Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: DF 2010: Encountering my first group of amphibious men  (Read 485 times)

Redhades

• Bay Watcher
  • That boy needs therapy
    • View Profile
    • My Linkedin.com profile is all bout me
DF 2010: Encountering my first group of amphibious men
« on: April 03, 2010, 11:46:00 am »

Right after embarking, I stated digging straight down to se what I would find.
I quickly discovered a large and complex cavern in which a small group amphibious people when stationed. They had a bunch of tanned leather and prepared meals scattered on the ground around them, they where all equipped with blow darts and they where all listed has hostile in the unit list page. Also, they where all gathered around a giant cave lobster.

Now once my miner had finished his digging, instead of going back up to hang around my wagon, he decided instead to go and visit the hostile group of amphibious men. Then some combat ensued until he was hurt and unconscious. But the amphibious men didn’t finish him off. They just gathered around him.

Then I decided to put all my dwarfs in a squad and set them to move to the amphibious men’s location. Again, the combat ended with my dwarfs hurt and unconscious and the amphibious not finishing them off. And when I looked at my unit screen, two of the amphibious people had become marked as friendly and the other where still marked as hostile, and none of them where attacking each other.

I’m not sure I understand why all of this happened.
Why did my miner go to visit the amphibious people once is task was completed?
Why didn’t the amphibious people finish him off?
Why did some amphibious men become friendly while others stayed hostile?

lastofthelight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DF 2010: Encountering my first group of amphibious men
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2010, 12:33:34 pm »

No idea. Sounds like a bug.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: DF 2010: Encountering my first group of amphibious men
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2010, 12:44:21 pm »

maybe friendly amphibious order no killing, you should have just wall up the area or made a burrow near the wagon and order the miner there.
it seems like the miner said some offensive things to there people they made a good comeback he got mad and got his beard shove down his throat.
also animal men are part entity so it makes sense that only a few are friends to other civs(due to trading perhaps?).
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes