Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [0.31.01] Reclaim warparties not equipping gear  (Read 832 times)

Chronas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[0.31.01] Reclaim warparties not equipping gear
« on: April 03, 2010, 06:05:44 am »

My second fort of the new version breached a cavern, a year later a forgotten beast (a winged glob of fire) killed all 89 dwarfs living there, a reclaim group was made (to my horror the old reclaim organization menu is no more) and full suits of armor with swords and shields brought with them, as soon as the map loaded i made a squad and set each dwarf to put on the default metal armor uniform -none of them did so. frustrated, i sent them all to fight the hard-mode SoF with their bare hands -they died of course. 3 reclaims later the same thing was happening again and again, swordsmen, axemen, crossbowmen -none of them would arm up.
He he he.  Yeah, it almost looks done...  alas...  those who are in your teens, hold on until your twenties...  those in your twenties, your thirties...  others, cling to life as you are able...
It should be pretty fun though.

Dave Mongoose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.31.01] Reclaim warparties not equipping gear
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2010, 10:46:27 am »

So far it seems that dwarves won't equip anything until you have a dwarf in the 'arsenal master' noble position with an office. Unfortunately, this position isn't available until you have 20 dwarves in your fort.

I'm pretty sure this is a bug, because -unless the dwarves really like their paperwork- they shouldn't need an official to hand out armour when you've only got one squad!

Chronas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.31.01] Reclaim warparties not equipping gear
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2010, 10:53:15 am »

yes, back in the first fort i was able to organize a uniformed army with the use of an arsenal dwarf, but even then they would be slow to change gear, i could never get my militia commander to trade his spear in for an artifact platinum mace
He he he.  Yeah, it almost looks done...  alas...  those who are in your teens, hold on until your twenties...  those in your twenties, your thirties...  others, cling to life as you are able...
It should be pretty fun though.