Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: Vulcan's Automatons (Day 2, World 2, Cycle 1)  (Read 10264 times)

Odd!x

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Vulcan's Automatons (Day 3, World 1, Cycle 1)
« Reply #45 on: April 06, 2010, 01:26:10 am »

markus goes out to the ocean floor and can't find sand? *tsk* that's just sad.

then again I can't seem to get a simple door open  ::)

no matter.  I attempt to gather raw tranquility by meditating in the ocean.
We are who we are, depending on who we were.

Lidhuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vulcan's Automatons (Day 3, World 1, Cycle 1)
« Reply #46 on: April 06, 2010, 01:46:14 pm »

World
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Group storage:

IronyOwl

inteuniso

criptfiend

Odd!x

Tyg13

Ukrainian Ranger

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quote from: Akanus the peasant
Forge remaining block of stone into a large sphere with waves and depictions of my labors all across its surface.

Attempt: 34

You claim the black stone and start trying to carve a clam into the rock, but you're continuously distracted, because the clam you are using as a model keeps moving, so you keep trying to re-draw. Finally, after half-a-day of trying to engrave the clam, you try to engrave a picture of yourself, but that too falls a bit flat.

+34 Stoneworking Exp
+Rough black stone block
Quote from: Markus the Trader
Form the sand into a large glass tank.
Attempt: 41-10 = 31

You take up the sand and try to form it, but everytime you do, it keeps just falling apart again. You try to add water to the mixture, but that just muddles everything up. Eventually, at the end of the day, you find yourself with little progress, and the sand you claimed has been dried back to its original state. You realize, just then, that you needed more heat to truly change the structure of the sand.

+31 Glassblowing Exp

Quote from: Mart the crafter
I will take 10 mollusks and pull their collective life force out to form a ball of energy.

Attempt: 75 +20 = 95
Quality: 70
Base Influence: 64+70+4 = 138

You place the ten molluscs in a pile in front of you and contemplate how to go about this. Drawing upon energies known in different names throughout the universe, you draw out the life from the molluscs as one would draw out syrup from a tree, with the difference being that the molluscs here wither, dry up and die, turning into a useless dust that scatters all over the ship. You, however, are left with a tangible ball of energy made out of pure lifeforce. The outer-edge rapidly solidifies into a thin grey layer, but you can feel the hum of life inside.

+190 Mysticism Exp (level up!)
+138 Crafting influence
+1 Sphere of Life Energy !Base Influence: 138!

For Mysticism: Think Elder Scrolls IV, Oblivion. Anything that school can do, pretty much.

Quote from: Oddix the peasant
I attempt to gather raw tranquility by meditating in the ocean.
Attempt: 11 (lucky!)

You wander out into the serene ocean, where mermaids might be found if one were to look hard enough (but then again...) and start to meditate. As you meditate, trying to collect raw tranquility around you, you discover that the ocean is nowhere nearly as tranquil as you thought it to be. Large creatures constantly struggle to devour smaller creatures, that burrow and crawl along the ocean floor or hide in plain sight. In awe at the life so deep down the ocean, you almost forgot to head back to the ship, but you manage it in a timely fashion, fortunately.

+5 Gather Exp

Quote from: Xanthian
Make a glass gemstone and attempt to colour it green.

Attempt: 51+20=71
Quality: 49
Base Influence: 100+49+23(White Sand) = 172

You collect some of the sand and head to a furnace, where you melt it down into a semi-crystalline form. Your craftsmanship allows you to quickly turn the sand into glass, which you proceed to form into a gemstone, attempting to colour it green in the process. However, without the materials with which to give it a truly vibrant green colour, the final product, while a shining example of a glass gem, is barely green enough to be noticeable.

+71 Glassblowing
+172 Crafting Influence
+Translucent Green Glass Gem !Base influence: 172!
-White sand !Base influence: 46!

Quote from: Wartin
Go to the ocean surface and try to trade away my yacht

Also, trade anything that other creators let me take

Attempt: 1+20=21

You fill up your Enviro-suit with air and start to move towards the surface, using natural bouyancy. You figure that it should be fast enough. After all, you can't be that deep down?

However, after several hours, you find yourself seemingly no closer to the surface and you only narrowly escape being eaten by a whale. Rather than getting lost before the ship jumps to the next world, you use your uncanny trading survival skills and hurry back to the ship, letting out a lot of air to descend faster.

You manage to enter the ship just in time, as its engines wind up, your oxygen runs out and the jump to the next world begins...

+10 Trading Exp

(I assumed you gave back anything other creators offered to let you trade with)

World

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vulcan's Automatons (Day 1, World 2, Cycle 1)
« Reply #47 on: April 06, 2010, 02:58:57 pm »

Claim 9 mollusks and assemble them into one big mollusk
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 03:01:15 pm by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 06, 2010, 04:11:35 pm »

hmm, don't forget to half crafting influence from the final roll. You only get the same as the end of a base influence check if it's a critical. One of those balance things I did at the end of the first cycle to try and get influence regulated between the three groups. Gather and Trade get half exp growth, and crafting makes half influence. As there are major ways to bump crafting influence, and the gather and trade skills are so wide ranged.
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 06, 2010, 04:22:54 pm »

Gather some edible plants and animals.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 06, 2010, 04:47:43 pm »

I will imbue the earrings with the life force, giving anyone that wares them the ability to see life force at a distance.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 06, 2010, 05:02:10 pm »

Dump block in group storage, go gather things. (first hug clam)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tyg13

• Bay Watcher
  • And then I was bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 06, 2010, 05:02:42 pm »

Claim three of the mollusks.

Imbue the green gem with life force from the mollusks.

Lidhuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 06, 2010, 05:32:03 pm »

hmm, don't forget to half crafting influence from the final roll. You only get the same as the end of a base influence check if it's a critical. One of those balance things I did at the end of the first cycle to try and get influence regulated between the three groups. Gather and Trade get half exp growth, and crafting makes half influence. As there are major ways to bump crafting influence, and the gather and trade skills are so wide ranged.

So, halve the entire base influence roll and not just the items used? Unless the attempt is critical of course.

Odd!x

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 06, 2010, 05:53:30 pm »

First I claim the last bit of sand in group storage.  Dunno what I was thinking, dropping it off like that.

Then I go out and gather entire trees, preferably slow-growing, enormous ones if there are any.
We are who we are, depending on who we were.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 06, 2010, 06:48:07 pm »

So, halve the entire base influence roll and not just the items used? Unless the attempt is critical of course.

no no, you don't half anything other than the items used in the actual rolls, you just half the amounts that they get at the end, exp for trade and gather, or influence for crafting.

Lidhuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 06, 2010, 10:14:55 pm »

no no, you don't half anything other than the items used in the actual rolls, you just half the amounts that they get at the end, exp for trade and gather, or influence for crafting.

Ah, so, for gathering and trading, item x !Base influence: 10! gives 10 or <formula>*10 influence

For crafting, Crafted item x !Base influence: 173! gives 173/2 influence, but is still worth 173 for purposes of trading and crafting.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 06, 2010, 11:08:53 pm »

~
~
~

Ah, so, for gathering and trading, item x !Base influence: 10! gives 10 or <formula>*10 influence

For crafting, Crafted item x !Base influence: 173! gives 173/2 influence, but is still worth 173 for purposes of trading and crafting.

Yep, the only exception is the criticals, crits on crafting give double influence and double exp, so it negates the half influence part if you get a modified roll of 90 or better.

I'd suggest not worrying about what you've already got done, :) just put it into practice on the next turn.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #58 on: April 07, 2010, 10:53:42 am »

Oh, that's not bloody fair on me. I'll admit I forgot about class, but I thought It'd be pretty damn obvious that I wanted to be ExKirby. And just because my internet fucks up, I'm out of the game EVEN THOUGH I WAS FIRST IN. I'll be a peasant, but I want some compensation...
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Tyg13

• Bay Watcher
  • And then I was bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 07, 2010, 03:20:58 pm »

Needed an action too, sorry.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8