Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tanning Trouble?  (Read 829 times)

kiffer.geo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Tanning Trouble?
« on: April 03, 2010, 10:34:05 am »

Hey people... I've got a moody dwarf demanding leather, so I butchered Gazelle but the tanner wont tan it...
Am I missing something? I've got a Tanner's workshop, I've got a tanner, I've got a Gazelle skin and I've ordered the tanning via the manager screen (because the tanner's shop didn't have any options)...

... cancels Tan a hide: needs unrotten body part. x10

kiffer.geo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tanning Trouble?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2010, 10:41:45 am »

I thought maybe Hide and skin were different... skin being to light to tan or something... so I butchered a donkey ... no hide just skin, still getting need unrotten body part nearby message.

bug? anyone else having leather trouble?

Update: rather than posting again I thought I'd just edit this post... well... I wasn't able to get any leather made in time and so the woodworker that wanted the leather has just gone insane... oh wait never mind... not insane berserk... and he has one of our axes... my little military team has no armour or weapons.

Updated Update: He's killed his dog, and came charging up out of the exit of the fortress just as some fresh migrants arrive... fresh migrant children... fortunately for the children he collapsed just before reaching them from a head wound... though he was back on his feet before my 3 military dwarfs made it to him... he's killed one already (lopped off his arm and the poor chap bled to death) the others are injured so I'm glad my medic dwarf is still ok...
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 11:35:40 am by kiffer.geo »

kiffer.geo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2010, 12:28:20 pm »

argh... by Armoks blood encrusted beard!
After the woodcutter went berserk and killed a few people I saved and quit and reloaded and now the tanner is tanning away happily. 

roqi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2010, 01:18:31 pm »

Well, that's the joy of bugs. My woodworker has done a similar thing, only it was about crossbows and Needs wood logs.
Why no [HERBIVORE] tag?