Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [0.31.01] Old Saves don't work  (Read 679 times)

hyruleboy

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
[0.31.01] Old Saves don't work
« on: April 03, 2010, 12:56:20 pm »

I would like to note that this is my first post on this forum, and as an off and on fortresser, but always a fan, I may stay around.

Anyway; I have downloaded the recent version, and have tried multiple times to get my old saves to work, I have followed the release notes' instructions, however, making a separate folder to hold the files for the new versions and copying my old files over to it.

However, when I first put the files in, the only option I was offered after starting the game was to create a new world, which I tried and that crashed the game--after taking the files out, I could create a new world(which was replaced I believe), however, that is not what I wish to do.

A number of times I keep trying to install my old saves, but even if I name it region1 and call the new one region2(Or vice versa) it refuses to load my old save.

I may try using another laptop if it is my computer.
Thanks
--A Semi-frustrated Hyruleboy

dragon0421

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.31.01] Old Saves don't work
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2010, 12:59:14 pm »

This isn't a bug. 40d saves are not compatible with 31. The game is too different.

talrave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.31.01] Old Saves don't work
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2010, 01:40:26 pm »

If your old game is so important do what I did and just put df2010 in a new folder, keeping the old one around.

This release is so buggy it's only fun for testing the new stuff, so to play a serious game, you can just open up the good old fashioned.