Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: Vulcan's Automatons (Day 2, World 2, Cycle 1)  (Read 10242 times)

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vulcan's Automatons (Day 1, World 2, Cycle 1)
« Reply #75 on: April 10, 2010, 12:08:43 pm »

Trade Mart's staff.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 05:27:56 am by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Lidhuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 10, 2010, 10:08:30 pm »

Questions:
Can I specify what I want to buy when trading? Like gathers do

Can I sell noncrafted (gathered) items?

If anyone is willing to sell items give it to me. I will give half of the resources that I buy back

Yes, but world difficulty will be applied to a second roll to determine success (I don't usually list that roll, since it's not that important towards actual success)

Yes, any item with influence can be sold.

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 11, 2010, 01:17:53 am »

I would like in on the list, as River, the gatherer.
This is Dwarf Fortress! If we can chuck magma at innocent wildlife, we can do ANYTHING!

It was at this point that I realised that dwarves are actually the essence of chaos. What else can make perpetual motion machines, recursive statues with more building materials than the average tower and has such a short attention span that a damn fine chair can off-set the death of their entire family.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 11, 2010, 05:37:03 am »

Drop my mollusks

Sell Mart's staff and earrings. Buy cloth

Don't give the staff and the earring back unless asked by Mart

« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 12:58:07 am by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 11, 2010, 10:31:57 am »

The whale vomit would be best use for something else, if you want you can take the earrings and I can try to make some perfume for you to trade.

VincValentine

• Bay Watcher
  • Fire at will!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 11, 2010, 02:16:20 pm »

Could I have a spot on the waiting list as Vinc the Crafter?
It's sad when the guy falling down the mountain with two broken arms is one of the ones in the least amount of trouble.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 11, 2010, 03:40:13 pm »

Attempt to gather again.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 11, 2010, 04:35:22 pm »

OK. I'll sell only the staff in this turn. I just thought that no one plans to use it.

Such an influential item shouldn't be unused so long when it can be traded for valuable resources :)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 11, 2010, 05:09:07 pm »

I have something I could use it for, but I wouldn't get around to it for a long time.

I do think it'd be better to craft it than sell it as is. Shame we used all the sand already, or we could make a perfume bottle to go with it.  :P
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 11, 2010, 06:28:18 pm »

life force=bottle?

I will add the earrings to the pack of the trader (if he accepts)

Than I will use the whale vomit and the life force to make perfume that smells of the fresh ocean breeze. The bottle will be made out of pure life force concentrated into a glowing physical shape.

If successful I will drop the perfume into the group inventory to be traded away.

Tyg13

• Bay Watcher
  • And then I was bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 16, 2010, 06:07:20 pm »

What happened to this? Lidhuin, did you die?

Odd!x

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 17, 2010, 12:00:01 am »

I don't think that should stop him from posting, if that's the case.  Being dead is no excuse for not posting in a forum game for gods' sake  >:(
We are who we are, depending on who we were.

Lidhuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 17, 2010, 07:44:55 am »

I don't think that should stop him from posting, if that's the case.  Being dead is no excuse for not posting in a forum game for gods' sake  >:(

Too true :<

Patience! I have not forgotten this game (I have forgotten the other one).

Lidhuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 22, 2010, 08:11:23 am »

I'm working on an answer. More than halfway done.

Lidhuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 22, 2010, 08:28:07 am »

Please update your own items, XP and influence.

I will get around to group storage in a while, I hope.

Day 2 begins!

Quote from: Mart the Crafter
I will add the earrings to the pack of the trader (if he accepts)

Than I will use the whale vomit and the life force to make perfume that smells of the fresh ocean breeze. The bottle will be made out of pure life force concentrated into a glowing physical shape.

If successful I will drop the perfume into the group inventory to be traded away.

Attempt: 99
Quality: 17
Base Influence: 99+17+69+48 = 233

Realizing what you could accomplish with the Ambergris and the Sphere of Life Energy, you shape the Sphere into a perfume bottle and slide the Ambergris into it. As it enters, it rapidly attains a pleasing scent and by the end of the day, you stand with a bottle of exquisite perfume, powered by the power of life.

198 Perfumery XP (level up!)
+233 Crafting Influence
+1 Bottle of Exquisite Life Perfume !Base Influence: 233!
-Sphere of Life Energy !Base Influence: 138!
-Piece of Ambergris !Base Influence: 97!
-1 pair of greenish-purple Earrings !Base Influence: 108!
-1 Shaman Staff  8 !Base influence: 54!

Quote from: Akanus the Peasant
Attempt to gather again.

Attempt: 76
Quality: 59
Quantity: 100-59=41

You head out into the jungle. For a while, you're disappointed that there isn't something worthy of collecting, but you happen upon an old temple. Limited in your capacity, you decide ot carry back home all the gems you could find. At the end of the day, you manage to return with 41 flawless jades. Athough you're unsure where the ruined temple is, you are certain there is still more to be found there.

+38 Gather XP
+59 Gathering Influence
+41 Flawless Jade !Base Influence: 59!

Quote from: Xanthian the Crafter
Set the translucent gem into the blade.

Drop finished item into group storage.

Attempt: 66
Quality: 85
Base Influence: 54+85+78+86=303

Grabbing the radioactive sword, you shield yourself from its rays as you work to set the gem into the pine handle. While it is difficult, the beauty of the sword at the end is so incredible that you cannot help but be amazed at the quality of your work. You place it, proudly, into the group storage, wondering what to do for the next day.

66 Jeweler XP
+303 Crafting Influence
+1 Technetium Sword /w Translucent Gemmed Pine Handle !Base Influence: 303!
-1 Technetium Sword /w Pine Handle!Base Influence: 156!
-1 Translucent Green Glass Gem !Base Influence: 172!

Quote from: Oddix the Peasant
Well, that's far more tree than I ever expected to lay claim upon! How many logs/units of wood do the branches/trunk divide into? just wondering.

I drop the pine log into group storage, and return outside to gather. I will do this by digging a hole straight down, keeping anything interesting but mainly trying to get a quantity of soil.

Attempt: 68 (successful digging!)
Quality: 26
Quantity: 63-26 = 37

You head out into the jungle, find a good spot and start digging downwards. You try to fill up as many empty sandbags with unrefined soil as you can. At the end of the day, you manage to fill up 37 bags. You bring back 37 bags to the ship, happy with the work you managed to do, but you wonder what might be hidden in the soil.

+34 Gather XP
+26 Gather Influence
+37 Unrefined Mixed Soil !Base Influence: 26!

Quote from: Markus the Trader
Craft a hollow glass orb.

Attempt 33-10: 23

Grabbing your sand, you attempt to heat it up and blow it into shape, but it doesn't quite work. Although the sand is now refined into a globolous mass of glass, you haven't managed to shape it into something that would be worthwhile to anyone in the universe. It's not even art!

+23 Glassblowing XP
+1 Uncrafted Glass !Base Influence: 46!
-1 White Sand !Base influence: 46!

Quote from: Wartin the Trader
Drop my mollusks

Sell Mart's staff and earrings. Buy cloth

Don't give the staff and the earring back unless asked by Mart

Attempt: 40+20=60
Economy=40
Haggle=36 (40+54+27)*0.72=121

You head out into the jungle and find a tribe of craftsmen. The chieftain desires the staff, while the prettiest lady of the tribe wants the earrings. In return, they trade you 3 pieces of Silk Cloth, a Large Silk Worm, that's alive, and a Gold Ring with a piece of Jade set into it. You return home with a nice amount of items for yourself or The Maia.

+30 Trading XP
+121 Trading Influence
+3 Silk Cloth !Base Influence: 40!
+Live Large Silk Worm !Base Influence: 41!
+Gold Ring with Jade !Base Influence: 40!
-1 pair of greenish-purple Earrings !Base Influence: 108!
-1 Shaman Staff !Base influence: 54!
-9 Molluscs !Base Influence: 9!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8