course, it's got to be the Cutebolds.
Why no [HERBIVORE] tag?

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 04, 2010, 11:18:16 am »

Hehe... I never noticed that someone made a full version of my alternate 'bolds:

Glad to see that the new workshops are being put to good use. As for thinking up what sorts of weapons they'd have, think about their environment, and what they'd need to handle it. Being tiny guys, they probably would want to focus on ranged combat (blowguns, possibly with venoms, seem the best fit), spears (keep foes at a distance), and so on. As for economy, with the new Workshops, 'bolds could use Stonecrafting, since chipping a stone into a simple tool or decorative idol is fairly primitive, and it wouldn't allow them the feel-breaking skills of Masonry. Custom reactions could be made to use stonecrafting + flint/obsidian/other clastic stones to make blades and weapons too.

Has anyone dabbled with the Gypsum Plaster thing yet? I'm wondering if this could be twisted to allow 'bolds to make hanging fur walls for huts, etc.

Pathos

« Reply #47 on: April 04, 2010, 11:46:42 am »

Hehe... I never noticed that someone made a full version of my alternate 'bolds:

You should really fully sprite these, they're amazing and I thought they were Beefmo's. =p

Has anyone dabbled with the Gypsum Plaster thing yet? I'm wondering if this could be twisted to allow 'bolds to make hanging fur walls for huts, etc.

Gympsum plaster thing?

I'm an awful spriter. I can only recolour, and I'm not that good at that, even. Anyone any good and can finish off the Cutebolds?

roqi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 04, 2010, 01:23:45 pm »

I'm an awful spriter. I can only recolour, and I'm not that good at that, even. Anyone any good and can finish off the Cutebolds?
I'm not an amazing spriter, but I can do it good enough. What professions apart from medical ones need to be done?
Why no [HERBIVORE] tag?

Pathos

« Reply #49 on: April 04, 2010, 01:36:35 pm »

I'm not an amazing spriter, but I can do it good enough. What professions apart from medical ones need to be done?

Quite a few. Especially specific professions like metalcrafting etc. AT the moment, the only metalsmith one there is is a kobold with a torch.

roqi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 04, 2010, 01:45:46 pm »

Quite a few. Especially specific professions like metalcrafting etc. AT the moment, the only metalsmith one there is is a kobold with a torch.

Are kobolds supposed to have metalcrafting at all? Huh, I guess it'd depend on how primitive you want to play them (personally, I don't even allow them to cook).
By the way, we need wooden mechanisms remade.
Why no [HERBIVORE] tag?

Pathos

« Reply #51 on: April 04, 2010, 01:50:52 pm »

Are kobolds supposed to have metalcrafting at all? Huh, I guess it'd depend on how primitive you want to play them (personally, I don't even allow them to cook).

I usually just let them have whatever jobs they enter the map with, if they're non-standard ones. It's nice to see your camp slowly grow with kobolds who have abilities that you can't manually selects. Just one of those game mechanics I really appreciate with the kobold camp mod.

Kelbin

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:terrifyingly blocky features]
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 04, 2010, 03:22:45 pm »

Aah! Kobolds NOT cute!

They are hairless brown skinned creatures with reptilian yellow eyes and arachnophilia.

They are about as cute as
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Not to mention cruel bastards who torture and kill just for the fun of it.
Coalition soldier cancels attack dummy brain: interrupted by Rocklet. x6
Rocklet has scuttled!
Crab has been crushed! x106
Coalition soldier has been crushed! x6
Crab has been crushed! x43

roqi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 04, 2010, 04:46:35 pm »

I usually just let them have whatever jobs they enter the map with, if they're non-standard ones. It's nice to see your camp slowly grow with kobolds who have abilities that you can't manually selects. Just one of those game mechanics I really appreciate with the kobold camp mod.

Oh yeah, I do that too, I meant that cooking is not a permitted job in my games.
Do you have the raw that specifies what sprite is which profession, so I could tell what needs to be done?
Aah! Kobolds NOT cute!

They are hairless brown skinned creatures with reptilian yellow eyes and arachnophilia.

They are about as cute as
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Not to mention cruel bastards who torture and kill just for the fun of it.

You obviously haven't been introduced to the idea of Cutebolds.
Sure, we all know what is the usual outlook on Kobolds, them being something inbetween an alien-minded Lizardman and a cruel, ugly Goblin. But! The idea behind this mod is to play a differently interpreted Kobs, who are a little, weak, primitive people, with childish yet clever minds.
Read at least the beginning of the old thread (http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=27088.0) to get an idea.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 04:49:21 pm by roqi »
Why no [HERBIVORE] tag?

Kaelem Gaen

• Bay Watcher
  • And then it appeared the most terrifying creature
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 04, 2010, 05:01:55 pm »

I like the idea of kobb religion but I would added a noble called "Shaman" functioning similar to a priest,  witch doctors were all about curing witchcraft and healing,   Shamans tended to be heads of Religion, though really it seems the terms can be used interchangeably so I guess that's personal play style again.

Anyways, on a sidenote it seems as long as just one job is unavailable in overall skill group (such as Farming, which I believe covers plant gathering and butchery and a few others) the skill group itself disappears.

I noticed this the other night, also for the Kob-talk file check this link.   
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=1944
Thanks goes out to DFLang (it works I tested it)

roqi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 04, 2010, 05:31:27 pm »

I like the idea of kobb religion but I would added a noble called "Shaman" functioning similar to a priest,  witch doctors were all about curing witchcraft and healing,   Shamans tended to be heads of Religion, though really it seems the terms can be used interchangeably so I guess that's personal play style again.

A witch doctor would be great together with a Chieftain.
Question: as I'll be making the sprites, should the doctors be white-coats-red-crosses style, or shamanic-healer style?

Anyways, on a sidenote it seems as long as just one job is unavailable in overall skill group (such as Farming, which I believe covers plant gathering and butchery and a few others) the skill group itself disappears.

Curses. I see three solutions:
a) Waiting for Toady to fix it;
b)Self-impose what labors to use;
c) or wait 'til some kind of Therapist or Manager side-program will solve the issue
Why no [HERBIVORE] tag?

Kaelem Gaen

• Bay Watcher
  • And then it appeared the most terrifying creature
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 04, 2010, 05:41:53 pm »

For the Witch Doctor, the shamanic-healer types, though I wish you could change the name of a non-noble doctor, I'd rename them healers or something like that, maybe wiseman, or make wiseman be like the therapists of the tribe, that could be another noble, but I'll look into the other noble entries in the raws to see if I can set something similar to that.

Anyways yeah when I say witch doctor I mean the shamanic-healer types or if you go by older cartoons/books/the like  the guys who wear the masks and the grass skirts, or are pierced all over.

For the general "Doctor" I'd try and do much less outlandish form of the witch doctor, maybe in a long coat (of leather in my imagination)

ON RELIGION:
I say they're own gods, and maybe powers similar to forces like the elves.  I'd like to see a Kobold Sun god, as well as maybe some of the possible megabeast/titan worshipping.  (though in most of the world's I've genned there has only been 1 or 2 surviving kobold "tribes".
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 06:26:20 pm by Kaelem Gaen »

tfaal

• Bay Watcher
  • 'Ello, 'ello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 04, 2010, 09:11:16 pm »

You could combine the functions of the chief medical dwarf with the [RELIGION] tag. That would make for a pretty cool witchdoctor.
I still think that the whole fortress should be flooded with magma the moment you try dividing by zero.
This could be a handy way of teaching preschool children mathematics.

LordFrank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kobold Camp 2010 ( 0.31.01 ) ( ALPHA 0.165 )
« Reply #58 on: April 05, 2010, 12:04:07 am »

So, each time I try to make a world it gets to the placeing of civilizations then rejects the world and starts over. Anyone know how I can fix that? I'd really like to start tormenting some kobolds.

Make more caves for world creation.

That worked, thanks a bunch.

The Eviscerator of Gods

• Bay Watcher
  • Britannia's finest* paladin**
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 05, 2010, 02:34:31 am »

Is digging through stone okay if you only dig a tunnel to the underworld to dielive down there?
Tom Cruise never had sex w/ his wife that baby's an alien from Xenu.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 26