Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: DF2010 - Bronze Colossuses, too hardcore?  (Read 11906 times)

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DF2010 - Bronze Colossuses, too hardcore?
« Reply #60 on: April 05, 2010, 12:20:00 am »

I had an adventurer almost kill a colossus today. I could damage it with a maul if he was prone, and I blocked 99.9% of his attacks. Eventually I hit him so much that he had all red wounds, no usable hands, and he could even stand up anymore. Of course, he didn't bleed and felt no pain, so I'm not sure if he was any closer to death than at full health. Eventually, he pushed (yes, not hit, not attacked, but PUSHED) my guy in the head, shattering my poor adventurer's skull.

Yeah, BCs don't bleed and don't have any organs or even feel pain, so the only way to destroy them is to literally sever the head in one shot (or upper/lower body, I guess). It's impossible to do this with in-game equipment.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 05, 2010, 12:25:45 am »

Perhaps we should stick to weapons.
Hey, it was Olith's idea; I was just carrying it out. But this does give us some new info: Whale Shark Bodes weigh alot, perhaps as much or more than slade. If it is, then this would mean that slade's weight is not the reason it works on the Bronze Colossus. Meaning we would have to try and see why it works again. So, can anyone confirm?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Iban

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAFFEINE_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 05, 2010, 12:26:41 am »

Knowing the complexity of this game, density is also another contributing factor.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 05, 2010, 12:33:40 am »

Of course, but he was just asking if there are other factors.

Of course, a whale body is a really poor comparison, because we don't know how the game even calculates damage from things like that, and in any case, it shouldn't hold an edge.

In addition to having high density, it seems to be extremely inflexible in all ways and nigh-impossible to bend or break. I'm not sure which of these matter or in which ways. It doesn't have a specified MAX_EDGE, so it probably uses the default from the metal template, which is [MAX_EDGE:10000], which is the same as the other metals I can see (except adamantine, which has a value ten times that).

Oh, for what it's worth, obsidian now has [MAX_EDGE:20000]. This is twice the value of the above default. This might turn out interesting.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 12:35:17 am by G-Flex »
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.

Pkassad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 05, 2010, 01:59:04 am »

I have been fighting a Bronze Colossus in DF2010 adventure mode, and so far i have spent an entire real life hour fighting him.  I have used spears, crossbows 400 bolts+Bashing, battle axes, and wrestling.  Every one of his limbs is red, yet I can not seem to kill him.  what am I doing wrong?
Yes but then the three children hanging off her will catch fire.
And that's stopped people before...?

Iban

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAFFEINE_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 05, 2010, 02:00:47 am »

I have been fighting a Bronze Colossus in DF2010 adventure mode, and so far i have spent an entire real life hour fighting him.  I have used spears, crossbows 400 bolts+Bashing, battle axes, and wrestling.  Every one of his limbs is red, yet I can not seem to kill him.  what am I doing wrong?
Try getting him to fall into a volcano.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 05, 2010, 02:01:59 am »

Trying.

Pkassad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 05, 2010, 02:04:46 am »

Try getting him to fall into a volcano.
I am on the top of a plateau im trying to force him down the mountain atm. can they drownin a river?

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 05, 2010, 02:08:00 am »

They don't have to breathe, so no. Hell, they don't rely on any particular parts, in general, except probably the UB/LB/head. The only environmental conditions that would kill them involve melting.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 05, 2010, 02:10:59 am »

I'm seriously considering adding a "blood" of some sort to them steam sounds nice at this point. Now to figure out this whole "modding" thing...

Pkassad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 05, 2010, 02:11:36 am »

So then how the frk am i going to kill him?

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 05, 2010, 02:13:00 am »

I thought that was obvious. You don't.

Pkassad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 05, 2010, 02:14:47 am »

:( well then whats the best way to kill them then... other then stab them for 20 years.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 05, 2010, 02:17:17 am »

Stabbing them for 20 years won't work either. Or 200, or 2000. It's been explained elsewhere in the thread, at least once by myself.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 05, 2010, 02:17:47 am »

:( well then whats the best way to kill them then... other then stab them for 20 years.

20 years worth of stabbing won't do it. Your option are firing lead tipped logs at him using a massive siege device, or a lava flood trap. Failing those, or if your playing adventure mode, some people say a clownite sword can do it, but you still need some luck.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9