Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 26

Author Topic: Kobold Camp 2010 ( 0.31.01 ) ( ALPHA 0.3 ) ( UPDATED 06/04 )  (Read 59582 times)

Lagotrope

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kobold Camp 2010 ( 0.31.01 ) ( ALPHA 0.3 ) ( UPDATED 06/04 )
« Reply #255 on: April 22, 2010, 12:33:45 am »

So after a few hours, ver 0.92 is up.

I like to put in some time between releases, but this time is not that time. Had a few mistakes andwhatnot, but the major component is one word. Trading. After great amounts of suggestions, entity tweaking and one-year-long camps, you can now get kobold caravans. I've also settled on letting embark stone stay, thus, masonry/engraving has been added.

Bloogonis

• Bay Watcher
  • Steamyworks
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: April 22, 2010, 12:55:16 am »

I'm pretty sure armour reactions have always made large armour, even in 40d.  It's not a new thing.

Nope, I had a Kobold Camp in 40D and they all had full suits of Copper Plate which we traded for/forged on site thanks to some handy migrants.
Later versions of KC 40D had you making shell and bone Platemail in the craft shop that they would wear perfectly fine. I had one military bold leader that had was equiped with a copper spear a full set of goat bone armor and an artifact goat bone helm (that included a Mountain goat skull). sadly I got bored with that Camp since I had my strongest warrior (not the artifact holder) take down a GCSwallow. he had shell plate

bobsnewaddress

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: April 22, 2010, 12:58:16 am »

I'm pretty sure armour reactions have always made large armour, even in 40d.  It's not a new thing.

Nope, I had a Kobold Camp in 40D and they all had full suits of Copper Plate which we traded for/forged on site thanks to some handy migrants.
Later versions of KC 40D had you making shell and bone Platemail in the craft shop that they would wear perfectly fine. I had one military bold leader that had was equiped with a copper spear a full set of goat bone armor and an artifact goat bone helm (that included a Mountain goat skull). sadly I got bored with that Camp since I had my strongest warrior (not the artifact holder) take down a GCSwallow. he had shell plate

Can we still make Shell and Bone armor in the new 2010 camps, or is non-custom stuff still Dwarf sized? If I can't have a beaten native copper breastplate I can at least have a guy wearing the bones of his enemies as crappy protection.

Bloogonis

• Bay Watcher
  • Steamyworks
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: April 22, 2010, 01:03:26 am »

Can we still make Shell and Bone armor in the new 2010 camps, or is non-custom stuff still Dwarf sized? If I can't have a beaten native copper breastplate I can at least have a guy wearing the bones of his enemies as crappy protection.
In theory, It hasnt worked for me, they always get stuck in a loop trying to use the same shell over and over with nothing actualy being made.

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #259 on: April 22, 2010, 01:05:32 am »

Note that I said -reactions-, not the standard workshop jobs.  Forging and crafting both still work fine.
Also known as Zuhayr.

bobsnewaddress

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: April 22, 2010, 01:11:18 am »

Note that I said -reactions-, not the standard workshop jobs.  Forging and crafting both still work fine.

True. I guess it isn't so bad that we're limited to Leather & Bone for fort-made armor though since it makes the rare Skilled Migrant an even more valuable commodity, as well as trading for goods from the Kobold Homeland a necessity. Its not like a Kobold can really do anything in terms of combat anyway: I was just testing some things in the arena and a Grand Master Wrestling kobold with a ton of points in Fighting, Dodging, etc. was torn apart in 3 rounds by an unskilled dog.

Chariot

• Bay Watcher
  • Turtle Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: April 22, 2010, 11:59:30 am »

For some reason the version of botany mod included in this is the 40d version, not the df2010 version. That may cause problems.

Lagotrope

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: April 22, 2010, 12:14:29 pm »

Completely forgot there was a botany mod in this... so far it doesn't seem to have caused problems like the 40d angler mod, but I haven't seen anything in it either, so it is just being an odd wheel. Thanks for pointing that out.

DracoGriffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: April 22, 2010, 12:50:55 pm »

Hey Lagotrope, why were the bone/shell armors cut from 40d Kobold Camp? Raw changes?

Hmm, I always wondered about having "Advances"... with custom workshops, it's a bit of a possibility. Have a t1 workshop create basic stuff and one "special" item. t2 workshop requires the "special" item to be made along with whatever resources and so on.

Allows Kobolds to advance to smelting without being overpowered... only issue is migrants and embark. Eh... think it'd be too difficult to control the initial part of it.

Anyway, got a decent camp going in KC0.92. Just workin on military.

DracoGriffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: April 22, 2010, 01:09:39 pm »

Looks like Shaman isn't able to tame exotic pets. The tag looks right but I can't seem to get him to tame a two-legged rhino lizard.

Also, looks like a lot of the vermin need to have pet/pet_exotic tags added to them.

Lagotrope

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: April 22, 2010, 05:30:45 pm »

Probably raw changes, honestly I don't remember anymore. But I will be looking to see if I can get them with non-custom reactions again, having found that reaction armor is too large. Also, what do you have in mind for a workshop creating a special item then workshop 2 using that item? Sort of like how a smelter makes bars, then the forge uses those to make weapons, or something different entirely?  I'm not quite sure what you mean by allowing kobolds smelting, though.

And shaman having exotic pets is more a placeholder right now, doesn't change much. And in the case of dwarves, the dungeon master didn't actually need to do the taming. Any dwarf with the right animal job could inside of the Kennels, just needed the DM to be in your fort.

Kaelem Gaen

• Bay Watcher
  • And then it appeared the most terrifying creature
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: April 28, 2010, 05:50:10 pm »

I thought it was the DM who had to do it himself, he was the one who always tamed the exotics in 40d, though it may have changed in .31

Lagotrope

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: April 30, 2010, 02:21:48 am »

Kobold Camp FINAL

Alright, it's been a busy week, and I hardly worked on it, but I tapered off what there is to finish it. In the end, I decided not to make any custom monsters for kobolds to tame (though shaman still acts as a DM, or at least SHOULD.) As a result, I simply tweaked a little here and there and added [BARRED] to armor. In theory, said armor should be able to be made out of bone at the right size.

I was going to wait till 31.04 came, but got impatient. So there's not much different between this and .92. Still, despite this being called the final version (often in caps at that), it's more just that I'll stop being so formal about it with changelogs and documentation and all the things respectable modders should do. I'll still fix any bugs you guys find out, I'll still port it to 31.04, 31.05 and so forth as they come out, and if there's a great new release that allows more to be done with reactions and reactions make armor at the right size... I may just open it up to work on again for all the things I intended to be in here but couldn't. Long paragraph short, I'll still be listening to feedback.

But until then, it's been great, and now I'm going to actually sit back and make my forts less for debug and more for fun. Thank you very much for your interest, everyone~

DracoGriffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: April 30, 2010, 07:06:03 am »

Sorry to hear that, Lagotrope. :(

Gonna test out this version now. Thanks for the hard work! :)

TheMirth

• Bay Watcher
  • Titan cancels smash, interrupted by baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: April 30, 2010, 08:44:40 am »

Thanks for the hard work. It's a great unique mod.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 26