Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: The 31.02 Mayday Port  (Read 10690 times)

Huggz

• Bay Watcher
  • Sherlock Wayne
    • View Profile
Re: The 31.01 Mayday Port
« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2010, 06:05:10 pm »

And my other points, about the weird hue on the doors and the like? Marble isn't purple.

Proper English will make people take you more serious.
In order to improve the universe's frame rate, we must all throw rocks into volcanoes and then do absolutely nothing, worldwide, for a week, to take pressure off pathfinding.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2010, 06:30:56 pm »

err does anyone knew what happened to this?
i can see it now, the masons dorfrushing some demon only to be engulfed in flames. also im getting undetermined lang issues.

Cr9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2010, 06:59:23 pm »

And my other points, about the weird hue on the doors and the like? Marble isn't purple.
The door hue is just due to the way I had to port over the graphics. The transparent brown on the door overlapped with the magenta background, causing dark purple and I didn't notice it before release. It's easy to fix by just editing mayday.bmp in Paint but I didn't release a new version because I didn't consider it such a major issue. My bad.

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2010, 07:01:35 pm »

Hmm... I have the Masons as my military sprites as well. Don't know about how to even begin dealing with that. I looked at the graphics files and they point to the correct sprites, it seems. Someone will have to actually train up a military and see if they display as masons.

GutsyTurtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2010, 07:47:59 pm »

Hmm... I have the Masons as my military sprites as well. Don't know about how to even begin dealing with that. I looked at the graphics files and they point to the correct sprites, it seems. Someone will have to actually train up a military and see if they display as masons.

Attempting a military now.  Recruits appear as normal, just on the status screen they appear as masons. 

alxcote

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
    • My stuff
« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2010, 09:54:45 am »

I also had the missing letters. It sorta fixed itself after restarting. Now I can't assign jobs to my dwarves because I can't see the jobs highlighted.

Cr9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2010, 10:47:40 am »

You're using the wacky fake-PNG version I made as sort of a joke! That sh*t had problems. If you're dead-set on that brown background, there's an upload of a better tileset I made which looks a little rough but will at least let you assign jobs and see your dig designations.

http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php?quickkey=mnwg3zkttgx&thumb=4

Throw it into your data/art folder and update your init file accordingly.

jh42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2010, 01:17:40 pm »

This might be a stupid question, or one that's been answered a thousand times already (and if so, please forgive my ignorance), but is there a way to disable engraving-specific icons? In the previous version of the game, my engraved rooms looked like this:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

..Which was nice, because you could tell at a glance what was engraved, but it was still clear what was what. Now, my engraved rooms look like this:

..Which is really sort of messy, and makes it difficult to keep straight what I'm looking at (what's a floor, what's a wall, etc.).

Is there a setting I can change somewhere that controls this behavior?

Thanks!  :)

Kalrirr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2010, 01:45:21 pm »

I wouldn't mind knowing that either. =D
Death before dishonour

TheCze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 04, 2010, 01:45:51 pm »

Press [d] and then [v] to toggle engravings, then select the area where you want the simple style instead of the pictures.

I also think you can set a default somewhere in the init

soul4hdwn

• Bay Watcher
  • make due with what you have
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2010, 01:55:25 pm »

This might be a stupid question, or one that's been answered a thousand times already (and if so, please forgive my ignorance), but is there a way to disable engraving-specific icons? In the previous version of the game, my engraved rooms looked like this:

..Which was nice, because you could tell at a glance what was engraved, but it was still clear what was what. Now, my engraved rooms look like this:

..Which is really sort of messy, and makes it difficult to keep straight what I'm looking at (what's a floor, what's a wall, etc.).

Is there a setting I can change somewhere that controls this behavior?

Thanks!  :)
in data/ini/ ini.txt   

[ENGRAVINGS_START_OBSCURED:NO]

change that to yes then what the cze said above me

jh42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 04, 2010, 02:14:47 pm »

Thanks much!  :D

pluckcitizen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 04, 2010, 03:37:40 pm »

I figured this was the problem. Is there a way to set a 'zoomed in' view in the init file? Every resolution I pick gives me the same screen spacing/size. Running the ASCII version works just fine in terms of 'zoom'.

I think what you want to mess with are the Grid setting in the init.txt file. 

For your resolution of 1024x600 you'd want a grid setting of [Grid:65:37].  I do believe that should fix that issue.  Someone correct me if I'm wrong. 

Thanks!
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 03:39:27 pm by pluckcitizen »

Legislature

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 04, 2010, 03:56:14 pm »

What do I need to do if I have a 1280x720 resolution?
I try and start it up and it's all wierd, and since I haven't played in forever I can't remember what to do & I can't find it anywhere on the wiki.

Cespinarve

• Bay Watcher
  • Lege lege lege relege labora et invenies
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 04, 2010, 04:10:39 pm »

I think I'l just stick with the DF2010v2 version for now, as I prefer the birghter colours. Is there going to be a new version of the Mayday set in the enar future, or is this all its going to be?
Nice one, not sure when I'll be feeling like killing a baby but these things are good to know.
This is why we can't have nice things... someone will just wind up filling it with corpses.
Arrakis teaches the attitude of the knife — chopping off what's incomplete and saying: "Now it's complete because it's ended here."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5