Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: The 31.02 Mayday Port  (Read 10679 times)

Cr9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The 31.01 Mayday Port
« Reply #45 on: April 04, 2010, 06:37:51 pm »

What do I need to do if I have a 1280x720 resolution?
I try and start it up and it's all wierd, and since I haven't played in forever I can't remember what to do & I can't find it anywhere on the wiki.
Change the game's windowed resolution to 1120x640 and use 70:40 as your GRID settings.
I think I'l just stick with the DF2010v2 version for now, as I prefer the birghter colours. Is there going to be a new version of the Mayday set in the enar future, or is this all its going to be?
Mayday is going to release an official version once the bugs with the game are ironed out. It is currently too unstable to develop graphics for properly.

Cespinarve

• Bay Watcher
  • Lege lege lege relege labora et invenies
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 05, 2010, 11:25:45 am »

Yeah, i'm feeling that way myself. Thank you!
Nice one, not sure when I'll be feeling like killing a baby but these things are good to know.
This is why we can't have nice things... someone will just wind up filling it with corpses.
Arrakis teaches the attitude of the knife — chopping off what's incomplete and saying: "Now it's complete because it's ended here."

Venatius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 05, 2010, 12:44:36 pm »

Please forgive that I asked this in another thread, but nobody reading that one seemed to know/notice. Is Beefmo (assuming that's someone's name) still on board with this? That was always my dwarf graphics set of choice, but it still needs new profession graphics.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 05, 2010, 12:49:18 pm »

Beefmo's set will be easy to port once the bugs are fixed.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Cr9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 05, 2010, 09:09:37 pm »

Please forgive that I asked this in another thread, but nobody reading that one seemed to know/notice. Is Beefmo (assuming that's someone's name) still on board with this? That was always my dwarf graphics set of choice, but it still needs new profession graphics.
Should I find an upload for it, I'll actually make it for you. It's fairly easy to port graphics. It won't have doctors, but you know, not many sets do right now.

HexagonalBolts

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 05, 2010, 09:34:40 pm »

I've used it for two fortresses - works perfectly, very few creatures without pictures and no crashes. Good job!

Venatius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 06, 2010, 05:47:35 pm »

Eh, not sure I see a lot of point if it doesn't support doctors. While it's my favorite set, a borked version thereof isn't worthwhile. I just was/am hoping an update is in the works.

Sormus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 08, 2010, 11:39:50 am »

I prepackaged 0.31.02 with the unofficial Mayday's set, can someone (op? mod?) change the title to suit better?

http://www.multiupload.com/WEL7H8GNOY

or backup mirror:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1219182/DF3102maydayhack.rar

Cr9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 08, 2010, 02:12:10 pm »

I prepackaged 0.31.02 with the unofficial Mayday's set, can someone (op? mod?) change the title to suit better?

http://www.multiupload.com/WEL7H8GNOY

or backup mirror:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1219182/DF3102maydayhack.rar
Looks good! I'll add these to the topic head and change the topic.

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart
Re: The 31.02 Mayday Port
« Reply #54 on: April 08, 2010, 03:22:46 pm »

The update fixed the gfx problems (at least I don't notice them anymore) so I'll be releasing an official- unofficial DFG today :)
<3

chmod

• Bay Watcher
  • I get by with a little help from my friends
    • View Profile
    • UDP Viper
« Reply #55 on: April 08, 2010, 04:53:09 pm »

The update fixed the gfx problems (at least I don't notice them anymore) so I'll be releasing an official- unofficial DFG today :)
Hell yea! Thanks Mike!

Asmodeous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 08, 2010, 05:03:41 pm »

This makes me love you. :)
(There is a story behind this. . .)

This is an Alder Omelette. All craftsdwarfship is of highest quality. It is encircled with bands of cheese. It menaces with spikes of bacon, ham, and peppers. On the object is an image of dwarves in egg white. The dwarves are eating.

lodester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 08, 2010, 05:39:30 pm »

Mr. Mayday, i would like to illustrate my current situation with respect to your upcoming gfx update for .02 :

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Me love you long time. Bang bang G.I. Me do everything.

Asmodeous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 08, 2010, 06:03:51 pm »

That is, in fact, an excellent illustration, as that is exactly the sort of reaction I had when I saw him post that he was working on it as of the 32.02 release.
(There is a story behind this. . .)

This is an Alder Omelette. All craftsdwarfship is of highest quality. It is encircled with bands of cheese. It menaces with spikes of bacon, ham, and peppers. On the object is an image of dwarves in egg white. The dwarves are eating.

Mephiston

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 09, 2010, 12:36:06 am »

Ok so maybe i missed it in the topic already if it was an issue, and i apologise in advance, but i'm having an issue with the prepackaged DF linked above.

All of the tilesets work, EXCEPT for the dwarves. After a worldgen they show up as coloured characters, rather than sprites.

I went through and removed the example.txt thinking that might help, but it didnt.
Also, i tried changing the normal font to mayday.bmp (not the graphics_font), but that didnt help either.

Any ideas?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5